Are we cursed?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldramfan

bigramfan1966
With the new injuries to Long and Quick I have to ask myself that question. I entered this season with real hope that we would make the playoffs because I thought we could finally compete in the trenches with the whiners and sea gnats. I think Fisher and Snead have done a good job in upgrading the talent on this team but I feel like we are always on the outside looking in. What is it going to take to get us a season where we stay healthy? From my point of view the only coaching change i would like to see is a new OC. I don't know how to react to this latest news except to say we have been cursed.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I honestly didn't think we'd be a playoff team. I thought we'd struggle to win 8. But I didn't think we'd be this bad. Must be a curse.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't know about cursed but the Rams have been bad the last couple of decades.

Still, if given the choice of long term futility for that one Superbowl win, or consistently competitive but always falling short, which would you take?

I'll take the ring.

Just knowing they won that--in my lifetime, that I got to see it...that's something they can't take away.

Just the same, I wouldn't mind them having a few more winning seasons and playoff appearances. It wouldn't spoil me.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Personally, not a believer of curses.... But I do believe in putting yourself in a higher percentage to fail. And I believe the Rams have done this year after year.

The one thing that continues to drive me crazy is the managements failure in bringing in some veterans that KNOW how to win. We have no one to groom the young guys or show them what it takes to prepare and compete week to week.

Give me a few solid vets that can change habits of these younger guys behind the scenes. Game prep, practice habits, watching film, taking care of your body, etc. and I would be thrilled!

Year after year we stay young. Our young guys are slowly turning into vets and will share what little they know to the rookies. And the cycle will continue.

If you take a close look at our roster even the "vets" have never had a track record of winning. I just don't see it getting better until this changes.

IMO this is the reason for the huge fluctuations in quarter to quarter, half to half and week to week performances. I just hope it changes!

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't think that we're cursed necessarily. I just think that every year every team's management has to roll the dice somewhere. Whether that be starting a rookie here, signing this veteran there, etc ...

This year, we definitely took our chances on the offensive line. It's pretty obvious with they way the drafted Robinson and then got him plenty of practice at both tackle and guard. Right now, sadly that looks like good thinking. I they did have more talent overall throughout the line.

Other than that, I'll say, difficult division and a ridiculously difficult schedule. It doesn't take rocket science to figure out that this young Fisher team has been slow out of the gate, so if you're the NFL and you like your whipping boys to be whipping boys, you may put the toughest games later when this teams finally gets going. Between that and the calls we've seen earlier, well I think there is a ring of truth to what the NFL wants to see happens for it's big market teams, this all being about money in the end.

Sorry for the digression, but I do believe the obvious risks, outside of the offensive line are at line backer. I just think it really falls apart in the worst way for this team should an injury happen to Laurinaitis. I knew that this team was in a bad way and not really able to just go out and built depth at every unit, but eventually this needs to be addressed.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Absolutely. You can't have the futility we've had for this long and not be cursed. We can never, ever turn the corner. Always re-building. Always injuries. Refs screw us constantly. Another example - we get a great young kicker who is lights out and nailing everything in site, and now even he sucks. We'll need a new QB next year and rebuild the line again. Just when you think the defense is a top 5, with Greg Williams.... now our defense is giving up 34 points a game. How do you explain all of this.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I know a lot of people talk about the Georgia Frontiere faustian pact with the Devil cursing the Rams in exchange for 1 superbowl win...but its usually brought up by the LA trolls and I don't want to get in trouble....so I wont mention it.

Athos

Legend
I've come to be convinced of divine karma for the piss poor treatment of Kurt Warner by the previous FO regime.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I've come to be convinced of divine karma for the pee pee poor treatment of Kurt Warner by the previous FO regime.

I don't see that. We gave him a shot, he rewarded us with a SB. We rewarded him with enough money that his family will never need worry about money. He gave us another SB run. Then he got injured and his backup got a hot hand. He came back too soon and it really took him years to recover. Let's not forget his wife basically calling out his boss, which has never ended well for anyone ever. One could argue Martz's play book caused him to be over abused, but then it was those plays that made him into a HOF QB. So I suppose one could make a case he was mistreated, but a better one could be made that we gave him the chance to turn a career bagging groceries into a HOF career.

What I really think happened is that the baseball Cardinals sacrificed the success of both the Blues and the Rams in their own selfish quest for domination. Blue font here of course.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
We really should retire KW's number though. Givens is totally running it into the ground. And it's the right thing to do. Some of the others should be considered as well.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
The only curse this team has is it's own string of poor decisions.

They've made some decisions that I thought were good at the time but turned out not to be as well as many I was confused about at the time and seemed to be true.

It's becoming harder and harder not to question and judge everyone involved with this organization top to bottom.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
All I know is I know this feeling of numbness way too well. Talking about next year in mid-season is just part of being a Rams fan. I guess we should just accept the fact that this is who we are forever.

It's the Spygate Curse.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't know about cursed but the Rams have been bad the last couple of decades.

Still, if given the choice of long term futility for that one Superbowl win, or consistently competitive but always falling short, which would you take?

I'll take the ring.

Just knowing they won that--in my lifetime, that I got to see it...that's something they can't take away.

Just the same, I wouldn't mind them having a few more winning seasons and playoff appearances. It wouldn't spoil me.
I look at it this way, in my life-time, the Ram's have played in 5 Championship games (3 in the SB era) and we've Won 3! But they're Too Far between for me! And we had a period in the 60's and 70's where we were Consistently Competitive, actually dominant, and keep falling short! I prefer the later, right now! But I want more "Championships", It's on my "Bucket List!!":D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I always blamed Georgia Frontiere for everything, however, those days are gone. Was psyched when Kroenke purchased the Rams with all his billions, however, Stan is laissez faire to a fault. I've run out of answers for example I usually have a list of Head Coaches I would like and right now that list for me does not exist.

I have a novel concept maybe if you started winning more often you would not have to keep thinking of relocating every 20 years.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I have 3 kids, one in college, and in their lifetimes the Rams have won a Super Bowl, the 49ers have not. That's enough of a reminder that there is light and good in the football world to keep me surviving through this.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m on board with this “curse” theory and believe Georgia Frontiere is the root of all evil...
200.gif

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I know a lot of people talk about the Georgia Frontiere faustian pact with the Devil cursing the Rams in exchange for 1 superbowl win...but its usually brought up by the LA trolls and I don't want to get in trouble....so I wont mention it.
Probably should have been in blue font.

Now - the question is however, did Georgia and Shaw piss off the entire NFL when they sued in the face of league opposition? Sure seems like it at times.