Arians playing to win tonight but not winning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrankenRam

Starter
It didn't entirely surprise me the Carolina D was able to put the clamps on the AZ O...though 5 turnovers wouldn't have been anticipated.

But wow...the AZ D.......were they ever a NoShow for this one. Seemed to want no part of even trying to tackle the hot dog, Newton.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
+1
I've been banging this drum too. I watched almost every game. Arizona only lost 4 times this year. Rams early, Pittsburgh , Seattle late and the Panthers. They're a good team, but to me their weaknesses are clear. That sling it offense struggles vs very good front sevens, and teams that don't get discouraged trying to run the ball on them early in games, and stick with it despite the scoreboard have had success exposing that defense. They also have to send the farm to get consistent pressure. They need LB's if they want to get better.

Yeah man no doubt about it, and I keep hearing Parcells after winning his second Super Bowl... "Power wins football games."

Looking ahead into the Super Bowl the team with the edge in power on both sides of the ball is Carolina. Denver has a great DC and a fast, attacking defense but they are not going to hold up for long in the face of Carolina's power based attack IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I dunno, fellas...

Kicking Arians while he's down is just... Unseemly.

His team was outcoached and outplayed tonight, no question. By a team that looks like a juggernaut.

It started badly and snowballed from there. The O, D, and ST all were a hot mess.

But does anybody really believe that the Panthers are 34 points better than the Cards on any given Sunday? Me neither.

We've all seen how easily routs can sometimes occur in the NFL. The Cards have been on the winning side of a few routs, themselves.

All Arians has done is win since he arrived. Plus 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. Plus received his second Coach of the Year honor last year.

I've gotta say that I respect his coaching achievements.

I want the Rams to beat the snot out of him twice a year, of course. But right now I think I'll give him a little space.

Not sure why it's a problem to enjoy seeing a division rival knocked the F out like we saw yesterday. I doubt there's one poster here who doesn't respect the Cards or their cocky coach, 43. Thing is we are Rams fans so what is the alternative? Cry about how bad the Rams are and put the Cards up on a pedestal?

I'll pass on that brother. F Arians.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It didn't entirely surprise me the Carolina D was able to put the clamps on the AZ O...though 5 turnovers wouldn't have been anticipated.

But wow...the AZ D.......were they ever a NoShow for this one. Seemed to want no part of even trying to tackle the hot dog, Newton.

It was actually 7 turnovers, which is not going to win you many games LOL.

Arians played to win though.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Arians remains the classless asshole...Not a mention about the Panthers maybe being a good football team that I read...Nothing but we didn't do this or we didn' t
do that...Absolutely no respect for anybody..Why should I feel bad aout kcking him while he''s down..Let's remember he did the same thing to the Rams...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just listened to the post game presser for both teams. First off, i do feel for Larry Fitzgerald. Dude is pure class. The NFL and sportsworld in general needs more guys like Larry. Wish he could have gotten a SB ring at some point.
Next, Coach Rivera goes out of his way to give respect to the Cardinals. Gracious in victory.

Finally you have Arians, who had nothing to say about the team that pounded his players dicks into the dirt.
He did talk about his best players "not showing up" or "gettin it done." He would have to be referring to Carson, Fitz, Peterson, Campbell. Not sure how those comments are going to settle in over time...maybe Brucie should just give credit to the better team and stfu.

Eventually even Cards fans are going to become enlightened to this turd. May take a couple years and a few more asinine predictions and defensive retorts...but it'll happen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just listened to the post game presser for both teams. First off, i do feel for Larry Fitzgerald. Dude is pure class. The NFL and sportsworld in general needs more guys like Larry. Wish he could have gotten a SB ring at some point.
Next, Coach Rivera goes out of his way to give respect to the Cardinals. Gracious in victory.

Finally you have Arians, who had nothing to say about the team that pounded his players dicks into the dirt.
He did talk about his best players "not showing up" or "gettin it done." He would have to be referring to Carson, Fitz, Peterson, Campbell. Not sure how those comments are going to settle in over time...maybe Brucie should just give credit to the better team and stfu.

Eventually even Cards fans are going to become enlightened to this turd. May take a couple years and a few more asinine predictions and defensive retorts...but it'll happen.

LOL that sounds like his style.

DVontel

Rookie

I don't know, Bruce gave his respects to Riverboat Ron & Cam during the Fox interview after the game.

I think we'll get tired of him as soon as we seen declining seasons. We've gotten further & further each season with him so far. I know him & the guys will remember this ass-whooping for a while.

Next season should be a treat.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Actually, I watched Arian's post game interview, too.

I would describe him as subdued, humble, and classy. But that's just me.

Couple of things...

You want classless? Let's don't forget Fisher sending out all those RG3 trade picks for the coin toss in Washington in '14. That was embarrassingly classless. ESPECIALLY coming from a HC yet to enjoy a winning season with the Rams after 4 years. Meanwhile, those Redskins went to the damned playoffs. But I digress...

Second, I LIKE a little edge in my HC. IF he can back it up on the field. Arians usually does. Us old farts remember Ray Malavasi doing that frequently back in the day. That was my favorite thing about Malavasi. Lol.

Look, I get that it's easy to hate on opposing HC's in our division. I felt the same way about Harbaugh, and still do about Carroll. But for some reason, I just feel more mellow about Arians. A respect thing for his accomplishments after a long and tough wait to get his HC opportunity.

I will close with this...

I would trade Fisher for Arians in a heartbeat if given the opportunity. AND offer to pay Fisher's final year $7 million contract, to boot.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't know, Bruce gave his respects to Riverboat Ron & Cam during the Fox interview after the game.
Do you have a link? I would be more interested in your thoughts about his comments towards his own guys. I don't need to hear anyone feed me any delusions over his shitty personality....Rams fans especially. ;)

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier

I think we'll get tired of him as soon as we seen declining seasons. We've gotten further & further each season with him so far. I know him & the guys will remember this ass-whooping for a while.

Next season should be a treat.
Congrats on you guys making it to NFC championship.Seen where Keim is already pin pointing pass rush as a area of focus
this offseason.

DVontel

Rookie
Guess we'll see. Cheers man. Just flicking you crap.
It's cool man, haha.

You guys here are cool people, wouldn't mind drinking a beer with ya. Definitely looking forward to next season's matchups. Hopefully no significant injuries are involved.

DVontel

Rookie
Do you have a link? I would be more interested in your thoughts about his comments towards his own guys. I don't need to hear anyone feed me any delusions over his crappy personality....Rams fans especially. ;)
I think he was right. Palmer, Peterson, & Veldheer all played like shit(am I allowing to cuss here or is that against forum rules here?). Calais played undisciplined, too. I don't see where he was wrong, though he didn't coach a very good game either. He deserves blame, too.

If his "shitty personality" leads us further & further each season, then I'm all for it my man :)