Arians on PTI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Q:What do you have to say to all those who picked St Louis to beat you last week?
A:You still have to play the game. Lots of people talk, we don't so we don't have to worry about cashing bad checks.

Q:Why do you think your team has so many doubters?
A:When you have a team that has as many injuries as ours, people doubt you. We play by the next man up mantra. We play a lot young guys in the preseason because we know injuries will happen. We are prepared for them.

Q: Now that you're on your third string qb against Seattle's vaunted secondary, do you plan to use him as a game manager or sling it.
A: we have a game plan for Seattle, and that doesn't change based on our qb. We don't do any of that game manager bs, we're gonna sling it.

Q: You've had a lot of success in Az, and Indy before that, why do you think it took you so long to get a head coaching job?
A: I don't have an answer to that. I always thought I had the talent, but you don't always get the opportunity. There are a lot of guys in the NFL like that.

I expected him to talk a lot of bs, but he came off as fairly calm, supremely confident and one hell of a head coach. Thought I'd share since they started off talking about us.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
He's a Punk that bumps his gums once the game is over.And that's a pitiful punk in my book,can't wait til our Rams beat them down without mercy.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's a Punk that bumps his gums once the game is over.And that's a pitiful punk in my book,can't wait til our Rams beat them down without mercy.
Actually his point was he doesn't talk trash, his team just plays and wins. He said everyone else can talk as long as they continue to win.
I'm starting to think his rant after the game was more about a lack of respect for his team than really blasting the Rams.
I still wanna beat the brakes off their ass next year though

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Actually his point was he doesn't talk trash, his team just plays and wins. He said everyone else can talk as long as they continue to win.
I'm starting to think his rant after the game was more about a lack of respect for his team than really blasting the Rams.
I still wanna beat the brakes off their ass next year though
Yeah I thought most of his postgame comments were more directed towards the media. Had he made those comments after playing another team, I (and probably lots of others) would have loved it. This might be my new favorite rivalry.

Mick

Pro Bowler
well we didn't beat them down this season...if he wants to talk, he's earned it on the field...got no problem with him...hell of a coach.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I hope the First game is close but I want the second one to be a blowout.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah I thought most of his postgame comments were more directed towards the media. Had he made those comments after playing another team, I (and probably lots of others) would have loved it. This might be my new favorite rivalry.
No. It was classless and weak. If Arians feels the need to call out the media in need of respect fine, but act like a professional and leave the opponent you just beat by six points out of it.

If those words had come out of Belicheks, Harbaughs or Carrolls mouth under those very same circumstances...this board would have erupted, and the Mob would have formed instantly and not let up one iota.

Just a reminder, AZ swept us this season. No one else did. Not Seattle or SF. Now their HC has called our team's win-loss record and defense out in the press. Harbaugh and Carroll have been quiet.
So to Rams Nation....
200.gif

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
He's talking trash while saying he doesn't talk trash.

I guess I can safely post here that I don't post on Rams fan boards.
Lol, I get your point but I hope you see mine as well(y)

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Lol, I get your point but I hope you see mine as well(y)
I see your point, but don't see his.

As the great Seamus McFly once opined "Empty words from an empty man."

As well, as the old saying doesn't go, a waste is a terrible thing to mind.

Mick

Pro Bowler
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in shit (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
No. It was classless and weak. If Arians feels the need to call out the media in need of respect fine, but act like a professional and leave the opponent you just beat by six points out of it.

If those words had come out of Belicheks, Harbaughs or Carrolls mouth under those very same circumstances...this board would have erupted, and the Mob would have formed instantly and not let up one iota.

Just a reminder, AZ swept us this season. No one else did. Not Seattle or SF. Now their HC has called our team's win-loss record and defense out in the press. Harbaugh and Carroll have been quiet.
I guess you can see it that way. I choose to see it as an indictment of the media. They picked a team with a losing record to beat a team with a damn good one and it pissed him off. I think that's understandable.
I'm not supporting the guy by any stretch, just saying I see his point.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in crap (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?
A. That wasn't "rubbing someone's face in shit". Like at all. If circumstances were reversed, I'd be laughing at anyone who took real offense to it and hoping they'd eventually learn to take a joke. He also sends out free agent pickups against the team they were formerly on.

B. Far different thing than bagging on an opponent's team after the game.

Mick

Pro Bowler
A. That wasn't "rubbing someone's face in crap". Like at all. If circumstances were reversed, I'd be laughing at anyone who took real offense to it and hoping they'd eventually learn to take a joke. He also sends out free agent pickups against the team they were formerly on.

B. Far different thing than bagging on an opponent's team after the game.
From your view sure...the team captain wasn't..but you aint the skins....look, all Arians did was speak the truth...I just don't get the anger at him...we are an 8-8 team...at least at best...for the past decade...the guy was spot on....hate him all ya want...he is right

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
wait...so it's ok for our coach to rub someone's face in crap (sending out draft picks for a trade) but ya get all hurt when another coach calls it like he sees it? seems a bit....oh....hypocritical?

Not really. Fisher running those playrs out there for the coin toss was not a comment on Washingtons coaches or players. He was jabbing the owner, and most believe it was for his friend Shanahan.

Bruce Arrogant was trash talking the Rams players. On top of that he openly criticized officials for not calling offensive holding when his Oline was holding worse than the Rams. He came across to me as a disrespectful whiny bitch.

All he should have said is, the Rams have a good team. They played us tough. We were able to come out of the defensive struggle with a few more points. He showed poor sportsmanship. He is a jerk and the only coach this year that I recall acting that way after playing the Rams.

Why didn't he get a head coaching job until now? Probably because he is not too likable.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
From your view sure...the team captain wasn't..but you aint the skins....look, all Arians did was speak the truth...I just don't get the anger at him...we are an 8-8 team...at least at best...for the past decade...the guy was spot on....hate him all ya want...he is right
Not sure any Redskins expressed anger at it, but like I said, if we had made the trade, and the Redskins trotted out the players they got from it for the coin toss, I'd think it was funny still.

And if you don't find Arians' comments directly calling us a bad team unprofessional, there's nothing I can say to convince you otherwise.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I was surprised how much the talking heads were pumping up the Rams and that had me worried going into that game and my fears were obviously realized. Had the Cards come in with all the talk being about them and focus on them, they probably don't play their A game on D, but their D played with a chip on their shoulder with our D getting so much attention.

Mick

Pro Bowler
too much haterade....he isn't likeable? yeah..I can see his players hate him..his team's fans hate him...his owner no doubtedly hates him....I think the one's that really hate him are you guys ...lol...isn't likable....too funny. He is a hell of a coach, and he told it like it is....I respect that....oh, and his team did beat us twice..he has earned it....and finally, yeah, running players out there is an attempt to embarrass another franchise....despite claims otherwise....hence the over reporting on it....it was blatant....

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
BA knows he needs to enjoy it now. His best player is slowing, his starter is injured again after being resigned. I'm sure he knows or at least has a sinking feeling that we are about 2 to 3 players away from taking this division. He's doing a great job this year, but we even have a moderate off-season and the Cardinals time is done.