Are the Rams the best 2-3 football team right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who is the best 2-3 team in the league right now?

• Rams

• Browns

• Raiders

• Chargers

• Cowboys

• Redskins

• Eagles

• Bears

• Buccaneers

• Seahawks

Results are only viewable after voting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is anyone else tired of always being the best team with a losing record?

I can't really be tired of something that hasn't happened in a very long time before this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I voted Rams out of obligation, but it would be Seattle, San Diego, and Philly as the next wave for me. Dallas makes the cut once Romo is back.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Best 2-3 team??? Being the best 2-3 team is like being the kinda popular chunky chick who has a great outgoing personality and is friends with the super hot chicks, but in the end, all she is is all personality, no body.

In my eyes, no, we are not the best 2-3 team, not close either. We have the personality, but lack the body.

2-3 = end record of 6-10/7-9. Neither of those make me happy, just like being 2-3. I am done being fine with losses and losing records. Win now or move on.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ya'll are a buncha homers
No Homer about it! we just are!
* The Cowgirls are in a free fall
* Sheattle has No O-Line ( Worse than ours!)
* The Chargers could beat Vick!
YAH! THE RAMS ARE THE BEST 2-3 TEAM!
( I know you used blue font, but I had to use someone as my lead-in! :D:LOL:)

Big Willie

Starter
The Rams lost to the redskins, so no. I would put the Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, and Raiders in that mix too.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It seems like we are the strongest team but we've earned our record. Our defense is arguably the league's best and we can beat anyone if we can get more consistent production from the O. Until then though it's honestly hard to put us ahead of anyone.

Last edited:

V3

Hall of Fame
When your offense is the worst(or near it depending on the metric you use) in the league, no, you're not the best 2-3 team. We have a chance to have one of the better records out of the teams on that list due to the easy schedule for most of the rest of the season, but we aren't the best team. This offense is atrocious.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
With all the Rams talent, I take little solace in moral victories. I don't want to see a new thread in 2 weeks asking: "are the Rams the best 2-4 team?"

It's time to prove the Rams 2-3 best-ness by getting some Ws. Let's get a thread in 6 weeks (5 games against teams with 2 or fewer wins) asking: "are the Rams are the worst 7-3 team?" that they fattened their record on inferior opponents. And then we can bash the OP of that thread for being malcontent.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
With all the Rams talent, I take little solace in moral victories. I don't want to see a new thread in 2 weeks asking: "are the Rams the best 2-4 team?"
I feel the exact same. By no means am I trying to bash people, but I don't know how so many can bash Spags when they follow his mold to such a tee. This is exactly the type of moral victory crap he'd pull. We're the best losers out there, we're so close, if we just stop doing ALL the things we did wrong we'd win.

I agree with your sentiment, at this point I'd rather be the worst winners than the best losers again.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I think so, although the Eagles are catching fire (losing Alonso hurts their defense badly) and the Raiders are developing into a hell of an offense. Seahawks should be in the discussion, although their offense without Lynch has been pretty bad. Their D has come around a bit since Chancellor returned.
The Seahawks ran all over the Bengals last week. I think that's a game Todd Gurley rushes for 300 yards.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Has any team faced a more difficult schedule than ours has been through 5 weeks?

2 home games, against Seattle and Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger.

3 road games against Arizona, Green Bay and an improved Washington.

There aren't many teams out there whose record would be 3-2 during that stretch.
The fact that we could be 4-1 during that stretch, with a new OC, OL, RB and QB has to mean something.

Yes, the Rams are the best 2-3 team out there and I'm being as objective as I can be.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

It's time to prove the Rams 2-3 best-ness by getting some Ws. Let's get a thread in 6 weeks (5 games against teams with 2 or fewer wins) asking: "are the Rams are the worst 7-3 team?" that they fattened their record on inferior opponents. And then we can bash the OP of that thread for being malcontent.
Being 2-4 and coming off a loss to Cleveland would be the furthest thing from a "moral victory," IMO. We've beaten two teams we should have lost to, lost to two teams we should have lost to, and lost to one team we probably should have beaten. And in both of those games against teams we should have lost to, we played them even for much of the game - we came out looking almost on-par with Pittsburgh and Green Bay.

Lose to the Browns, and there's no moral victory. We should beat Cleveland, the '9ers and probably the Vikings. We should definitely beat Chicago at home. Really, the only games that should afford us the possibility of a "moral victory" sans a real victory are at Baltimore, at Cincinnati and at Seattle.

The hot-and-heavy portion of our schedule is over, and while Washington was a moral loss, the fact that we came through with a 2-3 record and looked like at least half of a competent team (the defensive half) against offensive powerhouses Pittsburgh and Green Bay should be something we can build on.

We held the #1 and #5 scoring offenses in the NFL to 22 and 17 points, respectively, and Pittsburgh, which averages 24 points per game, only got 12.

There's a lot of good to take away from our two moral victories, a lot to take away from our two actual victories, and enough to be concerned about from the Washington debacle. Cleveland will either be a win or a loss... it will be a moral nothing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Has any team faced a more difficult schedule than ours has been through 5 weeks?

2 home games, against Seattle and Pittsburgh with Roethlisberger.

3 road games against Arizona, Green Bay and an improved Washington.

There aren't many teams out there whose record would be 3-2 during that stretch.
The fact that we could be 4-1 during that stretch, with a new OC, OL, RB and QB has to mean something.

Yes, the Rams are the best 2-3 team out there and I'm being as objective as I can be.

I'm willing to say that only the Packers, Patriots and Broncos would almost certainly be 3-2 or better. A few other teams could be with some lucky breaks, but most teams would be 2-3 or 1-4 and a handful would be 0-5.

10 wins will happen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Being 2-4 and coming off a loss to Cleveland would be the furthest thing from a "moral victory," IMO. We've beaten two teams we should have lost to, lost to two teams we should have lost to, and lost to one team we probably should have beaten. And in both of those games against teams we should have lost to, we played them even for much of the game - we came out looking almost on-par with Pittsburgh and Green Bay.

Lose to the Browns, and there's no moral victory. We should beat Cleveland, the '9ers and probably the Vikings. We should definitely beat Chicago at home. Really, the only games that should afford us the possibility of a "moral victory" sans a real victory are at Baltimore, at Cincinnati and at Seattle.

The hot-and-heavy portion of our schedule is over, and while Washington was a moral loss, the fact that we came through with a 2-3 record and looked like at least half of a competent team (the defensive half) against offensive powerhouses Pittsburgh and Green Bay should be something we can build on.

We held the #1 and #5 scoring offenses in the NFL to 22 and 17 points, respectively, and Pittsburgh, which averages 24 points per game, only got 12.

There's a lot of good to take away from our two moral victories, a lot to take away from our two actual victories, and enough to be concerned about from the Washington debacle. Cleveland will either be a win or a loss... it will be a moral nothing.

Cleveland Browns
San Francisco 49ers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Bears
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Arizona Cardinals
Detroit Lions
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers

I don't see more than 3 losses, CIN, AZ and SEA. Of course we may beat one of them and lose to a team we should beat but I see 8 wins in the final 11 games.

And I suspect there will be two teams that will get held to under 10 points on O. TAM and DET.

It will be especially gratifying to win the last game of the season and step over the 49ers corpse into the playoffs. :)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted Chargers.

3rd in offensive yards per game.
4th in first downs per game
6th in TOP offense

15th in yards allowed
But, they are near the bottom in scoring allowed.

7th lowest penalty yards per game too.

Overall, I still think they are a very good team.

The Rams? Well, I'm going to start sounding like a broken record but... they lead the league in potential.

Until they convert that to performance on a consistent basis? Can't say they are the best 2-3 team.

Gotsta beat Cleveland!!