Arians may retire

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Too bad if it happens, love to hate the guy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...s-believe-hell-weigh-retirement-after-season/

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has endured two health scares this season and, after contemplating retirement a few years ago, some in the coaching community expect him to do the same again this winter. Arians' health has been a concern in the past and he has talked of fearing for his life at times in past years due to health complications.

Arians has done a tremendous job with the Cardinals, and a team official compared any rumors of him possibly retiring after the season to an internet hoax, inferring they lacked any merit. But many coaches who know Arians, 64, well believe he will reconsider his career path after the season and assert that some in the coach's family will urge him to retire.

Arians, a cancer survivor, was hospitalized Nov. 21 and released shortly thereafter. He was also hospitalized in the preseason when the Cardinals were training in San Diego.

Arians is signed through the 2018 season and has been a bedrock through this difficult season, with the Cardinals in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs after reaching the NFC Championship Game last season. He and Bill Belichick are the second-oldest coaches in the NFL, to Pete Carroll (65). Arians has forged a strong alliance with Cardinals general manager Steve Keim, with the franchise attaining a rare stretch of sustained success.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Great, He'll retire and the Cardinals will hire one of the great young coaches that are available and we'll be stuck in loser hell with Fisher.:banghead:

Q729

Legend
I guess he couldn't take Fisher getting an extension either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Maybe he just needs to get in shape, a la Rex Ryan or Greg Williams. If his arteries are all clogged up though, he better sit the rest of his years out on the Lazy Boy

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Being an NFL HC is a tough gig.

I don't wish physical harm on any opposing player or coach.

I've had some flatulence that would qualify as a war crime that I wouldn't mind crop dusting Belichick with..., but other than that lack of etiquette...

Hope Arians takes care of himself. We only get the one life.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Arians isn't going anywhere
He is just getting pumped up for next season.....

image.jpeg

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If Arians retires, I think Palmer and Fitz retire too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Crazy stat, he had the Virginia Tech record for rushing TD in a season for a QB, not sure if he still has it. I know that Michael Vick didn't break it

MountainRam

Rookie
Doesn't like Arians arrogance. But a good coach. Hope he has a long and healthy retirement.

A55VA6

Legend
Arians might retire and Earl Thomas is contemplating retirement after he broke his leg (I doubt he retires though..)

Could shake some things up in the NFC West

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This isn't good news.

Arians could still out coach Fisher from a golf course, sipping on a margarita.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
and then...to continue this 13 year torment for Rams fans, Fisher will get canned here in LA, only to be hired by Arizona...In the desert he finds the ghost of Lombardi and reigns terror on the NFL for 20 years...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
FWIW
Local radio is reporting this Arians retirement story is bogus and unsubstantiated.