Article on SJ

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Y'all may have already seen this but here you go:

http://www.foxsportsmidwest.com/01/.../landing_rams.html?blockID=843527&feedID=3794

"We are definitely going to sit down," Jackson said. "I would hate to watch this organization go on and be successful, which I believe they will, without me. I want to be a part of that."

Asked recently about Jackson, Fisher said, "I think everybody in the building would like to have him back. It's just a matter of us sitting down and working things out."

"I think certain guys, you just can't imagine them in another uniform," Jackson said. "And I don't think I or anyone else can imagine me in a different uniform as well."

bluecoconuts

Legend
I really can't imagine them working out something to finish out his career. I'd say a 3 year deal with the expectation that Jackson retires after 2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When was the last time a player appeared so committed to an organization? And... Openly playing those cards?

Got to love SJ.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
bluecoconuts said:
I really can't imagine them working out something to finish out his career. I'd say a 3 year deal with the expectation that Jackson retires after 2.

I think SJ has more than 2yrs left. His game is not built on speed. IMO... He's got a lot of hard running yards left.

He has a little leverage with this voidable year. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 4yr deal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
bluecoconuts said:

I think SJ has more than 2yrs left. His game is not built on speed. IMO... He's got a lot of hard running yards left.

He has a little leverage with this voidable year. It wouldn't surprise me if it's a 4yr deal.

Yeah - I think if he is used wisely, he could fulfill that 4 yr. deal. I really think he means it when he says he wants to be a part of what the Rams are building. I realize it is a business as far as both sides are concerned. I just don't think he will be shooting for the moon and could be brought back with a deal that makes sense for both sides.

I also think he will be used more as a safety valve as this offense grows and starts stretching the field. Not sure if he will get any more 1,000 yard rushing seasons but his total yards could easily go up in the next couple years.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I certainly hope that we are able to work out a mutually beneficial extension for SJ. He's absolutely correct,,, it just wouldn't be right to see him wearing some other shitty uniform.

I'll never forget the first time I saw him in person. It was at the playoff game in ATL when he was still backing up Faulk (I think SJ was still a rook)... anyway, he looked like a monster next to Marshall. I was almost shocked.

He's grown on me over the years,,, and the dreads always draw me in (even though they're weaved-in, not real).

Like I said though, the extension needs to be mutually beneficial. Tough decision no matter what. Let the others make their offers first, and if it's reasonable,, match it.

Speeps

Starter
4yr/12 million dollar deal. With Steven understanding he will be back and in a serious time share with the younger backs.