Arians on PTI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
How did our dividion get stuck with the biggest D-bag coaches in the NFL?

(Aside from Belicheat of course)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't understand why people have problems with double standards when it comes to this stuff. It doesn't matter what Fisher said or did in support of his friend Shanahan when he trotted out our draft picks and made an off remark at his own presser two days later.

Arians disrespected the organization and a team that kept him out of the endzone via a defense that's ranked 2nd in the league in terms of offensive points allowed. I'm sure Cardinals fans loved what he said too. But what would they say when they lose to Seattle and Carroll gets up on the podium and says, "They're just pretenders. We're the real power house of this division." Better believe there would be outrage, and not so much in the area of "That's okay. We deserved it. He's right. Carroll is awesome."

bish please.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't understand why people have problems with double standards when it comes to this stuff. It doesn't matter what Fisher said or did in support of his friend Shanahan when he trotted out our draft picks and made an off remark at his own presser two days later.

Aren't double standards generally viewed as a negative? ;)

Obviously, based on the pretty wide sprectrum of responses, it's an individual thing.

To me, it's my own "sense" of what's right or wrong.

Once I determine what my "sense" is, then it doesn't matter whether it was Fisher... or Arians... or Carroll... or whoever.

In this case, I think both men were wrong.

Again, that's just based off my sense of right and wong.

Hopefully, that makes "sense" :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Aren't double standards generally viewed as a negative? ;)

Obviously, based on the pretty wide sprectrum of responses, it's an individual thing.

To me, it's my own "sense" of what's right or wrong.

Once I determine what my "sense" is, then it doesn't matter whether it was Fisher... or Arians... or Carroll... or whoever.

In this case, I think both men were wrong.

Again, that's just based off my sense of right and wong.

Hopefully, that makes "sense" :)
I don't know if it makes sense.
All I know is, I'm an 11-3 poster, and you're always around 8-8. :p

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
bish please.
lol.
My grandmother was Mexican, so she had some great pronunciations for common English words. If she used the word bitch, she would always say it in a hushed voice, and it would sound like bish. When she asked for sugar it would sound like chugar. I always loved that, my daughters will sometimes pronounce those words that way just to make me smile. Sadly they never met my grandmother.

Thanks for the laugh, even though it wasn't meant for me. Damn I'm getting soft with age.

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I don't know if it makes sense.
All I know is, I'm an 11-3 poster, and you're always around 8-8. :p

You pretty much have it right. Though there are a multitude of arguments going on here. I applaud X for saying it is a "double standard" but there is nothing wrong with that...

Here are the arguments I see:

A. Was what he said wrong or right factually?
B. Were his comments directed at our team or others?
C. Was what he said unsporting?
1. is it ever right to talk bad about opponent?
a. if so, then what are the "rules" on it?
D. Am I good with it if our guy/coach/person says/does it? (this is the double standard question)
1. since no two people say the exact same thing in the exact same context you gnerally can only use examples for each here to prove it.

Everyone here probably answers these questions here differently for the events we are discussing.

Myself, I tend not to mind double standards, but hate when a person does not recognize them. I have a lot of baseball cards fan as friends (and I am one also) and am always amazed at how they love Holiday (who I think is a bordline dirty player) but will complain about other teams doing the same things he does.

Most on here defended the hit in the Denver game as legal and say it should not have been flagged - it ended up not mattering and got no real discussion, but did they feel the same way about the hit on Britt in the Washington game? (not actually asking for answers, and not judging the answer - but that would be hypothetical double standard type situation).

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Look, for me it's extremely simple. The Rams shutout 2 straight opponents, so of course there was going to be some chatter about that. If Arians is pissed about that, fine. But the media is all about the spectacle, and the Rams had done something few had done in this all-offense era. But Arians isn't about to acknowledge THAT. Oh no. He's all about the disrespect for his team. Even if his team never made it to the end-zone. Even if his team was still hanging on with 2 minutes to go.

If Arians wants people to talk about his defense, go shutout 2 in a row.

Now, about Fisher and his coin-toss captains. Think about this for moment. If the Redskins were truly disrespected, where was their motivation to show the Rams who they were?

*crickets*

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Arians disrespected the organization and a team that kept him out of the endzone via a defense that's ranked 2nd in the league in terms of offensive points allowed. I'm sure Cardinals fans loved what he said too. But what would they say when they lose to Seattle and Carroll gets up on the podium and says, "They're just pretenders. We're the real power house of this division." Better believe there would be outrage, and not so much in the area of "That's okay. We deserved it. He's right. Carroll is awesome."

bish please.
This here^and ESPECIALLY this stuff right here>>>
But what would they say when they lose to Seattle and Carroll gets up on the podium and says, "They're just pretenders. We're the real power house of this division." Better believe there would be outrage, and not so much in the area of "That's okay. We deserved it. He's right. Carroll is awesome."
Absolute outrage. Mob with torches in hand. Dogs and cats dying of the plague. Apes taught to be household pets and servants. A rebellion of mammoth propor....oh wait sorry nevermind. You get the idea.

ram007

Starter
I don't see any difference between Arians and Fisher. Fisher trolled Redskins. Arians trolled Rams

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in crap (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?

Not at all...Fisher showed some balls and did it BEFORE the game, opening himself up to all kind of bullshit if the Rams lose...Arians didn't have the balls to sling his shit until AFTER the game...Pretty easy to talk shit AFTER the fact...No respect is shown from from me for the prick...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Jared Cook bought the BA Kangol, he said he will use it as his thinking cap.

You sure it wasn't so he'd always have something with him to pick up after his dog with?

I mean, nothing improves the look of that hat better than stuffing it with a big pile of dog droppings.

See?

bruce-arians-nfl-combine-hat.jpg

desertdawg

UDFA
You sure it wasn't so he'd always have something with him to pick up after his dog with?

I mean, nothing improves the look of that hat better than stuffing it with a big pile of dog droppings.

See?

bruce-arians-nfl-combine-hat.jpg
I see the NFL coach of the year right there, that bald bastard, that prick. :)

desertdawg

UDFA
Not at all...Fisher showed some balls and did it BEFORE the game, opening himself up to all kind of bullcrap if the Rams lose...Arians didn't have the balls to sling his crap until AFTER the game...Pretty easy to talk crap AFTER the fact...No respect is shown from from me for the prick...
Anybody can trash talk before a game, but you have to win the game to trash talk afterwards. And it wasn't even about the Rams, it was about the coverage and perception the media was giving us, that lack of respect. It's our tackling fuel, but don't get too upset, there's always next year, and the year after that, and so on. Maybe you guys will get lucky. :)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Anybody can trash talk before a game, but you have to win the game to trash talk afterwards. And it wasn't even about the Rams, it was about the coverage and perception the media was giving us, that lack of respect. It's our tackling fuel, but don't get too upset, there's always next year, and the year after that, and so on. Maybe you guys will get lucky. :)
But that's the point: he didn't need to trash talk. His team won. All he had to do was be professional.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Eh, it happens. You've got a team that's 8-8 every year get beat by a team that's 5-11 every year. "I figured it out."