Article: Spagnuolo's First Statement Since Being Let Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Have a good day everybody...

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1009559-nfl-former-rams-coach-steve-spagnuolo-shares-first-statement-since-firing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1009 ... nce-firing</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good job. Succinct, objective, to the point.

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks a bunch, X.

One thing I am working on is shortening my articles. It's not easy for me because I sometimes feel I am leaving key info out and want to be sure things are detailed. On the other hand, it is 2012, and our society is used to things happening fast and a shorter read is often better than a longer one.

Thanks again...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
STL-Rams said:
Thanks a bunch, X.

One thing I am working on is shortening my articles. It's not easy for me because I sometimes feel I am leaving key info out and want to be sure things are detailed. On the other hand, it is 2012, and our society is used to things happening fast and a shorter read is often better than a longer one.

Thanks again...
I don't mind long articles as long as they keep me interested. That's not really the problem as I see it, because you can keep people engaged with your writing. What I don't like is the slide-show format they put it in. That, and the freaking pop-up ad that keeps showing up. I know that's not your fault either. That's a Bleacher Report thing. They're also still trying to shed that stigma that basically anyone can write for them, so they're not really considered to be a reliable or serious news outlet. Shame, really, because I can tell you're trying to be a serious contributor. Did they ever release anything to the public stating that they overhauled the staff there? That could probably help.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
STL-Rams said:
Thanks a bunch, X.

Thanks again...

Speaking as a fellow writer, you don't have to shorten your articles at all. You just have to make sure that they're enjoyable to read and get into. Just don't info-dump; that makes articles - and stories, for that matter - difficult to enjoy.

Best of luck with your writing, Mr. Gray.

:cheese:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
Speaking as a fellow writer, you don't have to shorten your articles at all. You just have to make sure that they're enjoyable to read and get into. Just don't info-dump; that makes articles - and stories, for that matter - difficult to enjoy.

Fellow writer, you say? When can I expect your first Rams article for the blog? Chop chop.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You mean right now? Okay. What do you need me to write? Is there a deadline?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
No, not right now. Whenever the urge hits you. I'll turn you into a Twitter deity. :cheese:

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
No, not right now. Whenever the urge hits you. I'll turn you into a Twitter deity. :cheese:

That's a scary thought, considering the fact that I don't go to any social networking sites.

:razzed:

Anyway, thank you. I'll probably write something about the Combine, seeing as it helps or hurts players more than anything other than on-the-field play or good/bad character on and off the field.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sounds good. Lookin' forward to it.

STL-Rams

Starter
X said:
STL-Rams said:
Thanks a bunch, X.

Thanks again...
I don't mind long articles as long as they keep me interested. That's not really the problem as I see it, because you can keep people engaged with your writing. What I don't like is the slide-show format they put it in. That, and the freaking pop-up ad that keeps showing up. I know that's not your fault either. That's a Bleacher Report thing. They're also still trying to shed that stigma that basically anyone can write for them, so they're not really considered to be a reliable or serious news outlet. Shame, really, because I can tell you're trying to be a serious contributor. Did they ever release anything to the public stating that they overhauled the staff there? That could probably help.

Thanks, X. I try to be interesting/informative/detailed and it seems to be appreciated by a great deal of people, like you, and that's very much appreciated and encouraging.

As for the slideshows, I wish it were easier to get from page to page. I certainly agree at least to that stage of looking at the format with those.

Yes, I think the stigma is slowing fading, but it takes time. As you know, they booted a ton of long-time writers and now have an application process that only only about 15% of so of applicants are are approved.

It does take time, and I agree 100% that they should publicize that clearly to the masses. It would go a long way to revamp the view that some hold towards them, even though great strides have been and continue to be made.

STL-Rams

Starter
Memento said:
STL-Rams said:
Thanks a bunch, X.

Thanks again...

Thank you, sir! And happy new year to you and yours!!

steferfootball

Starter
One of the best bleacher reports I've read. Comparable to a newspaper column imo.

edit: wrong word