Arian Foster fires back at Anheuser-Busch

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

That is nonsense.

I drink probably more then I should on most occasions and I have never beat my wife or kid.

I guess it is just easier to avoid personal responsibility.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That is nonsense.

I drink probably more then I should on most occasions and I have never beat my wife or kid.

I guess it is just easier to avoid personal responsibility.
And you are a good example as to why the presumption of innocence should rightfully accrue to alcohol consumption.

But that doesn't establish a moral high ground for AB,something IMO can't be created,people die because they use their product at such a rate it's impossible to ignore.
IMO they should shaddup cuz it's better to keep quiet and be thought that open up and prove it.

I btw am huge on responsibility even when it comes to corporations

beej

Rookie
Aside from the beer thing, how many woman have died while hanging around with August busch iv? Just saying. 2 I think.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
If he would have said "Selling poison on that high Clydesdale" I would have liked the quote better.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
If he would have said "Selling poison on that high Clydesdale" I would have liked the quote better.

How's that go? People in glass houses ....................... sumthin bout throwin rocks

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Make no mistake it's intelligence,focus group research ,resources that have enormous manipulative power that overcomes human resistance in such predictable ways it's hard to not consider it criminal Goebbels was an amateur compared to these folks.

Exactly. Pure lack of good.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not bring the Clydesdales into this. I like it when they arrive at Busch 3 every home opener.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
image.jpg

This is the only true Beer 'Real Men' Drink ;0)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Anhueser-Busch is so full of crap. Who the hell cares what they have to say? They gonna quit selling their beer at games and quit buying commercial slots? What a bunch of hypocrites. "Moral" from a beer company... that's something else. They make it sound like Bud and NFL go hand in hand. Not. Even. Close.

They must have been drunk when they issued that statement.

Freak them and people who don't love them game and pretend they really care!

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CodeMonkey asking me to think:
Daydreaming? Who do you think ultimately pays for our entertainment here? You can get the answer in 15 minutes or less.
First of all, I can't do anything in only 15 minutes. It takes longer than that for me to get up and get another cup of coffee. :seizure:
Second of all, the daydreaming refers to you wondering what others are thinking instead of keeping your nose to the grindstone and coming up with your own favorite beer. ;)
It's probably not @CGI_Ram as I'm pretty sure he spends all his extra cash on burgers.
It's probably not @PhxRam because he's too cheap to finance DR RAM's new Hot Babe forum.
It's probably not @The Rammer because we know he's spending all his cash on loose women and Pacifico beer.
I'm going to just guess here and say it's my wife because she seems to have money whenever I need it. :)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm glad someone is standing up against the sudden wave of attention from uninformed or hypocritical people. Foster is exactly right. Alcoholism has to be responsible for thousands of domestic violence cases each month, probably more. Why doesn't someone go out and examine that?

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Love it, and was thinking to myself what moral code are they talking about?? There are thousands of companies that make beer and no offense but Budweiser is not really a very good beer IMO.
Budweiser is in violation of the 1516 purity laws. It's not beer as beer has been defined for 498 years now.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm glad someone is standing up against the sudden wave of attention from uninformed or hypocritical people. Foster is exactly right. Alcoholism has to be responsible for thousands of domestic violence cases each month, probably more. Why doesn't someone go out and examine that?
The people committing the crimes are responsible. Alcohol impairs judgement, but the people are still to blame.
I've made many, many mistakes in my younger days under the influence, but I was still responsible for my actions.

The next time one of us starts a thread on what we are drinking while watching the game I guess we are all just as hypocritical if these are the parallels we are going to draw.

:cheers: These damn smileys are about to go home and beat their children and wives, they're drinking a beer!

Oh what that? Adrian Peterson beat his child and Ray Rice beat his wife? Yes, let's deflect from that and go after a sponsor that says they don't condone that. Good for you Arian Foster! That poor Adrian Peterson needs your support.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Exactly. Pure lack of good.
Well no, because there is no absence of "good" ,responsible use of alcohol isn't that, what I find to be inherently criminal is the use of known studied heavily funded campaigns specifically designed to hold out illusory benefits of the use Miller Light currently has a campaign that basically says "drink Miller Light and you'll get laid" Bud light has a campaign "Up for whatever " that implies all things are possible using their product.

Whereas ego formed people can and do see their way through these types of campaigns , truly ego formed people are more rare than one would hope .
JMO there is a difference between people who supply a desired product ,like the micro breweries do I call them suppliers and hold them in equal esteem to a user which I too am,I like Budweiser beer BTW at particular times (has to be very hot ) and enjoy Jameson whiskey when it's cold .

To me the monster corps like AB,Miller and all those who do the type of market research where they come up with those add campaigns that appeal to human weakness in such measure cross a line ( and face it we all draw lines ) what they become in my mind is pushers and as Steppenwolf said "Goddamn the pusher man"

BTW this is my "last call" in this thread , KNOWING my views are pretty radical I'd rather not press further

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1 having trouble with his vision:
:cheers: These damn smileys are about to go home and beat their children and wives, they're drinking a beer!

What do you have against root beer?
images

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Three things.

Free speech. Foster can say what he wants, and so can AB. The NFL is at it's heart a business so it's going to pay attention to it's big money sponsors.

Personal responsibility. Pretty self explanatory. Trying to deflect onto a sponsor is lame.

There are far more quality citizens in the NFL than bad ones. Lots of charity work and donations. Foster and others would be better off pointing out that good work than circling the wagons for wife and child beaters. IMO