Austin Blythe retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Geez how quick you guys forget. The dude was a swinging gate. He's the only NFL OG I've ever seen fall flat on his face trying to pull. He tripped over his own feet. The block he missed was the guy that made the TFL. With both Blythe and Havenstein on the same side they were a fucking disaster.

He's retiring because he will never get another starting position.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yeah I guess I just don't want them to get anything that helps lol
You guys honestly think The Rams are going to draft a Center? Allen & Coleman are signed in 2023(Allen24).
If that is so The Rams better make sure there is value.The Rams had their chance in a DEEP center draft. I believe all Top 5 are starters.
Tyler Badazz was another Center The Rams should have drafted in 2020.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s amazing how we were able to go to two Super Bowls with so many incompetent starters on the OL. I guess it was because of those great running QBs we had.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
They only took The Rams to the Superbowl in 2018. Point being Austin Blythe was a swing backup Center who was an overachiever.
The Rams should have replaced both Hav & Blythe by NOW. You can remember the BAD! Which seems easy for you.
I was thinking the same way if The Rams could trade Havenstien for even a 7th rd pick. The thing is they traded for Matthew Stafford.
We can both agree The Rams could have used the Cam Akers (Jefferson)pick for Jalen Hurts.If you give me the choices(draft picks) you’d see a whole different team.
I enjoy watching Rams players & take the good that they have done. I wonder about Rob Havienstien’s leadership? I wish when he was interviewing at home around Christmas the reporter would have said both on how the players relationships were.Rob had a good answer for what The Offensive Line was like off the field.
—I saw that Raider game & actually PISSED(only in the sense of draft picks which will be repaid for Baker Mayfield) that a Holding was not called on a TD or first down Pass that actually gave The Rams & backer a chance to win it. That Personal Foul(late hit) was so BAD!! It stopped the clock & gave The Rams a first down.
—You saying Austin Blythe playing guard was bad. You never saw The Thread I started 5 years ago. In 2019The Rams F’””d
Up.He was never a guard. He was a Center that HAD to PLAY guard.
—He even made mention of that & that he is retiring shows you,he knows his own skill level.
By next year he will be walking around weighing less than 250lbs.
I LMAO when people want to think about the old HOF players only who only weighed 250 lbs there whole career.
Thinking about that & Mike Webster & his head injuries.
That brings up another Ram in David Edwards. From what I recall he had a bad Head Injury?
I didn’t see it & missed some games.Just appreciating him 2019,2020,2021 getting injured in 2022.being a 5th rd 4year starter is how teams win Superbowls through the Draft.I considered him as a overachiever as a Ram.Roger Saffold held down that LG spot.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It’s amazing how we were able to go to two Super Bowls with so many incompetent starters on the OL. I guess it was because of those great running QBs we had.

& you see Turtles? Did you the Offensive Line last season.

The complaint is not about The Players IMO. It’s not building it for The Future!!
—2019 O’Line was BAD!! Les Snead finding Austin Corbett LG
& David Edwards coming into play RG.

—Austin Blythe was a Big part of The O’Line keeping The Rams in the Playoff Race. That was a good team.

Rob Havienstien has been an excellent Ram!! He just gets beat on the edge. Having a RB or TE on his side takes care of that.
—In 2019 Bobby Evans played good enough to get The Rams to the Playoffs of all O’Lineman.

The Rams got lucky with Andrew Whitworth’s Fontain of Youth.He gave The Rams so much on & off The Field.Best FA signing EVER by The Rams.You can’t forget the past,but the Future?
—Maybe 2023 is different,but when it comes to Geno Smith & Austin Blythe they both looked better than Denver. Tyler Badazz should have been a Ram & maybe cutting Blythe or Allen.

In 2020 Brian Allen sat out The whole season. His claim to FAME was first NFL Player to get Covid!! He never got healthy though & Cam Akers his rookie season sure looked good running behind Austin Blythe.
—All those Todd Gurley under Mcvay? Rob Havienstien is an EXCELLENT RUN blocker. I still say he should have been playing RG. Yes - Ahead of Austin Blythe 2019.

—Joke all you want,but to debate it is tough tale.I say I thought Noteboom would be ok at GUARD. He proved he was not that Mauler like Havienstien can be. Protecting from those FAST EDGE rusher is my thought.

Last edited:

Tano

Legend
Austin Blythe was a so so center who was good on 1st and second down and less than 7

He was okay on 3rd and less than 7.

However, he was terrible on 2nd and long and 3rd and long when the other team had a bull rushing nose tackle.

It's as simple as that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I appreciate what he did for us and all that, though I was often frustrated by him. So I think it's a good decision and best of luck to him in retirement.