Aug-03 Camp Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Quinn isn't even getting a full set of reps there has been one padded practice (only time you can really judge a lineman). How the hell is anyone making any solid determinations about G-Rob?

Ramzee

Rookie
This is just one play (of many) with (#73) Greg Robinson (And Bennie Cunningham #23) matched up versus a defender. In this case it's (#97) Eugene Sims in 11 on 11's on Wednesdays camp practice. This is just about the entire play sequence. Mostly cropped down to just GRob but we have the whole field in view in the original pics. It's almost like watching a video. The actual original photos are very large too with a lot of detail. The pictures, they all speak for themselves. People can infer whatever it is that they like. I just don't know, if you want facts, I got them. I don't care what anyone else says because they can't deny the photos.

grob-vs-sims1.jpg

grob-vs-sims2.jpg

grob-vs-sims-3.jpg

grob-vs-sims-4.jpg

grob-vs-sims-5.jpg

grob-vs-sims-6.jpg

grob-vs-sims-7.jpg

grob-vs-sims-8.jpg

grob-vs-sims-9.jpg

grob-vs-sims-10.jpg

grob-vs-sims-11.jpg

grob-vs-sims-12.jpg

grob-vs-sims-13.jpg

grob-vs-sims-14.jpg

grob-vs-sims-15.jpg

grob-vs-sims-16.jpg

grob-vs-sims-17.jpg

grob-vs-sims-18.jpg

grob-vs-sims-19.jpg

grob-vs-sims-20.jpg

grob-vs-sims-21.jpg

grob-vs-sims-22.jpg

grob-vs-sims-23.jpg

grob-vs-sims-24.jpg

grob-vs-sims-25.jpg

grob-vs-sims-26.jpg

grob-vs-sims-27.jpg

Ramzee

Rookie
Quinn isn't even getting a full set of reps there has been one padded practice (only time you can really judge a lineman). How the hell is anyone making any solid determinations about G-Rob?
You can't make any determinations about anyone. It's only been the first few days and mostly in shorts. There's still been plenty to see though.

Ramzee

Rookie
Maybe GRob just needs to grab Quinn and put him in a headlock, like the rest of the league.
He kind of tried on a few plays. Here he is doing his best to hug it out with Quinn as he blows by him into the back field to blow up Gurley on a run play.

grob-holds-quinn.jpg

People can say whatever they want to say. They can't argue with the pictures. The previous play they ran behind GRob with Gurley too and it would have been a 50 yard TD easy in a real game. He pulled out to the second level and engulfed (#56) Akeem Ayers kicking him out of the hole. It is what it is. Like them or not, these are the facts.

To me so far in camp, GRob looks very much like same old GRob. I don't care about horses or saddles or whatever anyone else at camp says. It's still early though.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
What I see in those pictures are no pads a lineman needs to able to ANCHOR. Like I said before there is no way you can make a determination on G-Robs progress on what has has happened so far in the offseason.

If Simms and Quinn are beating him like a drum in the fully padded practice Saturday, ok maybe we should get a little worried, but so far there is definitely not enough to make a determination about him one way or the other.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
What I see in those pictures are no pads a lineman needs to able to ANCHOR. Like I said before there is no way you can make a determination on G-Robs progress on what has has happened so far in the offseason.

If Simms and Quinn are beating him like a drum in the fully padded practice Saturday, ok maybe we should get a little worried, but so far there is definitely not enough to make a determination about him one way or the other.

I tend to agree.

ntsh.png

One play in no pads, where the defense is acknowledged to have an insane advantage and it looks like GRob does exactly what he's supposed to do in a wide rush. Extend the DLine out beyond and past the pocket. The QB there probably had 6 or 7 seconds to pass the ball which is much more than they need.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Ramzee

What are we looking at vs Sims again?

a couple of camp reports....and nope, no linemen, all skill positions
http://ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?19,482547,482547#msg-482547

Here's ramsman34...

ramsman34's camp report Tuesday 8/2/16

Another great day at camp today.

First, about padded practices; I truly believe gone are the days of full pads and full, all-out e contact. We debated this among ourselves at at camp and i just think today's practice was about as padded as its going to get - at least when it is one v ones. Coaches really don't want guys getting in scrums or going to/getting taken to the ground. I know, I know - this is football. Ya, it is. But it is also a big time business with tons of pressure on organizations to succeed and with teams paying obscene money to star players. The reward is not worth the risk, IMO. I think there will only be "real" hitting in some goal line situations, STs, and when the back end of the roster guys go at it.

The Offense:

They have been improving incrementally each day. And in pads, the o-line can actually block and engage the D-line. All in all, the O out performed the D today in 11 v 11 and even in 7 v 7 (as they should). There were two separate 11 v 11 sessions which I have not seen done before. the offense did well in the first session but really shined in the second

I am focusing more on the team O work than anything else so far as this has been, as we all know, the weak link.

11 v 11 - Session 1:

I am not going to do the play by play that I did last report. Someone brought up that it might be too much detail (personnel group, down, distance, etc.) and that might piss the Rams off. I don't think so, but just in case...

Keenum started the session and got the first 4 plays. First was an intermediate out route to Tay which was complete but Quinn smoked GRob and would have had the sack, Next Gurley ripped of a big outside zone run to the weak side. The personnel group and formation were interesting and different. Toss to Benny next that would have been a first down followed by an inside run out of a formation/personnel group that is a dead "we are running the ball" give away. Hopefully they will use play action out of this group/formation

Goff got the next 5 plays. He fumbles the snap from under center on play 1 - not good, but he shook it off. 2. Play-action, but Goff checked it down - he had #81 Duke Williams open for a TD on a post route - the clock in Goff's head is slowly getting adjusted to NFL speed and NFL timing. 3. Checked to a run play pre snap, short gain by Reynolds. 4. Zone read, short gain - benny. 5. Sprint draw, might have been against a blitz, Benny gets a big gain.

Back to Keenum. 1. Gurley, inside for a tough 4 yds. 2. Quinn again blows by GRob but it is a 3-step whip out to Britt for the completion 3. Ck down to Benny, short gain. 4. Jet sweep to Tay, totally blown up by one of our new stud DL - Quinton Coples.

Mannion. 1. Inside run, Aaron Green - no gain, he is tentative running inside, no churn. 2. Nice ball to Harkey on a seam route. 3. Off tackle run - A. Green, good for 5yds. 4. Ck. down on a delay drag, big hit by Ayers to knock receiver down (didn't get the #), short gain.

Back to Keenum. 1. Curl to Kendricks good for a 1st down. 2. ** Gurley out of the backfield on a post route for 20+ yds. against TJ McDonald. TG3 is going to be a match-up problem (cue Marshall Faulk highlights)! 3. Swing to Tay, blitz beater against man coverage - short gain - great closing speed by D 4. corner blitz cover-2 pre snap to cover 1, crossing route to Kendricks - another great blitz beater.

Back to Goff. he had a couple nice throws to TEs on crossers and outs, his first throw this session should have been a pick six, threw a nice deep post to Duke but McDonald broke it up with what would have certainly been called PI - McDonald is NOT a coverage safety, in case anyone is still wondering if he is.

NOTES: We have seen almost ZERO motion or shifts. Also very few screens, no slip screens or middle screens. Very few jet sweeps or jet-action passes. Gurley is running legitimate routes out of the back field - not just wheel or swings routes. His post route from the right side of the QB in shot gun "was a thing of beauty. Spruce, Michael Thomas, occasionally McRoberts, Bradley, and Duke Williams are impressing me - a lot. Quick is better than last year and he made a siiiiick grab in the last 11 v 11 red zone session that I will get to in a minute. But, the level of competition is better than I have seen in years at WR and at TE. I think the 5-6 WRs and the 4 TEs will be a significant upgrade over last year in sum.

Goff is much better against zone than man coverage at this point in camp. Although he crushed it in the 7 v 7 red zone against pure man. He is truly at his best in the red zone. And THAT is an "effing" good thing!

In 7 v 7 Keenum threw a pick -Lamarcus Joyner made a great leaping play at the goal line - he looks really good and improved. He hit Quick on a double-move corner-post route in the back of the end zone - great, and I mean stellar, leaping grab by Quick - another "flash" of his immense, but under tapped potential. Case had another TD to Spruce with some incompletions scattered in between.

Goff had TD throws to M. Thomas, Harkey, and a great in-cut to Duke (yes, I am truly pulling and hoping for this kid to make it). Goff also would have been sacked once and should have been picked once.

All in all, this was the best 7 v 7 session to date with the offense finally finding a way to beat man coverage.

The second 11 v 11 was red zone and a much shorter session. Keenum was ok, but as Hacksaw64 noted, late and threw behind his receivers. He was the same in 7 v 7 against no rush/pressure. CASE IS NOT GOING TO BE THE STARTER! I just can't see it.

Goff kicked ass in this session with 2 TDs to Tavon (smoke screen, and corner route).

If Goff isn't the starter in SF game one, I will be shocked. Keenum has him in the command and control dept. and maybe a little bit in the moxie dept. But everywhere else Goff is dominant: feet, pocket awareness, arm strength , ball placement....the kid just needs reps, and a lot of them in order to get him really ready. It will be interesting to see how much he plays in preseason. If it is more than one would expect, then I am certain he will be the starter day 1 as the coaches are trying to get him repped up and ready as quickly as possible.

I think the kid can handle the adversity of making mistakes, throwing picks, and even losing a couple games.(only a couple, kid) He will make a lot of plays for us this season and beyond and I truly think we are on the verge of a long run of winning football. Goff looks like the real deal to me.

More from Camp Friday.

RM34

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Another....
http://ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?19,482555,482555#msg-482555
Rams43 (same one from here???)
August 04, 2016 06:50PM
I have some photos & videos of today. I view things different than most & was the loudest one there by far .. I also move around a lot.

My take ?? Well it was QB's & TE's today.

First off I really go by what I see from my view point. Which is a Farley(not Nick) eval !!
- Case Keenan should have been 5-0 last season. He makes good plays & moves his feet well. He is a leader out there as well.He should be the starter by far( not DeMarco) at this point if the season.
2. Goff in warm ups throws well.He is not making real good reads. His passes are in traffic. I'm not sure what they want him to go with the ball.but a lot of underneath stuff.
--For some reason it looked like he might have tweaked something on his right leg. It looked like he was a little ginger on it.
--At that point he was more of a ship wreak.when he made plays it was to Mike Thomas #13. Copper #10 was sidelined for practice .
3.Seam Mannion is & was not really worthy of a 3rd pk in my opinion.He just does not stand out. He makes a bad play & does not move on to next play.That makes things worse.

New TE's
1. Harkey#46 is a big dude.He makes plays when asked.
2. Lance is Lance / solid, but a little clumsy at time.He looks good & fresh.
3. Higbee looks really good. He looks good on special teams as well.I say they just keep these 3.
He is really smooth & athletic
4.Hemingway needs to go on practice squad. He has potential. Don't like the way he wears his helmet on side lines.I'm a little old school.

Player of the day on offense today was ?
Wait 4 it ?
Wait 4 it ? Brian Quick. He went up & made plays in the ends zone.He also ran some good routes

--Todd Gurley is electric. He is just smooth & can take it to the house just about every time he touches it.

Case Keenam has to be added to this list.Just really consistent & playing with confidence .

Mike Thomas was Jared Goff's best WR.

--Jamon Brown was working one on one with the best.He stayed in until he got it right.Really liked how that went.They keep him in until he won a play.

--Tavon is so good. Kenny Britt has his moments.

Ramzee

Rookie
I tend to agree.

One play in no pads, where the defense is acknowledged to have an insane advantage and it looks like GRob does exactly what he's supposed to do in a wide rush. Extend the DLine out beyond and past the pocket. The QB there probably had 6 or 7 seconds to pass the ball which is much more than they need.
Exactly, the pictures speak for themselves. It's just a play. One play of many from Rams camp. I have pretty much all of them. With little exceptions. The sequence is to illustrate that I have a vast amount of detail to pour through, so when I'm talking about something, I'm not just pulling shit out of my ass like most other people will do. Especially people who heard this or that from whatever random person. I don't care about that.

Ramzee

Rookie
@Ramzee

What are we looking at vs Sims again?
You're just looking at a single play, fully documented. That's all. I have a full camp of them in total. Whatever the outcome is, the outcome is. My point was, I have all of them. In great detail. If someone comes at me in an argument from that angle I don't care what about some random media person said or anyone else. I'm basing my opinion on the totality of what I have seen, not just one random play. I don't know what other people are watching. I just know what I'm watching. And I've been focused on GRob. I have every play to explore and look at. Right now. I didn't just sit there and glance and go off of my memory.

The Ramsman34 camp report is funny. I sat right next to him. He documented a play or two where GRob gets beat right in his report.

Ramzee

Rookie
I will try to post a report with pics later tonight or tomorrow. So you guys can see more of Wednesday practice.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Ramzee

How are you doing, man? Long time no see. Glad to see you're out there at camp. Gotta be exciting times for you with the Rams moving. Yea, that Sims play is brutal to look at. Hate when I see a LT relegated to the turn and chase. Hopefully, Greg can continue to progress and become more consistent. But I agree with you. Last year, his issue wasn't sucking 100% of the time. It was him having 5-10 plays a game where he flat-out blew his assignment. He cut that down late in the year, but he still had a 2-5 plays where it happened.

HellRam

Starter

I disagree with the statement that if Robinson is great at LT he will be great at G and vise versa. Barron played better at LB then he did at traditional SS so far in the NFL.

Just like we stated. Getting off quick on the snap has not been his strong suite and their is some evidence that suggest why. I'm hoping for the best like all Rams... and I agree average LT at this point would be wonderful.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
This is just one play (of many) with (#73) Greg Robinson (And Bennie Cunningham #23) matched up versus a defender. In this case it's (#97) Eugene Sims in 11 on 11's on Wednesdays camp practice. This is just about the entire play sequence. Mostly cropped down to just GRob but we have the whole field in view in the original pics. It's almost like watching a video. The actual original photos are very large too with a lot of detail. The pictures, they all speak for themselves. People can infer whatever it is that they like. I just don't know, if you want facts, I got them. I don't care what anyone else says because they can't deny the photos.

grob-vs-sims1.jpg

grob-vs-sims2.jpg

grob-vs-sims-3.jpg

grob-vs-sims-4.jpg

grob-vs-sims-5.jpg

grob-vs-sims-6.jpg

grob-vs-sims-7.jpg

grob-vs-sims-8.jpg

grob-vs-sims-9.jpg

grob-vs-sims-10.jpg

grob-vs-sims-11.jpg

grob-vs-sims-12.jpg

grob-vs-sims-13.jpg

grob-vs-sims-14.jpg

grob-vs-sims-15.jpg

grob-vs-sims-16.jpg

grob-vs-sims-17.jpg

grob-vs-sims-18.jpg

grob-vs-sims-19.jpg

grob-vs-sims-20.jpg

grob-vs-sims-21.jpg

grob-vs-sims-22.jpg

grob-vs-sims-23.jpg

grob-vs-sims-24.jpg

grob-vs-sims-25.jpg

grob-vs-sims-26.jpg

grob-vs-sims-27.jpg
Wow great pics. Thank you for sharing

ViennaMax

Rookie
really wanna say thank you guys for all the reports - I'm living here in austria and have no chance getting any coverage about my rams other than nfl.com and you guys - and you're doing an amazing job (y)

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Another....
http://ramsrule.com/herd/read.php?19,482555,482555#msg-482555
Rams43 (same one from here???)
August 04, 2016 06:50PM
I have some photos & videos of today. I view things different than most & was the loudest one there by far .. I also move around a lot.

My take ?? Well it was QB's & TE's today.

First off I really go by what I see from my view point. Which is a Farley(not Nick) eval !!
- Case Keenan should have been 5-0 last season. He makes good plays & moves his feet well. He is a leader out there as well.He should be the starter by far( not DeMarco) at this point if the season.
2. Goff in warm ups throws well.He is not making real good reads. His passes are in traffic. I'm not sure what they want him to go with the ball.but a lot of underneath stuff.
--For some reason it looked like he might have tweaked something on his right leg. It looked like he was a little ginger on it.
--At that point he was more of a ship wreak.when he made plays it was to Mike Thomas #13. Copper #10 was sidelined for practice .
3.Seam Mannion is & was not really worthy of a 3rd pk in my opinion.He just does not stand out. He makes a bad play & does not move on to next play.That makes things worse.

New TE's
1. Harkey#46 is a big dude.He makes plays when asked.
2. Lance is Lance / solid, but a little clumsy at time.He looks good & fresh.
3. Higbee looks really good. He looks good on special teams as well.I say they just keep these 3.
He is really smooth & athletic
4.Hemingway needs to go on practice squad. He has potential. Don't like the way he wears his helmet on side lines.I'm a little old school.

Player of the day on offense today was ?
Wait 4 it ?
Wait 4 it ? Brian Quick. He went up & made plays in the ends zone.He also ran some good routes

--Todd Gurley is electric. He is just smooth & can take it to the house just about every time he touches it.

Case Keenam has to be added to this list.Just really consistent & playing with confidence .

Mike Thomas was Jared Goff's best WR.

--Jamon Brown was working one on one with the best.He stayed in until he got it right.Really liked how that went.They keep him in until he won a play.

--Tavon is so good. Kenny Britt has his moments.

One and the same, Champ. Rams43, that is. Lol.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're just looking at a single play, fully documented. That's all. I have a full camp of them in total. Whatever the outcome is, the outcome is. My point was, I have all of them. In great detail. If someone comes at me in an argument from that angle I don't care what about some random media person said or anyone else. I'm basing my opinion on the totality of what I have seen, not just one random play. I don't know what other people are watching. I just know what I'm watching. And I've been focused on GRob. I have every play to explore and look at. Right now. I didn't just sit there and glance and go off of my memory.

The Ramsman34 camp report is funny. I sat right next to him. He documented a play or two where GRob gets beat right in his report.
Thanks for flash photos. I like what I see there in G Rob against Simms. He gets low & he gets nasty !!
Right there in those photos is what I saw yesterday from a glance. He get lower than before & has his bat ready to hit .

Ramzee

Rookie
@Ramzee

How are you doing, man? Long time no see. Glad to see you're out there at camp. Gotta be exciting times for you with the Rams moving. Yea, that Sims play is brutal to look at. Hate when I see a LT relegated to the turn and chase. Hopefully, Greg can continue to progress and become more consistent. But I agree with you. Last year, his issue wasn't sucking 100% of the time. It was him having 5-10 plays a game where he flat-out blew his assignment. He cut that down late in the year, but he still had a 2-5 plays where it happened.
@jrry32 my man! How's it going bro?! Long time no chat.

It's awesome! Really, it is. HUGE kudos to the Rams for letting us show up and take all this media with us to share on the internet. I'm lovin it! Kind of makes you feel like a kid again.

I just wish I could roll it out faster. I'm still pouring through Wednesdays pics and getting them ready.

You understand me perfectly when it comes to Robinson. Nothing more needs to be said. You know I'm watching him like a hawk. Along with the rest of them. I hope to post more of what I'm seeing soon.