Arians on PTI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
and finally, yeah, running players out there is an attempt to embarrass another franchise....despite claims otherwise....hence the over reporting on it....it was blatant....
So because the media, as in people outside the Rams, over reported the coin toss captains thing, that means Fisher must have meant it as a deliberate insult?

Yeah. No.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I guess you can see it that way. I choose to see it as an indictment of the media. They picked a team with a losing record to beat a team with a damn good one and it pissed him off. I think that's understandable.
I'm not supporting the guy by any stretch, just saying I see his point.
It would piss me off too. So as a professional act accordingly and call out the media...leave the "insert team you just beat" out of it. Anybody can talk shit after the game. Thats easy. Its also WEAK, which is why coaches don't do it.

We can agree to disagree, but i stand by my comment that if it had been Harbaugh or Carroll mouthing off after beating us, this board would be vitriol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in crap (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?
Yes. That's exactly right. It's okay for me to beat the shit out of someone who I think deserves it.
But it's not okay for someone to beat the shit out of my brother.

Savvy?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in crap (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?
No it's not hypocritical. Here's the difference.
If i act like a smug, shit-talking douchebag BEFORE the game is played it's called talking smack and is immediately converted to bulletin board material. Use it or don't use it...go out and prove it on the field.

Talking shit AFTER the game...a game you won...is WEAK and classless. The game has been played. Get it?

Mick

Pro Bowler
Yes. That's exactly right. It's okay for me to beat the crap out of someone who I think deserves it.
But it's not okay for someone to beat the crap out of my brother.

Savvy?
nah.....not savvy.....he spoke the truth...hate him all ya want, but we are what we are....they played better....he talked after the game...totally legit to me

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nah.....not savvy.....he spoke the truth...hate him all ya want, but we are what we are....they played better....he talked after the game...totally legit to me
That has absolutely nothing to do with my point. You're just repeating yourself now.
You pointed out what you perceived to be the hypocrisy and I explained to you why that is.

Mick

Pro Bowler
you can "explain" all ya want...doesn't make it so....you cheered and chuckled when we embarrassed another franchise...not just it's owner...by trotting out our picks...so take it when it comes back at ya....that ain't hard to understand

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
you can "explain" all ya want...doesn't make it so....you cheered and chuckled when we embarrassed another franchise...not just it's owner...by trotting out our picks...so take it when it comes back at ya....that ain't hard to understand
I don't think you're following along here, and are instead trying to be antagonistic. That doesn't work on me.

You said it was hypocritical for Rams fans to have enjoyed what Fisher did by trotting out his draft picks (which was aimed at Snyder), but are getting all hurt over what Arians said. I explained to you that being "hypocritical" isn't out of the ordinary and gave you a parallel to ponder. If you beat someone up because they deserved it, you'd be happy about it. If someone else came up to your brother (or any other family member) and beat *them* up, you'd be upset about it. It's still giving or getting a beating, right? So then it's valid to be angered by one and not the other.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
sherman_richard6.jpg
Well done.
thumbsup.gif

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't think you're following along here, and are instead trying to be antagonistic. That doesn't work on me.

You said it was hypocritical for Rams fans to have enjoyed what Fisher did by trotting out his draft picks (which was aimed at Snyder), but are getting all hurt over what Arians said. I explained to you that being "hypocritical" isn't out of the ordinary and gave you a parallel to ponder. If you beat someone up because they deserved it, you'd be happy about it. If someone else came up to your brother (or any other family member) and beat *them* up, you'd be upset about it. It's still giving or getting a beating, right? So then it's valid to be angered by one and not the other.
For me, if Washington or Arizona trotted out people to the coin toss they got in a trade with us, I'd think it was funny.

If Fisher was directly bagging on another team at the after game press conference (and the "They have bigger problems than the coin toss" remark came CLOSE to that, but he didn't take it any farther), I'd think he was being an unprofessional schmuck.

So no hypocrisy here either.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
For me, if Washington or Arizona trotted out people to the coin toss they got in a trade with us, I'd think it was funny.

If Fisher was directly bagging on another team at the after game press conference (and the "They have bigger problems than the coin toss" remark came CLOSE to that, but he didn't take it any farther), I'd think he was being an unprofessional schmuck.

So no hypocrisy here either.
Not only that but Fisher was asked about it by the media. It's not like he went to the podium right after kicking their ass 24-0 and said "Well, they obviously have bigger problems than a coin toss...Hows that trade working out for you Snyder?"

Its amazing to me how some folks don't see the obvious difference in sportsmanship here.

Athos

Legend
BA can still suck a fat one.

That bitch called out another team fucked up both of his QBs. "Real defense?" Say what? Being humble when you win is called being grown the fuck up.

Again, you don't to air that shit to the media. Air it to the locker room. He was a petulant whiny child. His team isn't the first winning team to get "disrespected" or whatever. And the Rams are the best losing record team in the NFL and would be at 10+ wins in any other division. He wasn't playing a slouch. And the Rams D has been among the best this season.

That fat fuck needs to win a playoff game first. Doubt we see it though. And the Cardinals hardly have a dynasty in the works. They have a short window.

fancents86

Starter
Well, at least he was nice enough to give us a better record when talking shyt to us.

Blue font

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This Dick, Arians, is really starting to piss me off. I hope the Rams put a BIG circle around our games with the Cards next year, ( know I'm going to!) and Stomps them into the Turf!!:mad:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
This Dick, Arians, is really starting to pee pee me off. I hope the Rams put a BIG circle around our games with the Cards next year, ( know I'm going to!) and Stomps them into the Turf!!:mad:
Yeah, really makes me want to attend the game against them in STL next year and sit behind their bench.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yeah, really makes me want to attend the game against them in STL next year and sit behind their bench.
Me too! and I'd take-up Chewing Tabaco again for the event! I used to be able to spit quite some distance!!;):D

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

My take?

Arians was trying to back up his players... he felt they were disrepected by the media because the Rams were favored - even though the records were far apart - and the media was talking more about the Rams defense than his.

Now... IMO, he went over the line calling out Fisher's record, but that seems to be what he is...

Trotting out the draft picks in Washington? I couldn't interpret that any other way than shoving their noses in it. It wasn't backing up plyaers, it was just shoving it up their butts.

Personally, I didn't like it. Showed a lack of professionalism to me.

Bottom line: I'd like it if both coaches spent less time talking. :)

Last edited:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The only thing that pisses me off about Bruce Arians is that the Rams have to face him twice a year.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Q:What do you have to say to all those who picked St Louis to beat you last week?
A:You still have to play the game. Lots of people talk, we don't so we don't have to worry about cashing bad checks.

Q:Why do you think your team has so many doubters?
A:When you have a team that has as many injuries as ours, people doubt you. We play by the next man up mantra. We play a lot young guys in the preseason because we know injuries will happen. We are prepared for them.

Q: Now that you're on your third string qb against Seattle's vaunted secondary, do you plan to use him as a game manager or sling it.
A: we have a game plan for Seattle, and that doesn't change based on our qb. We don't do any of that game manager bs, we're gonna sling it.

Q: You've had a lot of success in Az, and Indy before that, why do you think it took you so long to get a head coaching job?
A: I don't have an answer to that. I always thought I had the talent, but you don't always get the opportunity. There are a lot of guys in the NFL like that.

I expected him to talk a lot of bs, but he came off as fairly calm, supremely confident and one hell of a head coach. Thought I'd share since they started off talking about us.

I think the reason Arians had to wait so long for his HC job is obvious.

He has no interest in being politically correct.
He is blunt to a fault. Owners, media, and some fans usually don't react well to that.

Look, no one on this, or any other board is a bigger Ram fan than yours truly. But I've gotta say I respect the hell out of Bruce Arians, so far.

Consider this...

His players would run through a brick wall for him.
He is rarely, if ever, outcoached.
He overcomes injury and suspension adversity like few coaches I have ever seen.
He constantly beats teams that are considered better than his own.

He would NOT be my first choice to negotiate peace in the Middle East. Lol.

But I would love to have him as my HC.

Kudos to Keim and the Cards for hiring him.