Are the Steelers a mess?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

muggmeister

Rookie
Until Muggs' post above, I did not realize that the Steelers have not won a playoff game over the prior six seasons (2017-2022). Pittsburgh has averaged ten wins per-year in that period but zero playoff victories.
I haven't been called Muggs since the mid 80's when my Senior Master Sergeant in the Air Force called me by that name. Not the worst thing thing Ive been called in life.:sunglasses:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Everybody wants to communicate how bad the Steelers are, but yet, they are 2-2. When Tomlin has a bad season something like 5-12, then LMK. Otherwise as much as I dislike them, they've had 3 Head Coaches since 1969, THREE!
Yes, but how many playoff wins in the last 12 or so years? Those fans expect more than "non losing seasons".....as well they should.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
IMO Tomlin took over a good team with good but outdated coaching styles. Sure Tomlin has a great nose for defensive players and scheme but his offensive philosophy is lacking, and the only reason why they were good for a time was because of Big Ben. Look no further than Bill Belichick, as soon as he lost Brady it's been a steady decline. Someone else said it here. He's a better Jeff Fisher, 100% agree with that statement.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Steelers made changes to their Oline (that’s in part what led them to trade Dotson). It hasn’t worked out at all.

Pickett was considered an ascending talent in college as he had gotten better each year. He’s supposedly has a high football IQ. However, physical limitations always hold them back at the NFL level.

If a team doesn’t have a good QB and scheme they aren’t going anywhere. Most successful coaches had both, especially the QB. Life after Big Ben has been tough for Tomlin.
This right here^^
QB purgatory is a tough place be.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Yes, but how many playoff wins in the last 12 or so years? Those fans expect more than "non losing seasons".....as well they should.
I agree about their fans, but everyone else communicating the Steelers are not very good, need to focus on other teams that actually have losing records over the last decade. The Chicago Bears, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the New York Jets & the Cleveland Browns, just to post a few.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I agree about their fans, but everyone else communicating the Steelers are not very good, need to focus on other teams that actually have losing records over the last decade. The Chicago Bears, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the New York Jets & the Cleveland Browns, just to post a few.
I hear you, but look at the ownership of those franchises.... The Rooney family.... is not that. They are loyal almost to a fault, but they will not put up with mediocre football forever

TexasRam

Legend
The Steelers are a mess. Probably need to ask who was pounding the table for Harris, Pickett and Allen Robinson for starters.

Then they have some key injuries to Cam Heyward and Diontae Johnson.

Tomlin knows how to get a team dialed in and he is a no nonsense coach who always seems to have them competing even if their talent is lacking or they are dealing with injuries.

But some decisions have been bad and he is the head coach.

Fortunately, they can move on from some of these underachievers since the contracts are rookie contracts or cheap contracts.

They mainly need a top QB and to move on from the Picket Project in my opinion.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah, he's had a terrific run. First 5 years .688. Next 6 years .635. Last 5 years .585. But he hasn't had a playoff win since 2016 (0-3 last 6 years).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But he hasn't had a playoff win since 2016 (0-3 last 6 years).
And the beat goes on, the beat goes on
Drums keep pounding a rhythm to the brain
La de da d, e de, la de da de da