Arizona 17 GB 0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Cards have one of the best Ds in the game. They finished very high in the rankings last year and that was despite virtually no offense. Just like last year's Rams, their D will keep them competitive in most games and the breaks will be the difference between a W or an L.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
The Cards have one of the best Ds in the game. They finished very hich in the rankings last year and that was despite virtually no offense. Just like last year's Rams, their D will keep them competitive in most games and the breaks will be the difference between a W or an L.

Disagree. Ray Horton was a defensive genius. It was why he was supposedly the Rams Plan B in their coaching search a couple of years ago(for Head Coach). He really got everything and more out of that defense. The Cardinals lost 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary(the strength of the team) and replaced them with questionable starters. They have a mediocre pass rush. And Washington is suspended for the first few games. Plus, I don't think Bowles is a good DC.

I am not concerned because of a preseason game...I'm not really concerned about them at all. IMO, with Palmer, their offense will go from terrible to mediocre but their defense without Horton will go from very good/great to mediocre/poor.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
jrry32 said:
Ray Horton was a defensive genius. It was why he was supposedly the Rams Plan B in their coaching search a couple of years ago(for Head Coach). He really got everything and more out of that defense. The Cardinals lost 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary(the strength of the team) and replaced them with questionable starters. They have a mediocre pass rush. And Washington is suspended for the first few games. Plus, I don't think Bowles is a good DC.

I am not concerned because of a preseason game...I'm not really concerned about them at all. IMO, with Palmer, their offense will go from terrible to mediocre but their defense without Horton will go from very good/great to mediocre/poor.

Totally agree on Ray Horton as DC and the Cleveland Browns are the beneficiaries, however, I respectfully disagree with Horton being plan B. IMO Current Bucs Head Coach Greg Schiano was plan B. Although I do love Ray Horton.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
jrry32 pooh poohing the possibility the Cards D is great:
Disagree. Ray Horton was a defensive genius. It was why he was supposedly the Rams Plan B in their coaching search a couple of years ago(for Head Coach). He really got everything and more out of that defense. The Cardinals lost 3 of their 4 starters in the secondary(the strength of the team) and replaced them with questionable starters. They have a mediocre pass rush. And Washington is suspended for the first few games. Plus, I don't think Bowles is a good DC.

While I agree that Horton is a great DC, it's funny how great players will make a coach look better. The Rams have replaced all the starters at safety with "questionable" starters and yet we're talking about improving our D. I stand by what I said and it's gonna be interesting to see how it shakes out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are worse teams than Arizona, but I don't fear these guys at all.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I don't fear the Cards and I think we'll take both games but that's just because we're very good and the Cards are just good. I think they're gonna win a lot of games outside of the division.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
albefree69 said:
I don't fear the Cards and I think we'll take both games but that's just because we're very good and the Cards are just good. I think they're gonna win a lot of games outside of the division.
Yeah, that's where we need to significantly improve if we want any chance of making a run.
3-7 against non-divisional opponents just ain't gonna cut it.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
They've designed our team to beat the division foes. I hope that design will work on non division foes too.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
albefree69 said:
They've designed our team to beat the division foes. I hope that design will work on non division foes too.
I don't see how it couldn't work to beat those outside the division. We are built very much like the other teams in our division and two of them did very well outside the division last season. We just needed some more weapons and growth with experience.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
The Rammer revealing our hopes:
I don't see how it couldn't work to beat those outside the division. We are built very much like the other teams in our division and two of them did very well outside the division last season. We just needed some more weapons and growth with experience.

Yeah, that's the hope isn't it. :bg:

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Ummm....Its preseason...The Lions were 4-0 in the preseason in the same year they went 0-16....