Austin Davis or Keenum - What do you think?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you send in if Hill goes down?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamzFanz

Damnit
As Rams fans, we have trampled on Austin Davis and with good reason. In previous pre-seasons he's sucked so bad in the eyes of the coaches as to be cut. But then, the Rams bring him back last season after Bradford went down probably because he knows the playbook. They still wouldn't start him even with KC losing more than winning and knowing KC wasn't the answer.

I saw for myself he was struggling in training camp.

Then he does pretty well in the preseason. Not bad at all considering.

Is he the Rams number two in training or do we have Hill and no one ready to lead this team? Keenum is slightly more experienced but lost every starting game and is probably not familiar with this team or playbook.

If Hill goes down on the first play, who do you send in?

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
If he goes down on the first play of game 1? Austin Davis which is how I've voted but....

First play of game 4 (say)? Case Keenum.

I like the Davis story and the fact that he appears to have improved this preseason but Keenum is the better QB. Not saying he's good, but he's better in my view. I'm not sure either will be a Ram after the end of this season

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This week the choice is Davis. In a couple of weeks that might change.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Davis for the rest of the season not a huge fan of Keenum, however, I understand the signing based on the fact that he has been in many games. After the 2012 season we thought Davis had so much upside and would be the future back-up to Bradford.

He did not play well in 2013 and thus got released and like many I did not think he had a snowball chance in hell to make the squad. However, he played very well in preseason ran the offense as good as you can run a Schottenheimer offense and made plays. The big question mark is his deep ball, but the Football Gods have cursed us again and dealt a huge blow with Bradford so I expect the Gods to leave Shaun Hill alone, but if the Rams have to go with another, it with me the Southern Mississippi product and not the smallest guy every to play quarterback in Texas.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I don't want Keenum in there until he knows the offense and I can't see how he learns it without reps,it isn't like he's some grizzled veteran ,he's as much a project as Davis all things considered .

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Right now it has to be Davis. Keenum doesn't know the offense yet. Maybe by week 6 I'd think differently but right now, I'd put in Davis.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Have to see how fast Keenum progresses in our system and really no way to tell that for sure unless he gets into games. That might happen if we start crushing teams and can play our backups in the second half.;)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Davis has worked with this team and he played respectably in preseason. I would give Keenum 6 weeks to familiarize himself with the scheme before I would consider giving him the opportunity. I'm not particularly confident in what Keenum could do regardless. If you watch his highlights, you could easily confuse it with Andre Johnson highlights and, as far as I know, the Rams have nothing close to an Andre Johnson.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Davis is a never will be, Keenum isnt much better but ill take Keenum over Davis every day of the week. The only thing Davis has going for him is he knows the offense. Hill please please stay healthy all season!

sugar land

UDFA
Name
SugarLand Dave
Keenum had leads in many of his eight games played last year. The defense tired in the second half and the other team scored. His head coach doubled as OC and unknown to others was having health issues. Keenum nearly beat KC and NE. Don't write him off just yet.

A55VA6

Legend
Let's hope nothing happens to Hill.. but in the event something did happen early in the season, I would start Davis.

But let's say Hill goes down later in the season, I would go with Keenum. I think he is a better QB than Davis and by then he'll know the playbook and be ready to go.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I picked Keenum. Either guy is probably going to hand it off a ton, and pass off of PA. I'll take the guy with experience. Davis looks like a turnover waiting to happen, IMO.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Davis. All season long.
Davis has two years with this offense and the ability to move the ball. His deep ball leaves much to be desired, but at least he knows what to do.
I saw Davis getting guys into position this preseason. He is the best option.

Oyster

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Davis has shown improvement in preseason for me to lighten my stance on him being our backup. He seems a lot more confident and comfortable back there. I'll take that right now over an even bigger unknown in Keenum.

Who knows, maybe this is the year the lights come on for Davis? Regardless, we're stuck with him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well only 2 QB will be active for the game, so I think its a rigged poll.

For game #1 I'd argue Hekker over Davis though...

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
who are the 8 people that voted for Keenum after 4 days? :cautious:o_O show yourselves

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Davis has earned the desperate choice spot I think. I would start him and see how it goes. I wouldn't pull him for Keenum unless he was blowing it. If he's winning more than losing, I'd stay with him and see if he could grow into a solid 2.