Austin, Cook & Ogletree Flash Brilliance & Give High Hopes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ShaneG

Starter
Shane Gray provides special Rams commentaries on 101sports.com. Follow him on Twitter @ShaneGmoSTLRams.

On Saturday night in the Mile High City against the Denver Broncos, three St. Louis Rams newcomers helped elevate the collective hopes of Rams Nation to heights befitting of the majestic Rocky Mountains.

Just as the weather changes in an eye blink atop some of the greatest peaks of the Centennial State, the expectations of a large number of Rams fans were instantly altered by three spectacular plays.

The first time the Rams touched the ball, first-round rookie Tavon Austin garnered an 81-yard punt return and showed off the jets that recently had the likes of esteemed individuals like ESPN’s John Clayton and the NFL Network’s Mike Mayock figuratively drooling over his tantalizing talent.

On the very next play, prized free-agent acquisition Jared Cook showed off his 6-5 frame and world-class athleticism in going up high for a fabulous touchdown grab from Sam Bradford.

And not much later, Austin’s fellow first-round comrade Alec Ogletree exhibited breathtaking brilliance by not only stripping a fumble, and not only recovering the fumble, but also running it back for a touchdown.

Talk about a triple shot of hope and promise.

(Hope you all enjoy much more in the full piece here):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/28/cook-austin-ogletree-flash-brilliance-give-rams-fans-high-hopes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/2013/08/28/coo ... igh-hopes/</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Re: Austin, Cook & Ogletree Flash Brilliance & Give High Hop

Another nice job Shane.

Has one team ever had the D and O ROY? I don't think so, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd toss it out there for the board.

ShaneG

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Austin, Cook & Ogletree Flash Brilliance & Give High Hop

LesBaker said:
Another nice job Shane.

Has one team ever had the D and O ROY? I don't think so, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd toss it out there for the board.

Not sure, either, but I will check. Thanks for the kind words. (Keyboard was jacked up yesterday I had to edit almost every word and took forever to write as well. Multiple keys were producing multiple letters with each hit.)