Austin Davis on ESPN Live!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

yes that's right a St. Louis Ram on TV! (recorded by my phone). Cheers! :D

I've noticed I no longer hold my breath when he drops back to throw, just expected it to be completed now. Great guy, great heart to keep on working after being cut by 2 different teams. It's safe to say I'm a fan.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I don't know how you can't root for Austin Davis to keep improving and be the guy for the Rams going forward.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
If I got to watch this video before the season started, my head would literally explode. Davis is the man.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one thing about Davis and I said it before the kid knows how to make adjustments to his game and doesn't make the same mistakes over and over. He gets better every time he gets behind center. He has shown a lot of improvement only 3incomplete passes with 2 touchdowns..GREAT

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Go over to Ramstalk and you'll see guys saying that Davis is just a throw it up and let the the receiver go get it type of QB. His throw to Givens wasn't some random jump ball, neither was his throws to Quick. I don't see how people come up with these cockamamie evals.

He has been looking very good to me. Maybe he doesn't have a laser but not every NFL starter does, and many that do don't have the head to know when not to use it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Love it. I loved the 'cluster' reference. Has a good sense of humor. When he was on Dan Patrick earlier, Patrick asked him if he had heard from Favre, and he said "I don't think he has cell coverage where he's been staying"... great stuff. Then said that Favre's been in contact and offering encouragement.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Love it. I loved the 'cluster' reference. Has a good sense of humor. When he was on Dan Patrick earlier, Patrick asked him if he had heard from Favre, and he said "I don't think he has cell coverage where he's been staying"... great stuff. Then said that Favre's been in contact and offering encouragement.
that was pretty good. and Fitzy was rockin a Mountaineer sweater lol

Athos

Legend
Then said that Favre's been in contact and offering encouragement.

That's pretty cool. Gotta tap Favre for as much info as he can get about the QB position.

I love watching Davis play. Even through the errors. And someone said he doesn't make the same mistakes, that's pretty much what I've gathered. He seems to know what he needs improvements upon and goes out there and tries to fix it. And I love his improv skills. He's got that "pull a play from my ass" style that can help elevate QBs to a higher level.

I think he has some scrambling for positive yards in him as well on busted plays once the O-line starts opening more holes. Just can't get enough of him right now. And thinking what he can do with quality line protection makes me giddy.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I invented this cheer the other night at the SF game (corny but catchy).

Austin! [clap clap clap] Davis! [clap clap clap] Austin! [clap clap clap] Davis! , etc.

This works too:
Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I just finished listening to the Dan Patrick interview.
Again, how can you not like this guy.

Minor point, but he doesn't seem to be a serial "um'er" in his interviews so far, which is a nice change of pace in NFL interviews.

Hopefully things continue to go well and I can look forward to buying my daughter a number 9 jersey next season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I invented this cheer the other night at the SF game (corny but catchy).

Austin! [clap clap clap] Davis! [clap clap clap] Austin! [clap clap clap] Davis! , etc.

This works too:
Number 9, Number 9, Number 9...

Every time the Rams score I, my wife and kids do the 'Awesome' cheer.

A-W-E, clap clap clap, S-O-M-E, clap, clap, clap Awesome, awesome, awesome are we! Goooooo Rams! Wooooo!

But somehow the go Rams part evolved into Go Wonderpets! (my 3 year olds idea) And this year it evolved into No Underpants! (That is my 7 year olds idea. )

Either way they love it. Even if they aren't watching the kids come running to join in as soon as we start the cheer.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Can someone post a link to the Dan Patrick interview, please and thank you