Austin Davis: From Westminster HS to NFL Win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
In his first career NFL start Sunday, Austin Davis led the Rams to their first win of the season. Davis completed 22 of 29 passes for 235 yards. Before his second stint with the Rams, Davis was a volunteer assistant coach at Westminster Christian Academy. (2:00)

Watch the Austin Davis Story

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm getting a lot more hopeful and dare I say excited about Davis as the starter. 73% completion and 8+ yards per attempt so far? I'd be singing Bradford's praises if he was doing that so there's no reason not to give Davis his props too.

Come from behind win in his first start to boot? Seems like there isn't much excitement about a pretty positive situation.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Pulling for him...Read he had some kinda sprain...Bet he doesn't miss practice....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From having no Quarterback to having a young Drew Brees, however, you're only as good as your next play.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Things are definitely looking a lot better than when Bradford went down!:D

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
From having no Quarterback to having a young Drew Brees, however, you're only as good as your next play.
I'm hoping he keeps it going. You gotta love him. I like his athleticism, he actually jumped to toss the ball over a defender. He takes a licking and keeps on ticking. He is fired up and passionate about winning (you can't teach that). He didn't crack under pressure. I hope his next play is as good as his last pass to Pettis. We may have someone very special.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Does anyone know if he can throw the deep ball??
He threw a nice one to Quick, but the only real mustard throw, IMO, was the one to Tavon, who consequently dropped it, and got hurt on the play. To me, that was his best throw in the game...arm wise.

209RamsFan

Both
He threw a nice one to Quick, but the only real mustard throw, IMO, was the one to Tavon, who consequently dropped it, and got hurt on the play. To me, that was his best throw in the game...arm wise.
of them dropped it?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Both

of them dropped it?
Yeah, we dropped both of his best throws, IMO, but he made many other pretty good throws. He has a good feel for touch, and he's pretty creative in his release.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams QB Austin Davis discusses his path to the NFL as an undrafted free agent, what it takes to be a leader, the Rams win over the Bucs and much more. He appears on ESPN’s SVP and Russillo show.

Listen to Davis' Interview