Article: Les Snead's offseason motto "Addition by subtraction"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I dunno... seems like the remaining (I'll say "picked") Olinesmen for the Rams seem to be improving... saw it from game one and they seem to continue to improve.
Guess they're just better at jettisoning all those bad habits Coach Boo taught them... ;)
I'd say they returned to their level they were at in 2015....In fact PFF rates linemen....and Hav & Brown are right around there earlier numbers.
They ARE playing better as a unit.

That appears to be coaching.

Well, first things first... he'll have to get reinserted back as starter. I see that as a huge challenge for him at this point.

Really don't understand your attachment to him
No attachment....I wouldn't bring him up now....except I always see Greg's dumb ass this....stupid that...yada yada yada....We don't hear that about Case Keenum....and guess what, he looks awesome away from this offense too.

I've always felt Greg Robinson would have made a great DT/NT... not much intelligence is needed on DL.
The better athletes play Defense as it's more reaction that anything.
I put the list in here...I'll put it in again...check out some of the names below a 22 wonderlic
http://wonderlictestsample.com/nfl-wonderlic-scores/
Taylor Lewan - 21
Cam Newton -21
Christian McCaffrey -21 (surprised?)
Ryan Ramczyk-20
Deshaun Watson-20
Derek Carr-20
Keenan Allen-19
Larry Fitzgerald-18
Cam Robinson-16
Dan Marino-16
I'll just leave it there...best QB to ever play the damn game....outstanding Rookie year....
but this game is about smarts?
or
is it about teaching and motivation?????

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
yeah exactly, but if you looked at his film he was a man among boys. Just like most good players, you look for guys who dominate the competition, not dominating in shorts.
I think most of us logical fans can agree that too much thought is put into potential rather than actual God given talent.

He absolutely was a man among boys as you said - and when he went to the Senior Bowl, he was dominant over everyone he faced there, even though all of those guys were projected to by NFL draftees as well. I honestly don't know how the teams picking ahead of the Rams didn't see this, and thought there was no way he'd make it to #13. If nothing else, I thought Tampa Bay would snap him up at #7, as he was an ideal DT for the system Lovie was running (and yes, I realize they had McCoy, but a good coach could utilize both of them together). I can't necessarily fault Tampa Bay for taking Mike Evans, who has worked out nicely for them, I think it's safe to say their defense would be much better had they taken AD. And I can definitely say I'm glad they didn't, because that was the point of that draft when I started hoping he'd actually fall to us.

I still contend that GRob's failure was on the Rams staff. And had the Rams taken Matthews, he'd be the bust and Grob would be the guy "we should taken"

I definitely think a lot of it has to be put on the Rams staff, not necessarily all of it. But man, they sucked at coaching OL, and I just can't understand how Boudreau seemed to lay such a huge egg with us this go-round when he had done excellent work in the past. That being said, given GRob's rawness, it was going to take a few years for him to be a good Olineman. Instead, he had the perfect storm of suck with the Rams, which virtually guaranteed him to be a bust. At this point you have to wonder if he's even salvageable.

I feel somewhat the same about Quick. He would have been best going to a team that had an offensive-minded head coach, a good QB, and several good players ahead of him on the depth chart, guys that could have set an example for him on how to be a pro, how to run routes, how to practice/prepare, and how to play in an NFL offense. In general, he needed to go to a team where he could have a good 2-3 seasons of apprenticeship before he was expected to be a major contributor. Instead, just like with GRob, a raw talent needing lots of coaching and lots of mentoring to ensure proper development was brought into a situation with lousy offensive coaches, guys at his position who set poor examples (see Britt, Kenny), and a bad QB situation, with the predictable effect of the pick being another wasted pick.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Which is what? Most of the best players don't play in the senior bowl...and shouldn't due to the injury risks involved.

You too ehhh Les?
Ok, he had a 22 wonderlic...similar to one of our most valuable commodities on the team.
http://footballiqscore.com/wonderlic-score-database/greg-robinson
Well, lookie here! Look who scored a 36....my my.....I stand corrected....

I once heard a professor say....if the kids are failing...it's my fault....

Ummmm, not sure about Detroit....I'll say this, several players, once exposed to the wrong way to do things, cannot simply change overnight, and do the "right" thing. Or definitely not right away. Lets give it some time. I'll always remember, after working with LeCharles Bentley, G-Rob seemed to improve...then progressively got worse over the season....
Not right away....I watched some highlights of the Lions last game when he was benched...pressure was coming from EVERYWHERE....even that highly touted RT was giving up sacks. Yet, for some reason, Greg was singled out and benched. Did he deserve it? Probably...but so did about 3 others. I still expect Detroit to win that division...with Greg as a starter.

Tell Aaron Donald & Dak Prescott that.

What you get out of the Senior Bowl is a player that is more mature & physically ready. They are player that are ready to player.

Kareem Hunt was another excellent find.You get a real good evaluation of a player as well & it's harder to miss on.

Josh Reynolds , Everett, & Kupp were real nice finds.

Tell me all about John Johnson LA !!
I know he wasn't the most talented, but for a free draft pick is not to shabby.

jacktheripper85

Starter
I'd say they returned to their level they were at in 2015....In fact PFF rates linemen....and Hav & Brown are right around there earlier numbers.
They ARE playing better as a unit.

That appears to be coaching.

No attachment....I wouldn't bring him up now....except I always see Greg's dumb ass this....stupid that...yada yada yada....We don't hear that about Case Keenum....and guess what, he looks awesome away from this offense too.

I put the list in here...I'll put it in again...check out some of the names below a 22 wonderlic
Taylor Lewan - 21
Cam Newton -21
Christian McCaffrey -21 (surprised?)
Ryan Ramczyk-20
Deshaun Watson-20
Derek Carr-20
Keenan Allen-19
Larry Fitzgerald-18
Cam Robinson-16
Dan Marino-16
I'll just leave it there...best QB to ever play the damn game....outstanding Rookie year....
but this game is about smarts?
or
is it about teaching and motivation?????

Just like book smarts vs street smarts Robinson's wonderlic score may indicate a general level of intelligence but his football smarts are obviously atrocious. Anyone who has played or coached the game will tell you he is clueless on the field.

I read all these posts analyzing why Robinson is or isn't a flop and laugh because the answer is pretty easy and applies to many other guys like him who obviously possess unique talent and that is "you want him to be a better player more than he wants to be".

Period.

There's no commitment from this guy to improve his game. He checked out Day 1 when he saw the jump in what it takes to be an NFL pro vs a college star. Hate to say it but the guy will be out of football in a year or two and be broke a few years after his "rapping" aspirations go no where. It's a shame to waste that kind of talent but he won't be the first or last guy to flop because he didn't possess the maturity, football smarts, commitment and dedication to succeed at the next level.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Anyone who has played or coached the game will tell you he is clueless on the field.
Oh really?
So what LeCharles Bentley says doesn't count?
Good read with GIFs. Says he may be the most physically gifted offensive lineman in the game and nothing is wrong that can't be fixed. He says, "I believe Greg can be one of the greatest offensive linemen to ever play in the NFL."

http://www.lbolineperformance.com/greg- ... ck-report/
Link doesn't work anymore...oh well

Hate to say it but the guy will be out of football in a year or two and be broke a few years after his "rapping" aspirations go no where. It's a shame to waste that kind of talent but he won't be the first or last guy to flop because he didn't possess the maturity, football smarts, commitment and dedication to succeed at the next level.
We shall see....

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
He could probably get a job as a bouncer at some club, of course it is a big drop in pay.