Austin Comparisons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I have yet to see Tavon Austin play a down in the NFL. But in terms of his versatility ... and how I believe the Rams are going to use him, I would say Randall Cobb - Green Bay. He is going to line up all over the place on offense. He is going to be doing some KR/PR's. He will line up at slot .... outside ... in the backfield ... everywhere.

The thing about him that he has over RC is he is even more explosive. Faster ... more elusive. But I'm not so sure that he is going to be a "go to guy" as a WR. He is going to be exactly what he is ... a WEAPON ... from all over the field. He will draw a lot of attention when he is on the field. ... .and that is going to open up the others (insert name here) to be even more effective. That is his true value ... and one that the Rams have not had the luxury of in quite some time. :cheese:

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I hope he isn't used as a goto guy becuase he will be used on kr/pr also. I have yet to see a player being a goto guy and handle those return duties in the NFL. Remember when David hester a few years ago when he was asked to return and be a full time receiver? It didn't work out, the work load was too much. I believe we have yet to see a player in the NFL like Austin. But I also believe he will get a work load like a darren sproles.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
fastcat said:
I hope he isn't used as a goto guy becuase he will be used on kr/pr also. I have yet to see a player being a goto guy and handle those return duties in the NFL. Remember when David hester a few years ago when he was asked to return and be a full time receiver? It didn't work out, the work load was too much. I believe we have yet to see a player in the NFL like Austin. But I also believe he will get a work load like a darren sproles.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Derik mason did it in his early titans career

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
ReddingRam said:
I have yet to see Tavon Austin play a down in the NFL. But in terms of his versatility ... and how I believe the Rams are going to use him, I would say Randall Cobb - Green Bay. He is going to line up all over the place on offense. He is going to be doing some KR/PR's. He will line up at slot .... outside ... in the backfield ... everywhere.

The thing about him that he has over RC is he is even more explosive. Faster ... more elusive. But I'm not so sure that he is going to be a "go to guy" as a WR. He is going to be exactly what he is ... a WEAPON ... from all over the field. He will draw a lot of attention when he is on the field. ... .and that is going to open up the others (insert name here) to be even more effective. That is his true value ... and one that the Rams have not had the luxury of in quite some time. :cheese:

This. Just putting him on the field changes how a defense will attack. He will make an excellent decoy as well, and open things up for our other WRs and maybe Cook more specifically. Tavon can run drag routes and manipulate LBs while Cook can "cook" on up the seam. So many options with this personnel. Schotty has to be drooling...