At least the Roster is better

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It seems that many Rams fans have gotten used to the roster being so bad that they craved signing all of these free agents to improve the team.

I always looked at teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh with envy. They don't sign many FAs other than their own because they don't need too. They build through the draft and retain their homegrown talent when it is worth it. Both of those organizations have longterm stability.

Now the Rams finally seem to be getting closer to being that sort of team. Let the other teams over spend. I am happy that the Rams finally are showing some sort of stability and don't need to be grasping at free agent straws every year. I hope this trend continues in the future.

Now if the Rams are on the brink like Denver is, then maybe it is good to pick up a top player or two to get you over the hump. But otherwise they need to stick to the rebuilding plan.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It seems that many Rams fans have gotten used to the roster being so bad that they craved signing all of these free agents to improve the team.

I always looked at teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh with envy. They don't sign many FAs other than their own because they don't need too. They build through the draft and retain their homegrown talent when it is worth it. Both of those organizations have longterm stability.

Now the Rams finally seem to be getting closer to being that sort of team. Let the other teams over spend. I am happy that the Rams finally are showing some sort of stability and don't need to be grasping at free agent straws every year. I hope this trend continues in the future.

Now if the Rams are on the brink like Denver is, then maybe it is good to pick up a top player or two to get you over the hump. But otherwise they need to stick to the rebuilding plan.

This is a great point, I was thinking the same thing. Look at NE also, they very rarely make a splash FA move they trust their system and draft well

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Excellent post! This FO is neither cheap nor stupid. As much as I enjoy "the big signing" and the rush of thinking that this one player will finally get us over the top, the reality is that the Rams are in a rebuilding mode. It wasn't that long ago that we had one of the worst rosters in the NFL. The key element is to be able to coach up the players we draft and have the right system in place for them in order to succeed on both sides of the ball. All hail Snisher!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I see your point, and I agree. But still sucks. So far we have way more holes than when FA started. No starting FS, LG, RG, OLB, Nickle CB. Also no guard depth or tackle depth. Not hardly any cb depth as well. I am sure they have a plan for everything, just sucks being a bystander. I know they will add a few players in the next few days or so probably. Draft cant get here soon enough.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
All true Tron but slow and steady wins the race. I remember being totally jazzed by the signings of Finnegan and Long. Now not so much. Jared Cook is someone I'm still on the fence about. How many big name players have the Rams signed in FA over the years that have been well worth the money? Back to the coaching - I believe that we have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL, a great tandem of defensive coaches in Fisher and Williams. Schottenheimer might work out after all since we seem to have changed to a ground and pound system. There's some hope for the future.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I tell you what...something that everyones favorite pal (captain red font) posted on the PD site was a pretty good point.

In 2012 the Rams offensive line situation looked a lot worse than it does going into this season...and Boudreau was able to pice together some players and make a unit that played well together when healthy.

Now, the key here would be to get some players pieced together that will play well together and stay healthy.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All true Tron but slow and steady wins the race. I remember being totally jazzed by the signings of Finnegan and Long. Now not so much. Jared Cook is someone I'm still on the fence about. How many big name players have the Rams signed in FA over the years that have been well worth the money? Back to the coaching - I believe that we have one of the best OL coaches in the NFL, a great tandem of defensive coaches in Fisher and Williams. Schottenheimer might work out after all since we seem to have changed to a ground and pound system. There's some hope for the future.

Yea, Finny and Cook didn't really live up to the billing. Still think Long was a good signing and think he will be ready on opening day, just hope he can stay healthy(crosses fingers).

nighttrain

Legend

I think many of us forget at times just how bad this team roster was when Fisher/Snead took over, immediately they cut 33 players, more than 2/3 never have played again. THATS A TERRIBLY TOUGH WAY TO START OUT!
train