Arm chair GM 1st Rd Mock Draft-Pick #8 Minnesota Vikings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Minnesota Vikings pick #8

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Recap:
#1) Houston Texans-Blake Bortles 57%
#2) St Louis Rams-Greg Robinson 41%
#3) Jacksonville Jaguars-Jadeveon Clowney 38%
#4) Cleveland Browns-Teddy Bridgewater 46%
#5) Oakland Raiders-Jake Matthews 35%
#6) Atlanta Falcons-Kalil Mack 82%
#7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Sammy Watkins 48%

Ok ROD's, the Minnesota Vikings are on the clock. No trades. YOU are the GM. Who do you draft?
th

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Johnny football is going to be a Viking.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Johnny football is going to be a Viking.

That's my thought too, the way this has played out so far.
I'm right there with you guys. They re-signed Matt Cassell and he'll be the insurance QB. The only other guy i'd seriously consider because it just makes sense is Mike Evans.
Johnny football is my pick.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm right there with you guys. They re-signed Matt Cassell and he'll be the insurance QB. The only other guy i'd seriously consider because it just makes sense is Mike Evans.
Johnny football is my pick.

I was thinking Evans... But they have Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson... WR feels like a luxury pick for them.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I was thinking Evans... But they have Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson... WR feels like a luxury pick for them.
Good point. I'd forgotten about the youngster C.Patterson being there.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
With the second worst NFL pass defense and losing starters to free agency, it looks like desperate times for DB talent in this draft. I'd much rather pass up on Manziel for Justin Gilbert and draft a QB with my second pick than take that extreme risk and have the defense suffer. Besides, Matt Cassel has proven himself in the past so I'm not completely opposed to him.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If the Viks don't take Manziel, does he fall out of the first rnd?

Slappy967

Starter
The folks in Minnesota need Manziel as he will put butts in seats this year. Plus they have the coaches in place to maximize his skills and have A.P. and Patterson to pair him up with.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If the Viks don't take Manziel, does he fall out of the first rnd?
Seems like a possibility. Good question. Teams that would have to at least consider taking him(in this scenario) would be Arizona at #20, although unlikely.

Slappy967

Starter
He hasn't had his pro day yet I don't think. Someone will fall in love with him then and take him in Round 1. Which hopefully it's someone trading up to take him before our 2nd round pick so another Quinn level talent is available to us.

Slappy967

Starter
I think Denver is under the misguided belief Brock Osweiler will be a hall of famer after holding Mannings clipboard for another year.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think Denver is under the misguided belief Brock Osweiler will be a hall of famer after holding Mannings clipboard for another year.
Lol yeah,i watched him alot here locally at ASU. He's not an NFL QB. He's another one of those Dan McGwire experiments.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
They need a QB and he's the only QB left on the board.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm going Barr here.
Norv was able to squeeze some good QB play out of Bryan Hoyer, I think they'll stand pat with Cassle for a year and see if lightning strikes twice. They have Xavier Rhodes on the outside and Captain Munnerlyn that they just signed, but their LB corps is ugly. Having had Burfict, Maualuga and Rey in Cleveland, I think Zimmer wants another thumper to help his defense.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I don't like Manziel here. Minnesota has some nice receivers who can get downfield and there offense looks like it needs a more conventional QB. All that being said, Im not a Manziel guy and don't think he is worth a first round choice for anyone. David Carr or Jimmy Garappolo would be a better option in the 2nd or even a trade up from the second to late first round.

I vote CJ Mosley but looks like it doesn't matter right now lol.