Are these our 2018 draft picks since the Peters/Quinn trades ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm assuming the picks will be used in two ways - one or two used to facilitate trade ups combined with other picks, to ensure that somebody falling they really like will be taken by the Rams. But most of them will likely be used to draft players who they feel fit their systems, and can be trained up to be useful role players and depth. The Rams are short of depth that actually fits the 3-4, for instance.
I agree with this.
Their are exceptions of course but the overall arc of players taken late isent great. Trading up makes sense. Of course, if they draft like last year it's all good.

nighttrain

Legend
Humble request : given how intense our offseason is being so far, it would be really great to have the updated list of draft picks on the home page of the site, below the 2018 schedule.
and add how the draft goes
train

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I agree with this.
Their are exceptions of course but the overall arc of players taken late isent great. Trading up makes sense. Of course, if they draft like last year it's all good.

Some good fits with Wades 34 D that might be considered as added depth @ ILB'er to go with Bryce Hager below:

ILB Josey Jewell would be a great 4th rd. pick.
ILB Tegray Scales would be a decent 5th rd. pick.
Both ILB'ers Micah Kiser & Jake Cichy would be good depth as late 6th rd. picks

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Some good fits with Wades 34 D that might be considered as added depth @ ILB'er to go with Bryce Hager below:

ILB Josey Jewell would be a great 4th rd. pick.
ILB Tegray Scales would be a decent 5th rd. pick.
Both ILB'ers Micah Kiser & Jake Cichy would be good depth as late 6th rd. picks
No way Kiser is there in the 6th, much less late in the round. I love the kid's skill set but he's gone by the 5th.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No way Kiser is there in the 6th, much less late in the round. I love the kid's skill set but he's gone by the 5th.
34 inside LB'ers usually do fall a bit Ramhusker but your right he would be a dandy third day selection!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
This is all confusing and...inaccurate. You are getting some bad info from those sites.

They simply are as in the dark as we are. For example, I keep seeing the Rams at #111 in most sites/posts. It was my understanding that we would not receive their actual pick, but a lower compensatory pick.

Also note that the Talib trade does not seem to be factored in because I believe we gave up our 5th for him and next year's 7th.

I am certainly open to the possibility of being wrong because it would favor the Rams, but I think we only have 8-9 picks (still confused about those late 6th rounders) with no picks in the 2nd, 5th, and 7th.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is all confusing and...inaccurate. You are getting some bad info from those sites.

They simply are as in the dark as we are. For example, I keep seeing the Rams at #111 in most sites/posts. It was my understanding that we would not receive their actual pick, but a lower compensatory pick.

Also note that the Talib trade does not seem to be factored in because I believe we gave up our 5th for him and next year's 7th.

I am certainly open to the possibility of being wrong because it would favor the Rams, but I think we only have 8-9 picks (still confused about those late 6th rounders) with no picks in the 2nd, 5th, and 7th.
Nobody here will know for sure until it formally announced in about 15 minutes!!!(y);):D

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hence why almost everybody in this thread at one time or another said it’s speculation and we won’t know for sure until today at the earliest.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And just for reference this guy seems to be really good at predicting comp picks here's his early analysis for 2019.

View: https://twitter.com/nickkorte/status/974120461465305088

Me LIKE!!

3qaitle.jpg