Are the Rams All in on Sam Bradford in 2015? --Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Are the Rams all in on Sam Bradford in 2015? Randy Karraker and D’Marco Farr on 101ESPN The Fast Lane discuss it. Randy says there is no chance the Rams trade for Nick Foles.

Listen to Bradford Discussion

Rainram

Starter
Haven't listened to the audio, but i agree with DaveFan.

My only hope is that he helps us out with a team-friendly restructure.

lockdnram21

Legend
If they are there stupid and wouldnt be smart. He hasnt proved anything except he cant stay healthy. im not saying cut him but if we have to pay him 8 mill or more i would let him walk. Hes just not worth it

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess my question would be if not Bradford who? At any price. Not a lot of quality choices.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's clearly going to be back unless the Rams are too cheap or he's too greedy
Had they brought in an outside OC I'd have thought that would have been the final nail in his Rams Career Coffin, but now that they are going pretty much without one, I cant see how he's not back
On a side note, I wonder if that was part of the problem in finding an OC replacement or even with Shotty leaving. Maybe the idea that he was a non negotiable was too much

lockdnram21

Legend
He's clearly going to be back unless the Rams are too cheap or he's too greedy
Had they brought in an outside OC I'd have thought that would have been the final nail in his Rams Career Coffin, but now that they are going pretty much without one, I cant see how he's not back
On a side note, I wonder if that was part of the problem in finding an OC replacement or even with Shotty leaving. Maybe the idea that he was a non negotiable was too much
i think thats the reason no oc wanted to come here. Because of Fishers love fo peg leg. That and we dont pivk high enough to get Mariota or Winston and Fa qbs suck. Not getting a Qb last year is going to bite us in the butt. I have no confidence that Bradford will stay healthy. Even if he stays healthy i think he will play scared. another losing season is what i see sorry to say unless they pull off a miracle

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He's our best option, but this year (and I've always been a big Bradford fan) we MUST have some sort of "1A" option at backup. If there were better option 1s, I'd seriously consider cutting ties. But a healthy Bradford is ridiculously far and away better than anyone we could get, so that's not an option.

I'm not one of those taking it as fact that Bradford will be injured, but there is a higher than normal probability of such, and we need someone who can do more than just "get by". We need someone for whom the season won't necessarily be over.

I was down last year with not drafting a guy in the 1st or 2nd round since all it would do is create QB controversy (and in the case of a 2nd round guy, potentially lock you in to a guy who isn't that good for a year or two). 3rd round, I'm glad we have Mason. After that, there's not much quality difference between 4th rounders and 6th rounders anyway. But this year, we need to go in thinking that this could potentially be Bradford's last year in horns and at least start getting ready.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
i think thats the reason no oc wanted to come here. Because of Fishers love fo peg leg. That and we dont pivk high enough to get Mariota or Winston and Fa qbs suck. Not getting a Qb last year is going to bite us in the butt. I have no confidence that Bradford will stay healthy. Even if he stays healthy i think he will play scared. another losing season is what i see sorry to say unless they pull off a miracle
Let me guess, we should bring in Brady.?

lockdnram21

Legend
He's our best option, but this year (and I've always been a big Bradford fan) we MUST have some sort of "1A" option at backup. If there were better option 1s, I'd seriously consider cutting ties. But a healthy Bradford is ridiculously far and away better than anyone we could get, so that's not an option.

I'm not one of those taking it as fact that Bradford will be injured, but there is a higher than normal probability of such, and we need someone who can do more than just "get by". We need someone for whom the season won't necessarily be over.

I was down last year with not drafting a guy in the 1st or 2nd round since all it would do is create QB controversy (and in the case of a 2nd round guy, potentially lock you in to a guy who isn't that good for a year or two). 3rd round, I'm glad we have Mason. After that, there's not much quality difference between 4th rounders and 6th rounders anyway. But this year, we need to go in thinking that this could potentially be Bradford's last year in horns and at least start getting ready.
thats the thing last year was the year to get a qb in the draft not this year so were basically in the same position. Holding our breaths and hope he stays healthy and plays well. What draft pick or fa would u consider 1b

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't the Rams have a choice at this point.
"All in" could mean several things. Believing in him, giving tools and opportunities for success, yes I think the FO is....as far as being blind to the fact they need another option given his history, I hope they are not that foolish. But, those are two separate things. Bringing in a high draft pick or upgraded the backup spot does not mean the team is not behind Bradford.

lockdnram21

Legend
Let me guess, we should bring in Brady.?
Thats not even a option. My point is there really is no option except to pray that hes the guy this year unless u sell the farm. or get lucky with a trade for Glennon or Cousins. Should have went Qb last year instead of Joyner

Boffo97

Name
Dave
thats the thing last year was the year to get a qb in the draft not this year so were basically in the same position. Holding our breaths and hope he stays healthy and plays well. What draft pick or fa would u consider 1b
My point though was that I kind of agree with not getting one early last year because I'm not the kind of guy to blame the team for not knowing Bradford was going to get hurt. And I don't think the team would have the problem all wrapped up had we taken Garroppolo anyway. I'll accept arguments of not taking one in the 5th or 6th.

This year? I dunno. If Sanchez is considered the top option in FA, FA sucks. And I don't follow college well enough to definitively say this guy over that guy. All I can do is trust that the guys here know what they're doing. If they don't, they'll be gone next year anyway.

Honestly, I've been a bit pessimistic about this next year anyway, feeling like we're going to be getting a new QB and new coach in 2016.

lockdnram21

Legend
My point though was that I kind of agree with not getting one early last year because I'm not the kind of guy to blame the team for not knowing Bradford was going to get hurt. And I don't think the team would have the problem all wrapped up had we taken Garroppolo anyway. I'll accept arguments of not taking one in the 5th or 6th.

This year? I dunno. If Sanchez is considered the top option in FA, FA sucks. And I don't follow college well enough to definitively say this guy over that guy. All I can do is trust that the guys here know what they're doing. If they don't, they'll be gone next year anyway.

Honestly, I've been a bit pessimistic about this next year anyway, feeling like we're going to be getting a new QB and new coach in 2016.
my point is how could u not get a backup plan its not like he set the league on fire. He hasnt really proved anything in this league except he cant stay healthy. At some point you cant keep going on potential

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was of the thought they should have addressed the future of the QB position last year - and no, not in the 6th round. That was actually annoying.

So, basically, they "lost" a year of potentially grooming say, a Garappolo. He might be in position to be a quality future QB for the Rams right now.

They didn't and I believe it set them back a full year at QB.

So, as of today, the options in the draft and free agency just aren't very exciting to me.

"All in"? Not sure about that... but I have little faith Bradford is the future of QB for the Rams. I'm just too concerned about his durability.

Problem is... I don't know who the future is... and I can't envision him right now.

I've said this before... I'm hoping they come up with some quality option that shocks all of us in a very pleasant way.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
my point is how could u not get a backup plan its not like he set the league on fire. He hasnt really proved anything in this league except he cant stay healthy. At some point you cant keep going on potential
They thought they had a backup plan last year with Hill and Gilbert.

This year, they need a better one.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thats not even a option. My point is there really is no option except to pray that hes the guy this year unless u sell the farm. or get lucky with a trade for Glennon or Cousins. Should have went Qb last year instead of Joyner
But even Glennon or Cousins won't move the needle much.

Just more "mediocre" QBs.

Not sure those names could get the Rams to the promised land (playoffs).

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hill was fine.... but Gilbert as the future? Thats's where I had a problem.

lockdnram21

Legend

that wasnt a plan they were banking on Bradford. Gilbert in the6th? A plan would be to get somebody that could compete with Bradford. Hill was just as bad as Clemens and Davis. Hes a journey man for a reason