Are We Done?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
As good as we are playing right now, even if we make the playoffs, we aren't going to win the superbowl this year. But, we can still finish 9-7 and have the first winning record since Martz was here. No joke.

Really? If we're in it we could win it. Green Bay and New England would beat us 7 times out of 10 - but theres always that 3 times!

T-Hawks

UDFA
There is one wildcard spot left for us. Dallas or Philly has it locked from us because they both beat us. We need the lions and Seahawks from here on out to lose and us to win every game.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
There is one wildcard spot left for us. Dallas or Philly has it locked from us because they both beat us. We need the lions and Seahawks from here on out to lose and us to win every game.
Yes, but I believe the tie breaker is different than head-to-head if there is more than a 2way tie.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Is it head to head or conference record in the tiebreaker? Which comes first?

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Here's a fun "possible" scenario that has a 3-way tie and Rams sneaking in.

It relies on a 3-way tie of Rams, Detroilet and Cowgirls at 9-7.

Philly, GB, NO, Seattle, AZ all in then Rams win tiebreaker --
  • 6th Seed - St. Louis
    Wins tie break over Detroit based on strength of victory. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games.
Not sure this is the correct way to resolve a 3-way tie but the machine says so, so I'm hanging onto it as I dream tonight...

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
You can stick a fork in us I hate to say..

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
If Seattle, Dallas, Lions AND Seahawks all lose out, here's what the ESPN machine says about tie-breakers:
  • 5th Seed - St. Louis
    Wins tie break over Detroit based on strength of victory. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Seattle (St. Louis wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage).
  • 6th Seed - Seattle
    Wins tie break over Detroit based on best win percentage in common games. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
If Seattle, Dallas, Lions AND Seahawks all lose out, here's what the ESPN machine says about tie-breakers:
  • 5th Seed - St. Louis
    Wins tie break over Detroit based on strength of victory. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Seattle (St. Louis wins tie break over Seattle based on head-to-head win percentage).
  • 6th Seed - Seattle
    Wins tie break over Detroit based on best win percentage in common games. Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games.

Thank u. We win out, they lose out, we are in. Better than out.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I just realized we have to hope the Seahawks lose next week, to the niners. Ugh that's gonna be hard hoping the niners win.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Thank u. We win out, they lose out, we are in. Better than out.
There is still a scenario where the Rams are in if the Cowboys win a game.

I *think* the way it comes down is both of the following happening:
-Detroit MUST lose out and finish 9-7
-Seattle OR Dallas must lost out and finish 9-7

Detroit plays Minnesota at home next week, which likely ends the dream. Go Teddy B.!
If somehow MIN upsets, the Lions have to lose at Chicago (in the snow?) and at GB (resting their starters?).

And meanwhile Seattle or Dallas has to choke... Dallas could easily lose to Eagles and Colts, but plays Washington in week 17 so that might be their win.

That leaves us rooting for Seattle to lose against SF, AZ and setting up an epic final game for the Rams!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
There is still a scenario where the Rams are in if the Cowboys win a game.

I *think* the way it comes down is both of the following happening:
-Detroit MUST lose out and finish 9-7
-Seattle OR Dallas must lost out and finish 9-7

Detroit plays Minnesota at home next week, which likely ends the dream. Go Teddy B.!
If somehow MIN upsets, the Lions have to lose at Chicago (in the snow?) and at GB (resting their starters?).

And meanwhile Seattle or Dallas has to choke... Dallas could easily lose to Eagles and Colts, but plays Washington in week 17 so that might be their win.

That leaves us rooting for Seattle to lose against SF, AZ and setting up an epic final game for the Rams!

Detroit play CHI in two weeks, too. No way they lose, Bears are bad.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Detroit play CHI in two weeks, too. No way they lose, Bears are bad.

Just like there was no way the 49ers were going to lose to the Raiders today?

The only thing I am 100% sure that I know about professional football...nothing ever goes 100% to the script.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So that was a legit fumble by Kelce? How many times have we all seen a tuck and roll and toss the ball with a 1st down signal by the receiver? In this case Kelce. Seriously what am I missing?
Yeah that was straight up bullshit. AZ getting all those calls this season. KC was going in to score the game winner. Got fucked. Obvious blown call.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Just like there was no way the 49ers were going to lose to the Raiders today?

The only thing I am 100% sure that I know about professional football...nothing ever goes 100% to the script.

We can only hope man

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Really? If we're in it we could win it. Green Bay and New England would beat us 7 times out of 10 - but theres always that 3 times!

There would be a tiny chance yes, but we aren't quite there yet. Next year, I would say yes.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yes. But we need Seattle and one of Green Bay or Detroit to lose out. That seems unlikely. And we need to win out. Also possibly unlikely.

So.....you're telling me........oh never effing mind.

Big Willie

Starter
If we win out, we will have the first winning season in like....forever. I will take that as a move in the right direction!