Arizona 17 GB 0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Arizona looked really good with Palmer driving the bus. Their D pitched a shutout too.

As a few of our posters have already mentioned, they're gonna be tough this year.

fearsomefour

Legend
A veteran QB with skills can do amazing thing for a team. For all the bashing he has taken on this board Palmer has skills and had a good year on a very bad team last year. If the O line can give him 3.5 seconds and get the running game going at all I think he has a very good year.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/09/palmer-has-a-productive-cardinals-debut/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... als-debut/</a>
Palmer has a productive Cardinals debut
It’s far too soon to know whether the Cardinals are going to be any good or not.

But they’re at least going to be interesting to watch.

Quarterback Carson Palmer showed a willingness and an ability to throw the ball downfield for new coach Bruce Arians. And their kickers missed three field goals, which brings another kind of entertainment to the mix.

Palmer was 4-of-6 for 77 yards in his limited time, including a 38-yard touchdown pass to Andre Roberts.

That’s a 149.3 passer rating, and 12.8 yards per attempt. That’s good.

They still have issues to iron out, as their offensive line is a work in progress. But with a competent quarterback, a major star wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and a promising No. 2 in Michael Floyd, the Cardinals should be at least more competitive offensively this year.

But the Cards also continued to move the ball downfield with their backup quarterbacks on the field. No one’s showing too much in the preseason, but there’s a certain statement of personality that Arians is making.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nailed it.

(underwater in a RODcast, no less) :lmao:

jjab360

Legend
Anybody else worried that maybe the Cardinals are the forgotten team from the NFC West that surprises and not the Rams?

Yeah, me neither.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jjab360 said:
Anybody else worried that maybe the Cardinals are the forgotten team from the NFC West that surprises and not the Rams?

Yeah, me neither.
I don't think they'll surprise teams more than the Rams, but I do think they're being overlooked.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ummm...PreSeason?

If you want to make them the Preseason Champions, then CROWN THEIR AZZ! :dancin:

It's way to early to gauge any team..however, the Cardinals have some talent, and now have a reason to believe, they seem to be overlooked in the NFC west,.hopefully the Rams wont take them lightly.

foreverram

UDFA
During a preseason game in the 70's the then sorry New York Giants beat the crap out of the team of the 70's known as the Pittsburgh Steelers. Point being is these games are like illusions. If these teams had a rematch in October the Packers would blow them out. That being said the Rams better not take them lightly on opening day being that the Cards are divisional rivals along with the fact that in the NFL anyone can beat anyone on any given day.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I watched the first half. Palmer looked very good. OLine looked good too. I didn't see them do much in the running game. They were definitely focusing on the pass(even with the 2nd unit guys).

Their defense looked stout vs the G.B. first team.

I'm still not sold at all on if they can protect the QB,run the football or generate a legit pass rush.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
It's the preseason. It doesn't matter. The Rams went 4-0 in 2011 and then went 2-14 during the season. It just has no baring on the season.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They drafted an incredible stud G in Cooper and they replaced their pitiful RT so I think their O-line has improved drastically. Remember, they were 4-0 at one point last year before imploding. One of those victories was against the Cheatriots who kicked our asses.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
mojorizen7 said:
I watched the first half. Palmer looked very good. OLine looked good too. I didn't see them do much in the running game. They were definitely focusing on the pass(even with the 2nd unit guys).

Their defense looked stout vs the G.B. first team.

I'm still not sold at all on if they can protect the QB,run the football or generate a legit pass rush.
just watched the first half as well, and I agree that Palmer looked very sharp. they will definitely be a contender in the NFCW

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Cardinals like some people are. This team does have talent and a good defense. If they can keep their QB upright then this team will be in more games than not. Teams that overlook them, like the Pats last year, might be in for a rude awakening. This is going to be a tough division this year.

iced

their o-line looked okay....

but come on..it ain't like the D is blitzing nor giving them looks they haven't seen before

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Palmer is superior to what they had, but Palmer is a statue in the pocket and considering the other QB's in the west I'll choose to play against them everytime. Rams are not good enough to take any team for granted. Play them one game at a time. Cards special teams will be very good too with Patrick Peterson and Honey Badger.

Not convinced that Todd Bowles can coordinate a good defense and I have never been a fan of RB Rashard Mendenhall.