Article: Terrelle Pryor 'anxious' about free agency, but Browns aren't/Signs with Skins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-...or-anxious-about-free-agency-but-browns-arent

Terrelle Pryor inches closer to free agency today when the noon deadline arrives that will allow Pryor's agents to check his value.

For two days, Drew Rosenhaus will be able to communicate with teams to see what Pryor might command on the market, with deals allowed to be signed at 4 p.m. on Thursday.

This may cause nervousness from fans who do not want Pryor to leave, but the Cleveland Browns do not seem overly concerned. If they gave off any worry or inkling of panic at the notion that Pryor may leave when they spoke of him at the combine, it was well hidden.

March 6, 2017

The fact that the Browns and Pryor did not work out a deal before now indicates that either the team's offer was low or the player's demands were high. The Jamie Collins contract would indicate the Browns aren't keeping their money in a pillow; Collins was paid fairly and generously when he signed a contract extension last month. The Browns' willingness to let Pryor check the market also indicates they feel their offer was fair and if he doesn't think so, he should check his value.

There is a lot of money on the market and some average-to-good players will become rich, but whether receivers get that money remains to be seen. There are two schools of thought: Some think Pryor earned a big deal with the way he played in his one season as a receiver; others think Pryor may be disappointed with the money he'll be offered.

It takes only one team to make Pryor's choice the right one, but if no team does that, Pryor may come back to the Browns asking about that deal they had on the table.

The Browns act like they believe Pryor will find out that the money isn't what he expects it to be, and if so, they will take him back.

"It’s free agency, so they get to make a choice and a decision too," coach Hue Jackson said. "Hopefully, he’ll make the right one and stay here with us."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Get on that phone and start wowin him Les..!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have to admit; I am intrigued by Pryor.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to admit; I am intrigued by Pryor.

He does worry me a little, in that he's still not a polished product. But he's got that size and length, good hands, comes back to the QB (gotta think playin it helped him there) on busted plays, and he's young. There's some risk but I'd rather err on that side than too old, or injured too much, or a diva, etc.

Long as they get a OG and WR in this FA period I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'd pay the kid.
He is a star. He could be a superstar in LA.

Can you imagine how good he will be with more seasoning?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I been advocating for Pryor if the money is right bring him in. To me he is the only sure thing as a number 1 receiver in FA. Until Alston can prove that he can be a number one and don't have to rely on another superstar I value Pryor more

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd take Pryor, Stills, or Garcon....D-jax probably wants too much.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think McVay could make him a special player. I'd give him a look, and wouldn't be upset if we landed him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The fact that the Browns and Pryor did not work out a deal before now indicates that either the team's offer was low or the player's demands were high.

The Browns' willingness to let Pryor check the market also indicates they feel their offer was fair and if he doesn't think so, he should check his value.

I disagree with the writer here. If he wants to stay in CLE, and I admit it's rare for a player to not chase the $$$, they are smart to let him get offers and bring them back to beat them. Nothing has been mentioned about what the Browns offered or what he asked for so this is as likely an option in this particular situation as anything else.

He is going to be an excellent WR. Great athlete and he is obviously a very fast learner. I'd love to see him on the Rams but something tells me he's staying with the Browns.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
There are very few dual threat players left in this league and they can be huge if your coach is creative enough.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd take Pryor, Stills, or Garcon....D-jax probably wants too much.

Looks like Garcon, who many thought would be relatively cheap, is going to pull in $16M his first year the way the contract is structured. Not sure if that will be similar on the cap hit side, but wouldn't surprise me that the 9ers did that in order to eliminate other suitors like us.

This goes back to what I was saying before, that you might as well chase the guy who is in his prime, the expensive option. At least that way you are getting a guy who deserves top money.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/10/terrelle-pryor-lands-in-washington/

Terrelle Pryor lands in Washington
Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2017

626139968-e1489179855605.jpg
Getty Images

Receiver Terrelle Pryor apparently could have had a multi-year deal worth $8 million annually in Cleveland. He has opted for a deal worth that amount in Washington, plus a chance to hit the market again next year.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Pryor has agreed to a one-year contract in Washington. The deal has a $3 million signing bonus, a $3 million base salary, and readily achievable incentives of $2 million.

The short-term nature of the contract gives him a year to further prove himself as a receiver, with a chance to cash in next March. Or sooner, if Washington decides to extend the stay.

He instantly becomes one of the top receivers in D.C., given the departures of Pierre Garςon and DeSean Jackson — both of whom had more than 1,000 yards receiving in 2016. With Kirk Cousins apparently returning for 2017, and with Pryor getting 1,000 yards with lesser quarterback play in Cleveland, he could have a huge year in Washington.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He betted on himself smart gamble or major risk??

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
1 year, $8 mil??? What's not to like from Skins perspective. Wish Rams would have taken the gamble instead. Nothing but upside.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart for Pryor - having a real QB if he is as good as he was last year should result in even more production.

On the flip side....I would rather have Pryor at 8 mil than Woods at 5 mil (or whatever he would get with only some of his incentives being reached)

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Man if we could have landed Pryor for that cheap, we would have been solid at WR and wouldn't even have to spend a high pick on a WR...