Are the Rams All in on Sam Bradford in 2015? --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I agree with your agreement. ;)

So the best course of action to me, and it seems to most, is bring back Bradford and hope we get lucky, but have a good backup even if it creates QB controversy later. Though if both Bradford and the backup go down, I'm pretty sure we won't be going anywhere this next season (barring a diamond in the rough Kurt Warner-esque find out of nowhere that is.)

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree with your agreement. ;)

So the best course of action to me, and it seems to most, is bring back Bradford and hope we get lucky, but have a good backup even if it creates QB controversy later. Though if both Bradford and the backup go down, I'm pretty sure we won't be going anywhere this next season (barring a diamond in the rough Kurt Warner-esque find out of nowhere that is.)

God, it would be great to have a backup that creates a QB controversy. Don't think it's happening this year. Think it will be Bradford, one of our backups and a doormat from the draft. *sigh*

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Or if Bradford is healthy, but for whatever reason, he doesn't immediately light it up.

People would be clamoring for whoever #2 is for his prized skill of Not Being Sam Bradford.

I still remember and shake my head at the days where people were calling for Kyle Boller to be started over Bulger.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Hey, can YOU throw a football through the uprights while kneeling on the 50 yard line? ;)

According to Wikipedia, he went to the Raiders in 2010-2011, had a chance at starting, but sucked and they traded for Carson Palmer. Then he signed the Chargers but retired before the season started. So he's available!

lockdnram21

Legend
Haha. Josh Freeman. Please go outside and breath in some fresh air.

Hes actually had a good season in the league. All im saying is try him out and talk to him and see where his head isat. Fisher and snead need to leave no stone unturned. I was reading somewherethat hes been working on making a comeback

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I agree with everything DeMarco Farr said.

Also, the Rams need to look at cheaper, low profile trade options. They might be, i'm just stating it. We all agree the FA crop is crap, and the cost and probability of making some kind of big deal for an established QB isn't good either. Then you have the draft, where the QB class appears to be weak, and we don't have the ammunition to maneuver much even if there was a guy they wanted.

I'd like to see Snead scouring the depth charts around the league, looking for unproven QB's who were recently drafted who haven't had a chance to truly compete yet. These guys could come cheap in a low cost trade. I'd rather bring in one of these guys to compete with Bradford and a draft pick over any FA's out there(although Matt Moore had a decent year once upon a time...Lol).

David Fales, Brock Osweiler, AJ McCarron, Ryan Nassib. Hell even 31 yr old Brandon Weeden who got thrown into the fire and burned just a couple years ago.
Obviously these teams must be willing to deal. Offer up Zac Stacy and a 6th or 7th rounder. Can't hurt to pick up the phone. My point is i hope they're scouring ALL options.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
God, it would be great to have a backup that creates a QB controversy. Don't think it's happening this year. Think it will be Bradford, one of our backups and a doormat from the draft. *sigh*
IIRC, this doesn't line up with what Fisher inferred at the end of the year.

From his year-end presser:
(On if Bradford is entering the offseason as the No. 1 quarterback or if it will be an open competition)
“Yes, there’s going to be competition at the quarterback position, there’s no doubt. Like I said, with somebody that’s not in the building right now. We’re hopeful for that. You’ve got to be realistic, but yeah I think we need to do that. Sam understands that. He doesn’t have any problem with competition. He’s been competing his whole life.”

If you take him at his word (and I am struggling with that more and more), then there should be a controversy. Seems he wants to create one of sorts. At least in TC.

iced

i think thats the reason no oc wanted to come here. Because of Fishers love fo peg leg. That and we dont pivk high enough to get Mariota or Winston and Fa qbs suck. Not getting a Qb last year is going to bite us in the butt. I have no confidence that Bradford will stay healthy. Even if he stays healthy i think he will play scared. another losing season is what i see sorry to say unless they pull off a miracle

fwiw most of the good oc's we wanted were blocked,not that they didnt want to come here

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
fwiw most of the good oc's we wanted were blocked,not that they didnt want to come here
Some were, yes.

But too many (in my view) declined the invitation.

iced

Some were, yes.

But too many (in my view) declined the invitation.

who declined?

I wouldn't call Hackett a decline - he didn't want to pass up a sure thing instead of waiting for a "possibility" (and lets be real, he's not a candidate many here, if anyone, wanted)

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe they reached out to Chud, for one... and he declined.

IIRCC, there were others as well.

WestCoastRam

Legend
IIRC, this doesn't line up with what Fisher inferred at the end of the year.

From his year-end presser:
(On if Bradford is entering the offseason as the No. 1 quarterback or if it will be an open competition)
“Yes, there’s going to be competition at the quarterback position, there’s no doubt. Like I said, with somebody that’s not in the building right now. We’re hopeful for that. You’ve got to be realistic, but yeah I think we need to do that. Sam understands that. He doesn’t have any problem with competition. He’s been competing his whole life.”

If you take him at his word (and I am struggling with that more and more), then there should be a controversy. Seems he wants to create one of sorts. At least in TC.

I think that's what they want. But I think the Rolling Stones and I seem to think differently. The talent of QBs available isn't good enough to create a controversy if Sam's healthy.