Article: Two of The Best GM Candidates for The Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But again, is that Snead's call? On defense they have drafted NFL ready players. The athletes emphasis was primarily on offense.

I'd say they have employed the same philosophy on both sides of the ball. Difference is that the defensive coaches have developed the players we drafted, while the offensive coaches have not.(examples: Maurice Alexander, Trumaine Johnson, Michael Brockers, Rodney McLeod, and Alec Ogletree were all considered to be more on the raw athlete side of the equation)

How different would our OL look if we had an OL Coach that is as good at his job as Waufle is at his?

Lesson

Oh, really?
I wouldn't want Pioli as a GM. Chiefs fans and KC media absolutely hated him. They flew banners during home games saying Fire Pioli.

There's also the fact he became paranoid regarding a candy wrapper being present in the Chiefs' office: http://www.kansascity.com/news/spec...ty-Turnover-off-the-field-causes-concern.html

The HC he fired, Haley, had an open fall out with Pioli and thought his phone was being bugged.

Cassel proved to be a failure.

I wouldn't want a guy like Pioli to be calling shots.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd say they have employed the same philosophy on both sides of the ball. Difference is that the defensive coaches have developed the players we drafted, while the offensive coaches have not.(examples: Maurice Alexander, Trumaine Johnson, Michael Brockers, Rodney McLeod, and Alec Ogletree were all considered to be more on the raw athlete side of the equation)

How different would our OL look if we had an OL Coach that is as good at his job as Waufle is at his?

Well, irrespective of the philosophy employed, we agree that the coaching and development has been noticeably better on D than on O - and that falls in the coaching staff, not the GM.

I would add that it's not just Coach about. Boras has implemented a terrible scheme that makes just about everybody look worse.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A GM in name only. He reported to Fisher. What is your point? We have more talent than the Whiners. They beat us with off the street free agents.

If the talent was truly they would win more. He had opportunities to make selections and not posting all were bad, however, IMO Rams need a clean slate, Snead also was involved in pro player personnel as well and that area (free agency) the Rams have failed miserably.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
But again, is that Snead's call? On defense they have drafted NFL ready players. The athletes emphasis was primarily on offense.

I think the Athletes emphasis was definitely on both sides of the ball. Tru was raw, JJ was raw, Ogletree was a bit raw, they all had great athleticism. Then guys like Mo and TJ were great athletes as well. Fisher and Snead stressed athleticism on both sides of the ball. It is no coincidence that the Rams have great special teams too. They have athletes all through the roster including ST. Hekker is a good athlete.

There is some merit to it because it works, especially on D and special teams. However, offense is about scheme and precision execution. It isn't about just being quick and strong and reacting. Players need football smarts to play offense. Think of the Patriots offense and what types they like. Mostly they are football smart guys like Amendola, not necessarily combine toppers.

FRO

Legend
This off the Herd Board, no link because it was on the Radio.

Bill Plaschke on 750 AM: Sneads a Goner

He just said that they've kept Snead to "do paperwork and stuff, but he is gone on Sunday night".....says he talks to Demoff frequently and Demoff will choose the new coach.
Demoff should be removed from power as well. Why is he picking the coach again?

FRO

Legend
I don't understand why Snead gets all the credit for all the defensive players picked while Fisher gets all the blame for the offensive players picked. I feel that you either give one all the credit and blame or give both the credit and blame. I believe both are responsible for 5 losing seasons and both should go. They had a ton of cap space and premium draft picks to build a very good football team and this team is not good at all. Move on.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't want Pioli as a GM. Chiefs fans and KC media absolutely hated him. They flew banners during home games saying Fire Pioli.

There's also the fact he became paranoid regarding a candy wrapper being present in the Chiefs' office: http://www.kansascity.com/news/spec...ty-Turnover-off-the-field-causes-concern.html

The HC he fired, Haley, had an open fall out with Pioli and thought his phone was being bugged.

Cassel proved to be a failure.

I wouldn't want a guy like Pioli to be calling shots.

Pioli sounds like Napoleon...err I mean Steve Spagnuolo.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He's COO and Executive Vice President of Football Operations, he's making the decisions, but I'm sure ESK has to concur with his assessment.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because the two options are:
1. Demoff picks the GM who picks the HC
or
2. Demoff picks the HC who picks the GM

Our chances of landing a top candidate improve with Option #2.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing that a team can draft the DROY and OROY in back to back years and still fire the HC and possibly the GM

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Totally forgot about that story reminds me of the story that when George Allen came back to the Rams in 1978, he asked QB Pat Haden to pick up a wrapper off the field and Haden thought Allen was a nut....Allen ended up be fired after two preseason games and replaced by Ray Malavasi.

FRO

Legend
or

I don't think Demoff should be picking either. I feel Kroenke needs a new COO that picks both the GM and HC. I think Demoff is part of the problem.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
or

Funny people said that when they hired Fisher, but I do recall Fisher being okay with Snead, but not part of the hiring process. In fact, Rams lost out on a couple of guys they interveiwed back then because of the structure....One person that comes to mind is George Paton (easy to remember) and it is with one T...Rams offered Paton the job first, but he received a better contract with the Vikings and decided to stay as the number two man to Rick Spielman in Minnesota.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I just don't think his job should be safe either.

But it is, now they could hire someone else to be President of Football Operations, but again Demoff like ESK will be part of the process.