Are these our 2018 draft picks since the Peters/Quinn trades ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Don't we own 196 also? We had three Rd 6 picks before all this craziness began right? Then we got one from KC, swapped one with Miami, and got one from Giants. That's 5 using old math.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't we own 196 also? We had three Rd 6 picks before all this craziness began right? Then we got one from KC, swapped one with Miami, and got one from Giants. That's 5 using old math.

giphy.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

yeah, that's what i thought.

one from buffalo, one from the lions, one from the chiefs, one from the giants and one of their own. that makes 5.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I’m sensing a trade up on draft day.

Would love a trade up. But honestly trading back (not too far back) and getting a 2nd rounder to get more traditional draft picks with at least one in each round is my preference.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We swapped 6th round picks in the Quinn trade.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams now have

1) 23
3) 87
4) 111
4) 135
5) 160
6) 176
6) 183
6) 194
6) 195
6) 196

Edit: there could be something else going on with conditions of a separate trade so it could be a later 6th than 176 that we get from the Giants. Still uncertain and we won't know until the 14th at the earliest.

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
As far as trade ammo, I don't think our 6th rounders offer much in the way of trade flexibility in the 1st unless it's a trade down where we give back a 6th or something. It could allow us to move from our spot in the third and both spots in the 4th.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As far as trade ammo, I don't think our 6th rounders offer much in the way of trade flexibility in the 1st unless it's a trade down where we give back a 6th or something. It could allow us to move from our spot in the third and both spots in the 4th.

that's exactly what they're for.

i'll be surprised if the rams make more than 2 picks in the 6th round.

The Ramowl

Starter
Humble request : given how intense our offseason is being so far, it would be really great to have the updated list of draft picks on the home page of the site, below the 2018 schedule.

fearsomefour

Legend
Tom Brady was selected in the sixth round
Yeah yeah.
The fact is of course as the round gets lower the number of picks that stick goes down lower and lower.
Maybe we can trade up, who knows? I'm sure they have a plan.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah yeah.
The fact is of course as the round gets lower the number of picks that stick goes down lower and lower.
Maybe we can trade up, who knows? I'm sure they have a plan.

I'm assuming the picks will be used in two ways - one or two used to facilitate trade ups combined with other picks, to ensure that somebody falling they really like will be taken by the Rams. But most of them will likely be used to draft players who they feel fit their systems, and can be trained up to be useful role players and depth. The Rams are short of depth that actually fits the 3-4, for instance.