Attendance is an NFL Problem, not STL Rams problem

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Shane Gray STL Rams ‏@ShaneGmoSTLRams59m
58,442 official attendance for @STLouisRams today, the worst team in NFL over last nine seasons.

Hammond Knight ‏@HammondKnight5h
Guess I'm not the only fair weather Panthers fan... BofA Stadium showing a lot of empty seats

Alan martin ‏@PantherBeast_OS4h
So many empty seats in Panthers stadium today. Don't you just love the fan support from our fans. Smh!!

Frank Strait ‏@AccuFrank4h
Way too many empty seats in Charlotte. I live 500 miles away. What's your excuse? #Panthers #KeepPounding

Tommie Tixx ‏@TommieTixx7h
Wow, Lots of empty seats in the lower level at #Vikings game #winning

Steve Stockmar ‏@CourierSports5h
What is with the empty seats in Tennessee? Looks like a Marlins game. #Titans #AZCardinals

Cape Taylor ‏@capetaylor25h
So many empty seats at #Titans game that it looks like Vandys stadium on their game days.

MrG ‏@mrgalati9h
Jacksonville's empty seats are ferocious. #Jags #yousuck pic.twitter.com/m3FbEbm9MX

Joe ‏@BuffaloJoe_218h
9 rows of empty seats in front of me #Jags #bills pic.twitter.com/3Br9RFer0P

AmplifiedtoRock ‏@AmplifiedtoRock9h
Big game with plenty of playoff implications, so of course there's thousands of empty seats. #Dolphins

mr.kushover -B.I.T.E ‏@GRIMEYSKIZZ9h
Nothing but patriots fans in dolphins stadium and empty seats #patriots #gametime

Nick Novak ‏@NickBNovak9h
Where are all the Browns fans in Cleveland??? It looks like there are 10 empty seats to each filled one! #CHIvsCLE

AJ Mercurio ‏@andremercurio5h
The stadium must be 70/30 bears fans today. Big cheers for the beers on big plays

Kevin Toomey ‏@kevin_toomey6h
There's more bears fans in Cleveland than browns fans

brad steiner ‏@bradstinks7h
I've never seen so many visitor fans at a game. #Redskins #falcons

V3

Hall of Fame
That first pic is nuts. I'm curious when the other two were taken. It looks like it was before game time. If not, then I feel pretty good about the Rams' attendance.

A55VA6

Legend
Wow. A lot of people just don't have the money. Times are hard man. That's probably the main reason people aren't going.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Never would have made it to the game last year if it wasn't a gift from the in-laws I do also live 1000 miles away. I'll definitely be in Minneapolis next year. If the NFL is so concerned about the live experience, the first step should probably be making it more affordable for everyone.

V3

Hall of Fame
Wow. A lot of people just don't have the money. Times are hard man. That's probably the main reason people aren't going.

That and it's a better experience to just watch at home where the food is better and cheaper and the toilets are yours. If you have a DVR, it makes it even better. Rewatch plays over and over and then skip over commercials (I usually start watching about 30 after kickoff to build up a buffer).

V3

Hall of Fame
Never would have made it to the game last year if it wasn't a gift from the in-laws I do also live 1000 miles away. I'll definitely be in Minneapolis next year. If the NFL is so concerned about the live experience, the first step should probably be making it more affordable for everyone.

:roflmao:

A55VA6

Legend
That and it's a better experience to just watch at home where the food is better and cheaper and the toilets are yours. If you have a DVR, it makes it even better. Rewatch plays over and over and then skip over commercials (I usually start watching about 30 after kickoff to build up a buffer).
yep. id love to take a trip to the dome one day... but i love the comfort of my home watching the game every sunday.

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
Ticket sales will continue to go down. Parking hassle, drunk idiots, fights, traffic, 12.00 beers.. I'd rather kick my feet up and watch in my house..

fearsomefour

Legend
Cold weather, paying $20 to $40 to park in a crappy, dirty lot to have to talk for 20 minutes to get to the stadium, $12 beers ect. Plus depending what stadium you go to it can be a 2 hour thing to get out of the stadium….so, it turns into a very expensive, all day thing. Unless the game means something, why spend tons of money and time to be cold?
The NFL sort of picked its poisen when it did the ticket deal. But, it makes most of its money from TV anyway, so, probably not very concerned.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Pittsburgh was pretty empty tonight too. It's cold out!

I was amazed at how empty that stadium was.. I have posted it in groups on FB.. I was like WOW.. Pittsburgh even has fans who travel well. That stadium was damn near half empty, even in the lower bowl.. Just goes to show what winning does..

It's a different economy also. Why not stay at home with at least a 42 inch big screen TV (or larger), a case of bud light for $20, a good homemade pot of chili, not to mention your favorite salsa/cheese dip with chips.. Much cheaper than going to a game. Plus no crowd, restroom, or traffic hassles. No worries of a DUI most important.. I can see why people are camping out at home for games. HDTV is awesome too. Not saying it's right, but the NFL is making a lot of money off TV revenue, so why is attendance a mandatory issue? It's a new age folks..

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
It's not just a money thing.
Before this season I went to every Ram game except 2 in the dome, even counting preseason. This season I went to 2 games. Some of it is time, Sunday is my only for sure day off and I have up keep on my farm I must do.
But the main reason is there are now so many ways better to watch a game.. All are on tv, coaches film, red zone and ROD. I just get a better Ram experiance not going. I have more fun in the chat room than I do with fans at the dome. etc.

I'm not alone, more and more fans are doing what I do.They stay home and watch. The owners want the giant stadiums, seating 70k, jumbotron crap but they are out of touch. Those days are over except in a few cities. Rams sell 600k tickets in a great year, 50 bucks a tick avg. that pays Finnegans and JL's and Langfords salaries.
10 years from now 30k will be a big crowd.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The crazy thing is that attendance for college is still insane. I know that we had 80,000+ for a number of home games here at SC this year.

Psycho_X

Legend
The Cowboys game sounded like a home game for the Packers as well. That place was loud at all the wrong times.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Cowboys game sounded like a home game for the Packers as well. That place was loud at all the wrong times.

I noticed that too.

I saw only the end of the game and kept asking myself who the home team was.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I just can't stand that they want to charge $12 for a beer. Holy smokes, if it came to that in everyday life I would give up drinking altogether.

So when I'm at a sporting event that I paid a bunch of money on tickets and to park, but I'm getting into the game and enjoying myself regardless and maybe I do start to get a taste for a beer but for that amount of money I just grow irritated at it. But what's worse than that is the people who get/remain drunk on that overpriced beer. Not so much for the foolish act of throwing away money like that, but the fact that it erased whatever brain cells were once functioning in their skulls.

Which brings me to my worst pet peeve common to all sporting events which is this. The drunken idiot who constantly heckles and jeers at their favorite player to hate throughout the game as if it's some new cute fashionable thing to be miserable and whiny throughout the game. Now I'm not new to this, but when they berate a player for a play that they weren't even on the field/ice for it just really grates my nerves.

Of course going home can be tough too if you're not hitting your favorite bar after the game, which is wrong in it's own way. But I will say this ... going to the game you at least get to see a lot of the stuff that the cameras don't show. So in a way you can pick up quite a bit more.

fancents86

Starter
I gotta agree about the staying home part, or going to your local bar. The way they televise games now makes live games seem lack luster almost. You can get a better view at home with with some brews, or go tocyour local bar and watch every game while having some brews and talking shyt to your division rival fans.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Yeah, Shane likes to spam tweets about attendance problems. Anyone know how the 58,442 compares to other teams' attendance this week? The best I could find is that it's slightly above our average for the year. http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
Yeah I also forgot the sports bar take. I go to sports bar 3-4 games a year and talk smack.

Imagine this in 15-20 years stadium may shrink to 20,000 and 90% of money comes from TV revenue.