Austin Davis: “I’m very comfortable with this offense.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well said... If he were a first-second round pick playing in his first game and played as he did last week, there would not be near as many negative comments about him playing. I know this isn't College by a long-shot, but everyone ready to jump and put Keenum in over two quarters of Davis' first game. When both these two played in College Spread Offenses and when head to head, Davis plain out played Keenum and knocked them out of a BCS Bowl. That said, I believe both these guys are very smart and athletic QBs that in the right system with decent protection could be pretty decent QBs. Time to be patient and give one of them a chance to see what they can do.
[]
Well, Doug Johnson outplayed Peyton Manning when the Gators beat the Vols year in and out. And we all know how that worked out....
Lol

I'm more comfortable with Keenum over Davis based on what Case has done in the NFL over what Davis has/hasnt done

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Foles and Romo looked worse than Davis the first half they played last week. Give the guy some time to work with the starters. He's only played two quarters of football so far. Our options are very limited at this point if Hill can't play.

I don't think Keenum is the immediate answer. Maybe in a few weeks.
I just have a hard time picking him over Davis at this point. Keenum was the 4th qb on a team that has Fitzpatrick starting.

If we can run the ball. Set up play action. And take a few shots down field we may be ok.
If not, none of the QBs on our roster will be effective.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The game is still too fast for him. He said as much in the OP audio.
We don't want Davis out there right now if we still want to win 9-10 games.
Hill and Keenum #1 and #2 for me.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Foles and Romo looked worse than Davis the first half they played last week. Give the guy some time to work with the starters. He's only played two quarters of football so far. Our options are very limited at this point if Hill can't play.

I don't think Keenum is the immediate answer. Maybe in a few weeks.
I just have a hard time picking him over Davis at this point. Keenum was the 4th qb on a team that has Fitzpatrick starting.

If we can run the ball. Set up play action. And take a few shots down field we may be ok.
If not, none of the QBs on our roster will be effective.

Bucs aren't going to let us run the ball. We are going to have to earn that through the air. Regardless of what formation we come out in, or what down it is, expect the box to be loaded.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bucs aren't going to let us run the ball. We are going to have to earn that through the air. Regardless of what formation we come out in, or what down it is, expect the box to be loaded.
It worked for minn.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I think the coaches need to call a lot of bootlegs and roll outs with Davis if he plays.

I agree, let the kid get comfortable and move the pocket for him. Open the game with a simple roll out to the TE and let the kid gain some confidence. Coach to your players strengths and move the pocket a little. A couple of screens and draws would be nice also.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
But Davis has such great protection and running game last week! Put Peyton behind the O line play last week and he'd suck as well.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
kinda hard to evaluate any QB when the interior OL is being a sieve...

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
I heard Marshall Faulk comment on Davis starting this Sunday wouldn't be a bad thing. He said he likes what he saw out of Davis in the pre season when he was calling the games. Heard this on NFL AM Wednesday morning on a over the phone chat.
For what its worth.

jdhommert

Rookie
I heard Marshall Faulk comment on Davis starting this Sunday wouldn't be a bad thing. He said he likes what he saw out of Davis in the pre season when he was calling the games. Heard this on NFL AM Wednesday morning on a over the phone chat.
For what its worth.

but that was against 2s and 3s

Davis looked bad in the pocket...biggest thing to me was he didn't step up at all. A few times the DE's were running aroundto him and he had 3-5 yards of empty pocket in front of him to step up into. He didn't and just took the sack. He's gotta step up.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
but that was against 2s and 3s

Davis looked bad in the pocket...biggest thing to me was he didn't step up at all. A few times the DE's were running aroundto him and he had 3-5 yards of empty pocket in front of him to step up into. He didn't and just took the sack. He's gotta step up.
If you saw that the coaches did as well ,sure they'll try to coach that up this week .