Assuming their coaches get canned

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Which team would you take over if you were qualified of being a HC?

Eagles:
Pros: Really good WRs, probably the best speed back in NFL, veteran D, owner that wants to win.
Cons: Said veteran D really struggling, OL hurt and aging, unsettled @ QB, pressure from Philly media/fans.

Cardinals:
Pros: Top 3 WR, really good D & ST.
Cons: Owner?, probably worst OL in NFL, unsettled @ QB, RBs = meh, tough division. :tooth:

Chargers:
Pros: Underrated QB & WRs, one of best TEs past decade, D has some young parts hitting their primes.
Cons: OL issues, aging in other areas of D, GM/owner issues, fan support?

Bills:
Pros: Good OL, WRs, awesome RBs, DL has potentail to be great, D has some parts.
Cons: Erratic QB, DL and team as whole underachievers, D needs more, owner??

Browns:
Pros: Fighting team, solid QB, beast of a RB, solid D, good OL, fan support.
Cons: Tough division, need more @ WR/TE, being associated with the Browns...

Lions:
Pros: Top QB, WR, fan support, good GM, good DL.
Cons: Tough division, RBs = meh, best players careless both on and off field, secondary isn't up to par, some DL getting older.

Panthers:
Pros: Have competed in every game this season.
Cons: Questionable QB, tons of $$$ in the RBs who are underacheiving, D ain't that good.

Chiefs:
Pros: Beast RB, good WR, D has potential, fan support, plays good teams very well and close.
Cons: Needs QB, not that good against other bad teams, in a division w/ Peyton Manning.

Raiders:
Pros: Fan support, can put up some points, D has potential.
Cons: QB erractic, owner is???, McFadden always hurt, no draft picks to work with.

Wow that's a lot of teams that could be getting new coaches.

I'd take the Browns gig. I really think that team is getting close. Then after Bills, Chiefs, Cardinals.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'd take over in San Diego. Because, really, who wouldn't want to live in San Diego?

Plus I'd scrap that entire program and start over.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Chargers. They have pieces in place, and a good QB. Also it's San Diego, and they might move to LA. Farmers Field is going to be nice.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Probably the Cardinals. The fact they are competitive with the QBs and Oline they have really speaks to the core of players they have.

They'll have a high enough pick to grab a top QB, if not the top, and pick up some Oline prospects in the middle rounds. Maybe sign a vet RB.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Eagles, and it's not even close. With the offensive weapons they have (Desean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Lesean McCoy, Brett Celek, Bryce Brown, Damaris Johnson, Stanley Havili, Alex Henery), a great offensive line when healthy, and some intriguing pieces on defense (Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks, Brandon Boykin, Demeco Ryans, and Vinny Curry), they have something there. All they need is a good draft this year, and they could be back on top in a weak division.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Bills.

What they need is a strong DC to get their players up to potential. With those RBs, and a steady QB to game manage the O, they could compete for the playoffs next year. Fitzpatrick might not be the long term answer, but with a steadier hand than Gailey he can be a stop-gap.

Angry ... you left off the Jets. Not that anyone wants to go there.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I would probably take the Lions. If I'm a coach like say Fisher who can seem to keep players out of trouble and focus on football, then you could turn around that team quick. It has the best WR in the game, a very good QB, and a defense that could be very good. It needs some help on the O-line, RB and secondary, but those holes could be filled. It is a tough division, but you have some horses on that team. I think I'd take that team over all of the others.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
Bills.

What they need is a strong DC to get their players up to potential. With those RBs, and a steady QB to game manage the O, they could compete for the playoffs next year. Fitzpatrick might not be the long term answer, but with a steadier hand than Gailey he can be a stop-gap.

Angry ... you left off the Jets. Not that anyone wants to go there.

Oh yeah...lol. Except I don't think the Jets job would be so bad after Ryan. I'd assume Sanchez and Tebow would be outta there.

Jets:
Pros: Rock solid D, best CB in league, good front 7, awesome OL, decent RBs, Stephen Hill has potential.
Cons: NY media, needs a QB, WR, better @ pass rush.

Honestly it wouldn't be so bad IMO. A lot of it is Rex Ryan's mouth along w/ Sanchez's play and the Tebow presence. Get rid of those = good to go.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd tangle with the Brownies. There's a lot of tradition there and the fans still show up, they're just dying for a strong HC to come in and crack the whip and get shit on track. I like Weeden, T-Rich and Josh Gordon. There's some pretty good players on the OL. If I were calling the shots, I'd draft the best available DL this draft, a TE in the 2nd round and start looking at some athletes to play on either side of D'Qwell Jackson.

That team is under the radar, but much like the Rams, there's a nice core that just needs strong direction. Shurmer ain't it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Well, looks like Norv Turner and AJ Smith are both gone from San Diego at the end of the year.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
bluecoconuts said:
Well, looks like Norv Turner and AJ Smith are both gone from San Diego at the end of the year.
That changes my priorities some. AJ Smith was a good reason to avoid the Chargers (if he couldn't get along with a HC who took his team to a 14-2 record ...), but if he's gone that makes them a lot more appealing. Spanos, on the other hand, has always had trouble getting his FO personnel right.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ram Quixote said:
bluecoconuts said:
That changes my priorities some. AJ Smith was a good reason to avoid the Chargers (if he couldn't get along with a HC who took his team to a 14-2 record ...), but if he's gone that makes them a lot more appealing. Spanos, on the other hand, has always had trouble getting his FO personnel right.
Also, Spanos is wanting his son to be the "right hand man" of the GM. I'm sure the owner's son is a great talent evaluator and totally deserves such a position. This reeks of Jerruh being the GM of the Cowboys. It seems ripe to fail.

The thing is San Diego does have some talent over there, but I wouldn't want a job where I would have to trust the talent evaluation of the son's owner. What happens if you don't? What happens if you decide not to draft/sign the player that the owner's son wanted? I'm sure it will help you keep your job by taking the player, but if he's crap you'll get fired for having a crappy team with crappy players...Nope, not worth the trouble