Are we going to be forced on Hard Knocks now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
There is waaaaay to many stories we have to not be on the show: Michael Sam, Sam Bradford, our front 7, our two premier picks we just made, our WR's up and coming, Brian Quick, Safety battle, Janoris Jenkins, Kenny Britt, our FA cb that got kicked off FSU, our pick that was a Janitor in 2012 at dome, Les Snead's hair and 'the stache'.... com on plenty to talk about if we are on Hard Knocks!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It's ratings would reach new heights if they interview Sam a couple times. No question we're the front runners from a money stand point.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I sincerely hope not. While it would be cool for me to see that much detail on the training camp, the Rams don't need the distraction.

The idea that a team can be forced to do it is unfortunately only a minor example of Goodell's all consuming need for radical rectal cranialectomy.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I sincerely hope not. While it would be cool for me to see that much detail on the training camp, the Rams don't need the distraction.

The idea that a team can be forced to do it is unfortunately only a minor example of Goodell's all consuming need for radical rectal cranialectomy.

Worst argument to make.

Again, this show distracted the Jets all the way to the AFC Championship game.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Worst argument to make.

Again, this show distracted the Jets all the way to the AFC Championship game.
Correlation doesn't imply causation, you know.

Maybe it won't have an effect on the bottom line but it's still at least a potential distraction, and I'd really rather the Rams were spared. Since otherwise, why is no one volunteering for it?

MrMotes

Starter
The NFL forces teams to do a lot of stuff, lots of PR stuff.

There's no real evidence that being on Hard Knocks hurts or helps a team, so i'm all for the Rams doing it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Correlation doesn't imply causation, you know.

Maybe it won't have an effect on the bottom line but it's still at least a potential distraction, and I'd really rather the Rams were spared. Since otherwise, why is no one volunteering for it?
Why does not wanting to do it mean it's a distraction? That's any easy thing for a team/coach to say just because they don't like the exposure. It's also something that is just another cliche thing that gets attached and gets us fans believing.

Look at the teams that have been on it. The bad teams were simply bad teams. The mediocre teams were mediocre. And the good teams were good. Being on that show didn't change anything, positively nor negatively. The "distraction" is completely over hyped.

Seriously...would Cliff Hutchinson been a better QB for the Cowboys had Hardknocks not been in Dallas that year? Would the Jet's have won the Super Bowl that year? Or would Chad Johnson not had a domestic situation?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Why does not wanting to do it mean it's a distraction? That's any easy thing for a team/coach to say just because they don't like the exposure. It's also something that is just another cliche thing that gets attached and gets us fans believing.

Look at the teams that have been on it. The bad teams were simply bad teams. The mediocre teams were mediocre. And the good teams were good. Being on that show didn't change anything, positively nor negatively. The "distraction" is completely over hyped.

Seriously...would Cliff Hutchinson been a better QB for the Cowboys had Hardknocks not been in Dallas that year? Would the Jet's have won the Super Bowl that year? Or would Chad Johnson not had a domestic situation?
Honestly, if you don't believe it'd be a distraction, there's nothing I can say that'll convince you otherwise.

I just hope it doesn't happen.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
You want to bet on that? That is one thing that will give them huge attention/ratings
I think they'd be focused on one hell of a football team. One hell of a defense, and a qb coming off an acl

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I just don't want this young team anywhere near the national spotlight. Young people do stupid shit. Thats fine,but when they've got an audience....?
Then there's the Gregg Williams factor. F all that.
There'll be plenty of exposure with the Sam pick, and the fact that we just had a tremendous draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I just don't want this young team anywhere near the national spotlight. Young people do stupid crap. Thats fine,but when they've got an audience....?
Then there's the Gregg Williams factor. F all that.
There'll be plenty of exposure with the Sam pick, and the fact that we just had a tremendous draft.
Aww, look. Our first disagreement.

Go make me a turkey pot pie .... BITCH.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Aww, look. Our first disagreement.

Go make me a turkey pot pie .... BITCH.
200.gif