Asterisk for Cheating Pats; Sign Petition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
now this I can get behind!

petition link: http://footballcheaters.com (sign by clicking link @ #2)

Click on link to sign: http://footballcheaters.com
For some NFL fans, the Patriots will always be known as the team that only won because they cheated.

THE LATEST FROM SPORTSLINE
How likely is an undefeated NFL team?
First, there was Spygate, then Deflategate -- and former Rams running back Marshall Faulk is still convinced that New England filmed a St. Louis walkthrough practice before the Patriots upset the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.

NFL fan Jim Purucker has decided that he wants to make sure that no one ever forgets that the Patriots are cheaters, so he has decided he wants to petition the NFL to put an asterisk next to each of their four titles in the NFL record book.

"What we'd like to do is have a nationwide, grassroots petition effort that petitions the NFL to put an asterisk in the record book," Purucker told WISH-TV in Indianapolis. "I don't think this thing ought to go away and 10 years from now when people look at the record book and see this fantastic set of accomplishments that the Patriots have amassed, I think there ought to be an asterisk next to it."

Purucker has set up a website as part of his "Asterisk Project." The plan is to get 10 million people to sign a petition calling for the asterisks. Purucker thinks if he can get that many people to sign that the NFL might consider it.

Not surprisingly, Purucker's website is called FootballCheaters.com.

Here's a description of the project from the website:

How many times did your mother tell you growing up, "cheaters never prosper?" Apparently and thankfully none of our mothers ever knew Bill Belichick, Tom Brady or Bob Kraft.

We need your help so the NFL hears from their fans that we don't want the Patriots cheating ways to fade away like Tom Brady's punishment for deflategate did. This campaign aims to go to NFL cities throughout the country the rest of the season to raise awareness and collect signatures. The campaign needs your help three ways. 1. Contribute a few bucks 2. Sign the petition 3. Share campaign with your friends and family.

The Asterisk Project is a national grassroots campaign with a goal having ten million people sign a petition urging the NFL and Commissioner Goodell to place an asterisk in the record book next to all the Patriot victories, accomplishments and records achieved during the Brady/Bellichick/Kraft era noting they happened in an era when the team was known to have cheated on multiple occasions in different ways.

At least a few people are taking Purucker's campaign seriously because the project has already raised almost $2,000 on the Football Cheaters GoFundMe page. Notice the deflated football.

Even if Purucker somehow gets 10 million signatures, there's about a zero percent chance that Roger Goodell would put an asterisk next to any of the Patriots' Super Bowl wins.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The last line sums it up neatly, even if the guy gets every person in the world to sign it twice I doubt the NFL will even give a fraction of a shit.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What? I already had an asterisk next to their wins.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
I'm so sick of this nonsense. The Pats are good, get over it. The entire Deflategate case was based on speculation and very little actual evidence. Goodell set up a BS investigation and broke several rules in the process. Oh and 3 out of the 4 balls tested from the Colts were also under the limit. Let this drama go.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm so sick of this nonsense. The Pats are good, get over it. The entire Deflategate case was based on speculation and very little actual evidence. Goodell set up a BS investigation and broke several rules in the process. Oh and 3 out of the 4 balls tested from the Colts were also under the limit. Let this drama go.

You're a Georgia fan. I doubt that you saw the Cheatriots tape the Rams walkthroughs. Remember that?

They're cheating shitbags. Get over it.

rams2050

Starter
I'm going to sign it, tweet it, and get all of my friends and relatives to sign it, too.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Sure. As if.

Roger decided fifteen years ago to own that mess...* included.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Every time I watch the cheatriots play, I always have to wonder when their offense runs successful plays. Did they know what the defense was going to do ahead of time because they cheated? As long as Belicheat is part of that organization I will always question their success. I believe Brady is part of that culture of cheating. Its they old "If you ain't cheating you ain't trying" mentality. And I have a feeling I'm not alone.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

They're the best CHEATORS I know of.
Give me a break apologist.

Don't you have something better to do than apologize for a sleazebag organization?

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I'm with you, tired of hearing about it. Sure we know they cheated but what can we do? I wish justice would be served but it won't and deflate gate is a joke of what they more than likely did to us. Time to get over it and look to greener pastures.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
200.gif

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
YES, absolutely. They don't get the benefit of doubt, ever.