At what price do you (Rams) keep Sam Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am assuming that the Rams want to keep Sam Bradford but I am also assuming (Could be totally wrong!) that the Rams won't keep him at his current salary. So, if you had to make the decision how much would you offer him (restructure) to remain a Ram?

Personally, I hope the Rams and Bradford can work out a restructure deal and I hope the Rams can get a couple good backups (FA and/or Draft Pick) in case he doesn't make it through the season.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im fine with playing out the last year of his contract, if he plays well resign him if not let him walk.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I've been on record as saying that there's no way we pay Sam for his last contract year at the currently scheduled rate, but I'm starting to waver a bit on that due to the dearth of available QB talent this year.

The FA list is so poor that some people are seriously talking about bringing in Dogkiller again. Then in the draft, we're not getting Mariota or Winston (the latter is a good thing) without giving up a king's ransom, which we just learned was a terrible idea. Then after those two, people aren't high on what's left.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Im fine with playing out the last year of his contract, if he plays well resign him if not let him walk.
It's pretty easy for me to be fine with it because I'm not actually paying him anything. Not really sure how it'll impact the salary cap but it's my impression that the Rams have the room to deal with it. So, if they can "afford" it and if the QB market is as bleak as it seems, then I think this is the best course of action all around.

Yes, it's expensive for one year and it's risky for the Rams. But all things considered, it's a cost/risk that they should take. I don't think it's in the team's best interest to extend Bradford's contract but I don't see any viable alternatives that would warrant cutting ties with Bradford before giving him one last chance to stay healthy.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Sam Bradford was really starting to prove himself as being a capable QB in the redzone last year. Sam's ability to get 6, sets him apart from Hill and Davis.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
With the cap going up... just over 13 mil.

Why fans think he owes us is interesting. Letting him play out his contract isn't so bad. He's a UFA after next year. Make a decision late next season on whether to extend him.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
With the cap going up... just over 13 mil.

Why fans think he owes us is interesting. Letting him play out his contract isn't so bad. He's a UFA after next year. Make a decision late next season on whether to extend him.
I'm still pulling for Sam. They have gotta get a talented arm in addition to his though. Hopefully Bradford kicks the type of ass that we don't think to ourselves, it would be nice to have Aaron Rodgers. If that's the case, hopefully the work out a contract and don't need to Franchise tag him. This is the first time in a long time that the Rams have guys that are worthy of the FRANCHISE TAG. Anyone know the last time the tag was used? I want to say it was probably Atogwe.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After last night's game, I'd be looking to spend every available dollar on the o-line, and not invest 16-21 mill in cap space on QB
Have to cut him and let the chips fall where they may

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Pay him less and free up some cash for OL improvement. The Rams need to protect him more than ever if he's going to be the QB.

If we're re-writing Sam's contract can we take out the clause that requires him to be shown on TV standing on the sideline in his street clothes every single game? It got boring about 15 games ago.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If you could get him on a 2 year/ 20M deal that might make sense. Bradford has seen what is going on and I bet he wants to make it work here. IMO we are a QB and a couple of olineman away from having a decent offense. Lock in Sam for 2 years because there really is no other options in FA right now. Draft a AJ Cann and get a FA like Dan Connolly, Rob Sims, Clint Bolig type and you might have something .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you could get him on a 2 year/ 20M deal that might make sense. Bradford has seen what is going on and I bet he wants to make it work here. IMO we are a QB and a couple of olineman away from having a decent offense. Lock in Sam for 2 years because there really is no other options in FA right now. Draft a AJ Cann and get a FA like Dan Connolly, Rob Sims, Clint Bolig type and you might have something .
So you're saying cut him and re-sign him? How much of that 20 mill is guranteed?

A55VA6

Legend
Bradford is due $13 million in salary and will count for $16 million against the salary cap. For a guy that hasn't played in 2 years, and uncertainty that he'll be healthy - they gotta shave it down a few million at least.

I miss Bradford... I wish he'd stay healthy.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Unless some better QB falls into the Rams huddle just pay the man, hope he stays on the field and work on a extension.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Extend his deal a year and move around the money so he gets $8-10 million in each of the two years rather than $13 million in one.

If we don't want to extend him because we don't trust him, I leave his deal as is.

So you're saying cut him and re-sign him? How much of that 20 mill is guranteed?

I think he's saying extend him but move the money around so the cap hit is spread.

I think that's the best chance we have at lowering his cap number.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd pay him ACL X 2 type money.
Sam doesn't have any leverage here(or anywhere else). I'll keep harping on it until i'm proved wrong.