Arm chair GM 1st Rd Mock Draft-Pick #11 Tennessee Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tennessee Titans pick #11

• Total voters

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Recap:
#1) Houston Texans-Blake Bortles 57%
#2) St Louis Rams-Greg Robinson 41%
#3) Jacksonville Jaguars-Jadeveon Clowney 38%
#4) Cleveland Browns-Teddy Bridgewater 46%
#5) Oakland Raiders-Jake Matthews 35%
#6) Atlanta Falcons-Kalil Mack 82%
#7) Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Sammy Watkins 48%
#8) Minnesota Vikings-Johnny Manziel 63%
#9) Buffalo Bills-Mike Evans 26%
#10) Detroit Lions-Justin Gilbert 50%

The Tennessee Titans are on the clock. No trades. YOU are the GM. Who do you draft?
th

SierraRam

Recreational User
These guys have a lot of holes on defense, especially at LB. They'll opt for the best one available: Anthony Barr

... Dennard, Pryor, Dix, Donald, Ebron still on the board :)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
They need a little help at every defensive position really. LB is probably the most pressing so I'm taking Barr.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Dennard to fill Verners hole. I would take Aaron Donald though. Wait, I thought this was what we thought was going to happen, not who we would take lol. Oh well.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
It was between Barr and Donald for me. I went Barr.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm drafting Barr as well. Combination of BPA and fills an immediate need.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm going with Dennard again. Now that Verner is gone, they need a number one cornerback. I don't think that they need a linebacker; they have guys like Akeem Ayers, Colin McCarthy, Zack Brown, and Zavier Gooden. Plus I'm not a huge fan of Barr. They don't have an enormous need for a defensive tackle either, not wkth Jurrell Casey and Mike Martin. They could use a tight end, but with so many holes on defense, they need to patch that up first.

So, with the eleventh overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, I select Darqueze Dennard out of Michigan State.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think CB is a solid choice, but is Dennard a better value at #11 than Barr?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think CB is a solid choice, but is Dennard a better value at #11 than Barr?

In my opinion, Barr is a bit overrated. I've seen comparisons to Von Miller, and I honestly don't think he's even near that level. In addition, he's strictly a 3-4 linebacker; he lacks the coverage skills to be placed in a 4-3. Add in the loss of a true number one cornerback in Verner and the glut of talent they have at linebacker, and my choice was easy.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
In my opinion, Barr is a bit overrated. I've seen comparisons to Von Miller, and I honestly don't think he's even near that level. In addition, he's strictly a 3-4 linebacker; he lacks the coverage skills to be placed in a 4-3. Add in the loss of a true number one cornerback in Verner and the glut of talent they have at linebacker, and my choice was easy.
That was my thinking as well. That's why I went with Dennard

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Barr because I want Dennard as an option at 13 :sneaky:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought i read somewhere that Tennessee was switching to a 3-4. I'll have to look it up.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
^^^I thought I heard this too, so I gave them the best NT on the board in T. Jerrnigan to anchor the D line. Got to win in the trenches.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not a straight up switch but a hybrid 3-4 it sounds like.
The Titans have primarily played a 4-3 defense (four down linemen, three linebackers) since arriving in Tennessee, but since the coaching change they have indicated plans to show a number of different looks, from a 4-3 to a 3-4 to a 2-5.

“It opens things up for us for those in-between rushers,” Webster said. “Maybe they are not a 4-3 end exactly, but in a 3-4 and the way we’re going to play in this hybrid defense, they’ll fit that and will give us something.”

The Titans desperately need more of a pass rush from the outside. Last season, defensive tackle Jurrell Casey led the team in sacks with 10.5, while Derrick Morgan led defensive ends with 6.0.

Although there was speculation that the Titans might need to completely revamp their personnel for a switch to the 3-4, Webster said there are plenty of in-house players who fit.

“It’s probably not as big a deal as what you would think. Because it is a hybrid, we’ll kind of mold it to our talent,” he said. “We have several guys on our team right now that can line up in the 3-4 defense and play well, and we haven’t been in that defense.

“And in the secondary there is no difference. Up front, just a tweak here or there. But I was pleased when our new coaches came in, they felt like we had interchangeable personnel.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...0010/Hybrid-defense-may-lead-Titans-back-UCLA