Arrogant fan base

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
When the TV showed the stands before potentially big plays, way too many Rams fans just seemed to be sitting on their hands. Maybe I'm a fanatic but I'm raising hell for my team when they need noise before a big snap. I just don't get people sitting there looking like they are at a tennis or golf match. I've never been to St. Louis but are the fans always that comatose?

No idea, never been to St. Louis either.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Another sad showing from the St. Louis fans, there were a LOT of Saints fans there. The team is putting together good competitive football games at home, and still there is little support for the team.

Whenever I see these type of posts, I always wonder if the poster has any clue as to how these games/tickets are sold. It suggests that these out of town fans just decide two days before the game that they want to but tickets and travel 10+ hours to see a game.

As was the case, with the Bears fans, these teams "travel well". I would venture to say that the majority of them bought their tickets within days of the schedule being released.

So, when posters want to take shots at the Rams fans because the "team is putting together competitive games at home", it implies that we as LOCAL Rams fans should have been able to foresee this, and bought BACK all of these tickets that were obviously sold months ago.

BTW>>>> just curious.... "HE WITH HORNS" were YOU at the game yesterday?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
When the TV showed the stands before potentially big plays, way too many Rams fans just seemed to be sitting on their hands. Maybe I'm a fanatic but I'm raising hell for my team when they need noise before a big snap. I just don't get people sitting there looking like they are at a tennis or golf match. I've never been to St. Louis but are the fans always that comatose?

"I've never been to St. Louis" is your justification for all but accusing fans who were actually AT THE GAME of not being as passionate as you deem worthy? So you base your opinion from select screen shots off the tv? GOT IT!!!!

BTW... I was there, and trust me, that place was plenty loud when it needed to be. But when the Rams are up by 3+ TDs, I really don't see the your point as to what constitutes "before a big snap"

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
"I've never been to St. Louis" is your justification for all but accusing fans who were actually AT THE GAME of not being as passionate as you deem worthy? So you base your opinion from select screen shots off the tv? GOT IT!!!!

BTW... I was there, and trust me, that place was plenty loud when it needed to be. But when the Rams are up by 3+ TDs, I really don't see the your point as to what constitutes "before a big snap"

The crowd was great yesterday...I know it and you know it. Ramhusker is a great poster, but no reason to get worked up over something we at the game could experience far better than someone sitting at home.

FWIW...here is a blurb from Randy Karraker.
9. Despite the presence of a bevy of Saints fans (who travel very well to every venue), the Rams’ crowd got into the game. When the New Orleans faithful started their “Let’s go, Saints” chant, they were quickly drowned out by the boos of Rams fans at the Edward Jones Dome. The Rams’ defense took advantage of lots of crowd noise. The fans who showed up were rewarded. And when you consider that it was 25 degrees outside, that the game was televised locally and the home team was a decided underdog with a two-game losing streak, getting about 50,000 St. Louisans to come out is pretty impressive.

This thread sure has gone from one thing to another...now, back to the arrogance of the :jerkoff: Aints fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

No, the screen shots of the gallery is what prompted that reaction. They are all I had to go by with this game. YES, I'm pretty damn passionate about the RAMS and probably not too many are worthy in that light. Glad you got to go, you should be hoarse today. I know I would be. Since they didn't spot us 3 TDs at the opening KO, there were plenty of big plays that warranted some fanatics making enough noise to change an outcome. Maybe it's just the perception one gets from watching a game being played in St Louis on TV that it's not that loud. It could be the broadcast. It could be the seemingly consistent large crowd of opposing fans that always seem to find their way into the Edward Jones Dome of course not making noise for the Rams. I really don't know why it doesn't seem to be loud in St Louis on TV because I've never been to St. Louis.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
No, the screen shots of the gallery is what prompted that reaction. They are all I had to go by with this game. YES, I'm pretty damn passionate about the RAMS and probably not too many are worthy in that light. Glad you got to go, you should be hoarse today. I know I would be. Since they didn't spot us 3 TDs at the opening KO, there were plenty of big plays that warranted some fanatics making enough noise to change an outcome. Maybe it's just the perception one gets from watching a game being played in St Louis on TV that it's not that loud. It could be the broadcast. It could be the seemingly consistent large crowd of opposing fans that always seem to find their way into the Edward Jones Dome of course not making noise for the Rams. I really don't know why it doesn't seem to be loud in St Louis on TV because I've never been to St. Louis.

Trust me, tv does NOT do it justice. As I said, I DVR every game, and watch it back even after being there. And rarely if ever, does the atmosphere translate.

If there is one thing I will agree with you on... It's the frustration of late arriving fans, who for whatever reason, haven't figured out that if you wait til 3:20 to attempt to get into the stadium, for 3:25 start time, you are NOT going to be there for kickoff. And guess when they USUALLY show the random crowd shots. Right before or right after kickoff. So it "appears" like the place is empty.

But even with that being said, there is "plenty" of NOISE when it counts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This city would be gobbling up every single ticket and have that place packed if they were having the season Carolina is having. I know this because I've seen it.

I can't wait to see it again...and I believe it isn't far away.