Atl focused on Clowney

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Numerous league sources" tell CBS' Jason La Canfora the Falcons "remain very focused" on Jadeveon Clowney.
Both La Canfora and ESPN's Ed Werder reported earlier Thursday that the Falcons represented the Texans' best shot of trading out of the No. 1 spot. Thomas Dimitroff is perhaps the most aggressive general manager in the league, so it's entirely plausible that he has his eye on the draft's most-talented player, especially considering how limp the Falcons' pass rush was in 2013.
Source: CBSSports.com

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jadeveon Clowney - DL - Player
ESPN's Ed Werder stated on NFL Insiders Thursday that the Texans hope to trade down from No. 1 overall, and the Falcons are their "most likely partner."
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora chimed in on Twitter, reporting "there are no shortage of execs" around the NFL who believe the Texans' "best odds" of moving down is "with Atlanta to get (Jadeveon) Clowney." Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is working with 10 draft picks, including six selections in the top 150, and has a history of trading up. Where there is smoke there is often fire. And the smoke is thickening on the Falcons-Texans trade possibility.
Related: Falcons, Texans
Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If this trade were to happen i think the Rams draft Watkins if they can't get a good deal in a trade down, then see who's there at #13.

I'm still not completely sold on the idea that Atlanta needs to trade up from #6. Seems like an unnecessary move.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If this trade were to happen i think the Rams draft Watkins if they can't get a good deal in a trade down, then see who's there at #13.

I'm still not completely sold on the idea that Atlanta needs to trade up from #6. Seems like an unnecessary move.

If they want Clowney, they will need to move up. But they could still get a top player at 6 if they dont move up.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If they want Clowney, they will need to move up. But they could still get a top player at 6 if they dont move up.

Yeah. Houston is either taking Clowney or trading the pick.

If Atlanta trades up to #1, and the Rams are stuck at #2, I can easily see them taking Watkins.

FRO

Legend
I think it will happen, which in turn hurts our trade down hopes. Which isn't the worst thing, because there is some nice players to be had at 2.

scifiman

The problem is the texans may think the pick is worth more than it is and that is why nothing has been done yet. Maybe they think they should get something like what the rams got for rg3. Not going to happen. Clowney is not worth what the texans are probably asking. I would actually not draft him for the rams because he is over hyped. He may be good but not to give up the farm for in a trade.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Right. IMO it would be foolish to give up picks when you can get an impact pass rusher or OT by just by staying at #6. If they needed a QB or WR it would make more sense.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Report: Falcons not interested in trading up to No. 1 for Clowney
Posted by Mike Florio on May 1, 2014

b63ce701735e0e3f3a1aa4a81acaa0bb-e1393203599137.jpeg
Getty Images

The Texans have identified the player they’d like to take at the top of the draft, and G.M. Rick Smith said Thursday that the team may trade down to get him.

That disclosure reinforces the idea that the Texans aren’t targeting defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, and that the Texans would trade down with a team that wants to spring up for Clowney.

According to SportsRadio 610 in Houston, the team that intends to trade up to No. 1 isn’t the Atlanta Falcons.

Not long ago, the Falcons were doing little to hide their interest in Clowney. And speculation had been mounting that the Falcons would trade up to No. 1 to get Clowney.

For the Texans, the more feasible approach would be to take Clowney at No. 1, wait for a trade partner to take the guy the Texans really want (e.g., Johnny Manziel), and then pull an Eli Manning/Philip Rivers trade, 10 years later.

By getting the word out that the Falcons don’t want Clowney, the Texans and the Falcons could be throwing dirt on the notion that the Texans will take Clowney and then trade him to the Falcons, if the Falcons can get Manziel. Absent that message, the Falcons could be susceptible to being leapfrogged by a team that wants Manziel. Which would keep the Falcons from getting Clowney, and the Texans from getting Manziel.

So, basically, it still remains impossible to know what to believe at this point.