Aug-24 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Updated depth chart if you wanted to further discuss the QB situation.

CqkMjvzWgAEbnvw.jpg:large

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
#OldSchool, Sorry, couldn't make it today but sure wished I did! I haven't seen any real fights so far.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
#OldSchool, Sorry, couldn't make it today but sure wished I did! I haven't seen any real fights so far.
It seems Tree took Gurley to the ground and it started a fight. Gurley started the fight and Fisher put everybody in "time out".

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It seems Tree took Gurley to the ground and it started a fight. Gurley started the fight and Fisher put everybody in "time out".
Damn Fisher was probably pissed. He explained how much we needed Todd and didn't want him on the ground.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where did you find this?
Somebody posted it off twitter I believe from the Rams twitter. It's different from what's on their website but aside from video's whoever runs their website is a bigtime slacker.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn Fisher was probably pissed. He explained how much we needed Todd and didn't want him on the ground.
Yup, one tweet I saw mentioned hearing Todd saying he wanted the contact but Fisher wasn't backing down.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Somebody posted it off twitter I believe from the Rams twitter. It's different from what's on their website but aside from video's whoever runs their website is a bigtime slacker.
You are 100% right that website is so slow to correct and update info.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Singletary is rubbin off on Ogletree and I'm diggin the nastiness.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

According to Sporting News & Yahoo, the fight was actually between Benny Cunningham and Ogletree, and Gurley entered the scrum on his own before being taken down.

Here's their quote :

"After Wednesday's fight that started with running back Benny Cunningham and linebacker Alec Ogletree going after each other before others jumped in, Fisher forced the team to take a break.

"They got a little testy so we gave them a timeout," Fisher said. "Go sit in the corner, go to your room, take a little time out. So we cooled off and we got a lot done. You don’t like to see this happen. I’m not concerned about this carrying over to the games. It was a good learning experience for us, they’re competing."

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
:eek: Is this allowed? I'd have thought the players' union would have something to say about that!

:sneaky:

...along with his notorious reputation for dropping his pants and exposing himself, this would show an escalating pattern of misconduct.... ;)

Hey, the guy was a 49er. :thinking:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...mpers-flare-at-rams-camp-todd-gurley-involved

Alden Gonzalez

IRVINE, Calif. -- Todd Gurley, the man who is not even supposed to be tackled, ended up near the bottom of a pile during Los Angeles Rams practice Wednesday afternoon, the result of a scuffle that also involved fellow running back Benny Cunningham, middle linebacker Alec Ogletree and several other Rams players.

The incident exasperated Rams coach Jeff Fisher, who halted practice and forced his players to assemble in a stretching circle before resuming.

Fisher said he's "not concerned about those things carrying over into the games" and called it "a good learning experience for us."

"They got a little testy," Fisher said, "so I gave them a timeout."

During Tuesday's airing of "Hard Knocks," the HBO series that follows the Rams through training camp, Fisher was seen telling coaches that the defensive players need to treat Gurley "like a freaking quarterback."

"Gurley doesn't need to f---ing be hit in the 9-on-7 [drill], OK?" Fisher said during the show. "I don't want '30' tackled. We need '30.'"

But a few plays after Cunningham and Ogletree got into it Wednesday, Gurley and his No. 30 jersey were right in the middle of a mini-scuffle, at one point falling to the ground with several players hovering over him, then slamming his helmet as he walked away, according to onlookers.

"That was his choice, OK?" Fisher said of Gurley being near the bottom of the pile. "We all need to be smarter than that, but that was his choice. Shows you what kind of competitor he is."

Ogletree is transitioning to middle linebacker this season, and the "Hard Knocks" cameras showed him expressing frustration Saturday because the defense gave up an opening-drive touchdown for a second consecutive game.

Ogletree didn't want to get into what sparked Wednesday's physical exchange.

“It was just competing, man," Ogletree said. "Tempers flare, you know. Things like that are going to happen. [Fisher] cooled us down, everybody got back together. We settled our issues and went on with practice, finished out the day. ... We’re all still brothers and teammates, and we definitely look out for one another. We’re going to put that behind us and keep working."

The Rams play their third and most important preseason game Saturday, when they travel to Denver to face the reigning Super Bowl champion Broncos at 6 p.m. PT. Starters will see their most snaps that night, then basically rest up during the fourth preseason game, which takes place Sept. 1. Wednesday represented the last time the Rams would compete against one another in pads before the start of the regular season, which Fisher believes might have heightened the emotion.

Ogletree was asked if fights like these are good or bad.

"It’s kind of both," he said. "It’s a good thing because it definitely brings the energy up; guys are competing a little harder. A bad thing in the sense that you don’t want guys out there fighting because you’re risking injury, somebody getting hurt. Coach did a good job of cooling us off and getting everybody back to our senses."

Some additional notes from Wednesday's practice ...

Rams offensive tackle Rob Havenstein, on the physically unable to perform list because of a foot injury, has been taking part in light drills with coaches during practice this week. Fisher said Havenstein, who started 13 games as a rookie last year, is "making progress." He'll travel with the Rams to Denver and go through pregame workouts with the hope of practicing next week.

• Fisher, on what he wants to accomplish against the Broncos on Saturday: "“Offensively, I want to find a way to keep running the football. And this defense is really good. Earlier, I watched them play the 49ers, and [defensive coordinator] Wade [Philips] does such a great job with fundamentals and technique against the run. It’ll be a good test for our early group in there."