Atlanta loss (very slight) silver lining

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
With the Rams now picking 23rd and lacking a 2nd round pick, I think there is a really strong possibility that they move back and add an additional pick. In the right situation they could stay in the first round and still land a late 2nd round choice.

Watching some of the behind the scenes stuff from last year it seems pretty obvious they are going to try to recoup some of that draft capital. I'm sure they'll have some players at the top of their board that would keep them from moving back if they fell, but otherwise it makes a lot of sense with the talent level clustered in the 20-45 range.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A nice scenario would be if we could trade Barron & a later round pick to Greg Williams & Cleveland for one of their three 2'nd round picks. Barron could move back to a starting WLB role. jmo.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
A nice scenario would be if we could trade Barron & a later round pick to Greg Williams & Cleveland for one of their three 2'nd round picks. Barron could move back to a starting WLB role. jmo.
This is what I would prefer.....IF they don't cut them before Free Agency then later where Snead can utilize the possible value of a Mark Barron or a Tavon Austin or a Rob Quinn ...none of which are fits in our present offense or defense. You might not get any draft selections for them due to their salaries but you sure can help your trade argument when you are looking for a way to utilize them as a way to move up to get your preferred prospect like a 34 edge rusher or NT or LT or CB or ISLB'er that fits your team.

Barron does have good merit for a 43 D team like Cleveland @ WSLB'er who has a Gregg Williams as DC. Rob Quinn has serious value to a 43 D who is need of a pass rusher @ RDE like Carolina & TA is always a need for a boring offensive team who need some zip & gadgetry options like the Titans or Giants. Get what we can for these 3 & put their massive cap hits back in the Ram bank so you can get your contract done on Donald, Joyner, NR-C, Sullivan, Cody Davis & extend Saffold too.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
This is what I would prefer.....IF they don't cut them before Free Agency then later where Snead can utilize the possible value of a Mark Barron or a Tavon Austin or a Rob Quinn ...none of which are fits in our present offense or defense. You might not get any draft selections for them due to their salaries but you sure can help your trade argument when you are looking for a way to utilize them as a way to move up to get your preferred prospect like a 34 edge rusher or NT or LT or CB or ISLB'er that fits your team.

Barron does have good merit for a 43 D team like Cleveland @ WSLB'er who has a Gregg Williams as DC. Rob Quinn has serious value to a 43 D who is need of a pass rusher @ RDE like Carolina & TA is always a need for a boring offensive team who need some zip & gadgetry options like the Titans or Giants. Get what we can for these 3 & put their massive cap hits back in the Ram bank so you can get your contract done on Donald, Joyner, NR-C, Sullivan, Cody Davis & extend Saffold too.

OK, i'll propose a trade :

Danny Shelton & the middle 2'nd round pick of Cleveland for

Quinn, Barron, Austin & our middle 6'th round pick

:shocked:

:whistle:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
OK, i'll propose a trade :

Danny Shelton & the middle 2'nd round pick of Cleveland for

Quinn, Barron, Austin & our middle 6'th round pick

:shocked:

:whistle:
I would do it in a half second but I am sure this trade would be highly doubtful.I would prefer to go with a more realistic solution to the current weakness in our DL.

#1).Rams still have 4th season veteran Ethan Westbrook 6-4/283 lb returning for the 2018 season. EW 2017 performance was good enough to permit the Rams to win 11 gms. EW would be more of a pass rushing NT than run stuffer. It does let us into Wade's desires in a NT skills & Talents. It was EW first season as an assigned starter where he started 9 gms @ NT. In the 2016 season ET was our best pass rusher @ DE. I would guess that when we see EW later this year he will have some additional girth & muscle to improve his play @ NT. I would not close the book on EW just yet @ NT. The same excuse thrown out for Sammy Watkins to return could be used on EW who did not get any reps @ NT in OTA's/TC or Pre seaon......;)

#2).Then Wade will have a large sized 6-2 315/320 lb Omarius Bryant to compete in TC of 2018. We saw a ton of OB in pre season & he did well for a UDFA rookie. OB was originally a pass rushing DE out of Western KY. OB grew into a full size man mountain. He remained on the Rams Practice Squad all season & I would look to see him improve in his 2nd season in Training Camp.

#3).Rams could easily resign the 28 yr old 6 season veteran Tyrunn Walker another very large NT. TW was originally signed thru 2018 but a run in with LEO's caused a change. TW would not cost much more than his low econo priced 2017 season. IMO that's a good deal that all NFL teams need to off set the high $$$ cap costs for the TA's, Barron's & Quinn's...you have to have players like TW. Resign him ASAP.

#4). Then utilize the 2018 Draft to select their future NT prospect.
http://www.drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Nose-Tackles-2018-Draft.asp

This suggested plan would provide the Rams FOUR good NT prospects for the 2018 season.Two vets & 2 youthful youngins to fight it out for the final two 53 master roster positions. I know its not a sparkling flashy excitable plan but it is :sleep: sound & fits the Rams Salary Cap Budget that most fans discard from any plans. :bueller:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would do it in a half second but I am sure this trade would be highly doubtful.I would prefer to go with a more realistic solution to the current weakness in our DL.

That trade wasn't meant to be taken seriously, thought I conveyed that with the emoji's, just that it could resolve all our high priced and suspect players that many wish to step away from in one abrupt move, all while gaining a NT & high draft pick. Trades of multiple players are quite rare, so no, it wasn't meant to appear realistic, only for fun.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That trade wasn't meant to be taken seriously, thought I conveyed that with the emoji's, just that it could resolve all our high priced and suspect players that many wish to step away from in one abrupt move, all while gaining a NT & high draft pick. Trades of multiple players are quite rare, so no, it wasn't meant to appear realistic, only for fun.
I like fun(y) even @ my age!

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil

Those type of trades are rare, but Cleveland did not win a game last season, have 5 picks among the first 63. Bringing in 3 vets in Barron, Quinn & Tavon for say the 3rd rounder, pick 65 may not be a bad idea for them. Rams save some cap space, get a pick at the top of round 3 would be good value.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Those type of trades are rare, but Cleveland did not win a game last season, have 5 picks among the first 63. Bringing in 3 vets in Barron, Quinn & Tavon for say the 3rd rounder, pick 65 may not be a bad idea for them. Rams save some cap space, get a pick at the top of round 3 would be good value.
Mark Barron & Rob Quinn do offer up value to a Brown team. Fact is the DC is very aware of both of these veterans & the value they still might have to a true 43 defense. Browns DL is talented but young plus the Brown have had issues with the opposite DE post from DE Myles Garrett where younster Emmanuel Ogbah has been in Fail mode.Browns are also not strong @ the WSLB'er post & Barron would look good with Jamie Collins on the edges of the LB'ing unit.

While the Rams may not land draft picks for Quinn & Barron they could be used as a way fro the Rams to move up & trade selections with the Browns who own many picks & the are ultra high rounds pick to boot. First selection in each round.