Arian Foster and Charles Johson both just released

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Texans officially move on from Arian Foster
5469.jpg

Texans released RB Arian Foster.

Foster was healthy for only four games last year and has missed 23 games over the past three seasons. His release saves $6.625 million in cap space. Foster is entering his age-30 season and wasn't worth keeping around. His effectiveness is in question coming off a torn Achilles, but he should draw starting interest if healthy. With Alfred Blue and Jonathan Grimes as in-house options, the Texans will replace Foster through the draft or free agency.
Mar 3 - 10:11 AM

Panthers release Charles Johnson, save $11M
4245.jpg

Panthers released LE Charles Johnson.

The move saves $11 million, but leaves $4.02 million in dead money. Johnson had just one sack and missed seven games to injury last year. With Josh Norman's looming extension, the Panthers couldn't afford to keep him. Carolina will move forward with Kony Ealy as their top pass rusher. 29-year-old Johnson joins Mario Williams at the top of the defensive end market.
Mar 3 - 9:51 AM

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Damn they both fell off fast. Johnson isn't even that old and he was a monster just a couple years ago. Would anyone take a flier on him?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That sucks for Arian Foster. Dude is really smart. When he had twitter he would post some real thought provoking things, plus troll the media at times.

Hope he catches on somewhere. Hell, I wouldnt mind him in LA as a backup to Todd Gurley, but I don't think that'll happen lol.

Crazy that guys like him, Mario Williams, Charles Johnson, Chris Long, JL, etc are being cut. I remember watching all these guys being drafted.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That stinks for Johnson. He gets so close to the big one and they lose and now he is off the team. He has to be wondering if that was his one and only shot.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Damn they both fell off fast. Johnson isn't even that old and he was a monster just a couple years ago. Would anyone take a flier on him?
IDK! They're both a little long in the tooth, in my way of thinking. I'd pass on them both!