Are the Rams Spreading Misinformation?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The Rams have led everyone to believe that they are committed to signing Sam Bradford to long-term extension, but now rumors are swirling saying they are very interested in Johnny Manziel. Florio says maybe the Rams aren’t as sold on Bradford as they are leading people to believe. (2:15)

Watch Florio Talk Rams

jap

Legend
The third straight year of the Fisher-Snead Show, and these fools haven't caught on yet? What NFL team does not indulge in informational misdirection plays before the draft?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Damned if you do...

Maybe they're spreading misinformation about Manziel.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
IMO, I don't see Snead/Fisher wasting a 1st round pick on Maziel. If he dropped, which we all know he won't, into a later round I think they take the risk. They will draft a QB, but not until 3rd-4th round. I think they are posturing to get other teams to trade up and give them more picks. I'm still not convinced we pick at no. 2. I see us dropping a couple spots for a team looking to grab Manziel or Watkins, and we get an O-Lineman, and keep no. 13 for the best athlete available on the defensive side of the ball.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Florio is the guy who said Snead is in trouble in StL. The guy reminds me of Bernie. He's a buffoon.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams remain committed to Bradford

Posted by Mike Florio on May 5, 2014, 2:35 PM EDT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/05/rams-remain-committed-to-bradford/

Yes, the Rams have been doing plenty of homework regarding quarterback Johnny Manziel. Yes, rumors have circulated regarding a possible trade of Sam Bradford.

Yes, the Rams privately insist they nevertheless remain committed to quarterback Sam Bradford.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Rams are doing extensive homework on numerous players, including Manziel. For multiple players, that work includes talking to coaches who worked with those players, even if those coaches at some point left for another job.

For instance, the reported conversations with former Texas A&M assistant coach Kliff Kingsbury encompassed not only Manziel but also Texas A&M receiver Mike Evans and Texas A&M tackle Jake Matthews.

Also, Rams G.M. Les Snead told NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk at the Scouting Combine that the team would fully scout the top quarterbacks in this year’s pool, in order to properly value them if another team decides to trade up to get that player.

The Rams, we’re told, intend to draft a quarterback at some point this year; ultimately, the decision depends on whether the player they want is on the board at the spot where they believe the player merits selection. But Bradford nevertheless remains the starter.

That said, rumors definitely have been circulating that Bradford is available. Jason La Canfora of CBS has said the Rams and Vikings have had conversations about Bradford. Last month, we caught wind of rumors of talks between the Rams and Browns.

Still, the Rams privately insist that there have been no talks regarding a possible trade of Bradford. Even if there were, who would commit $14 million in 2014 base salary to an up-and-down passer who is rehabbing a torn ACL?

That’s reason enough to assume there would be no little or no trade market for Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Also, Rams G.M. Les Snead told NBCSN’s Pro Football Talk at the Scouting Combine that the team would fully scout the top quarterbacks in this year’s pool, in order to properly value them if another team decides to trade up to get that player.
I guess he WOULD do that then. I don't know how this guy has enough hours in the day.

V3

Hall of Fame
If there's misinformation about misinformation, does that make it a reliable source?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If there's misinformation about misinformation, does that make it a reliable source?
You know what they say about double negatives...

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I guess he WOULD do that then. I don't know how this guy has enough hours in the day.

Come on. You know what kind of guy Snead is. The guy is a wild man who can't stand still. His motto is "wake up running and don't be afraid."

It was either Fisher or Demoff who said, every day Les comes in and has a different set of draft scenarios.

Snead must be driving those guys nuts with 1.2 and 1.13 in this deep draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Come on. You know what kind of guy Snead is. The guy is a wild man who can't stand still. His motto is "wake up running and don't be afraid."

It was either Fisher or Demoff who said, every day Les comes in and has a different set of draft scenarios.

Snead must be driving those guys nuts with 1.2 and 1.13 in this deep draft.
This is true. I just didn't think he would dedicate any meaningful time to the art of deception.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
This is true. I just didn't think he would dedicate any meaningful time to the art of deception.

Those 2 extra weeks must be driving him stir crazy.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
And while I know this isn't the absolute "proper thread" the song of the week is still Ted Nugent's Smokescreen............

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I agree and don't think it deception that they're considering every option.

RamEERS

Pastor
Manziel is the biggest punk coming into the draft... you know who was a lesser punk than him? Vince Young..
no way Fisher would draft someone that's worse than VY especially characterwise..

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Manziel is the biggest punk coming into the draft... you know who was a lesser punk than him? Vince Young..
no way Fisher would draft someone that's worse than VY especially characterwise..
And to add to that...

Dave Te Thomas said Manziel is a cross between Ryan Leaf and Justin Bieber.

He was a college student being a college student it's not like he's Jameis Winston.