Are the Broncos in the same situation as the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Of course they are. A great defense and a weakness at the QB position. Personally I think TJ Ward is fooling himself.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-a-qb-but-defense-can-make-things-all-right/

T.J. Ward: We need a QB, but defense can make things all right
Posted by Josh Alper on March 23, 2016

508989728-e1458758457560.jpg
Getty Images

The identity of the Broncos’ starting quarterback for the first week of the regular season remains a mystery as does the full list of players who will be under consideration for the role.

Mark Sanchez is the one contender for the job that we do know and it’s not one that appears to have safety T.J. Ward sleeping easily about the direction the team is heading. During a conversation with former NFL running back Maurice Jones-Drew for NFL.com, Ward shared his thoughts on the quarterback conundrum.

“Whenever you don’t have a quarterback, it’s going to impact a team,” Ward said. “But defensively, we have one mindset: No one scores. So [if] we continue to do that, continue to prepare and dominate on the defensive side, then we’ll be all right. But we got to find someone back there. Right now I think we have Mark Sanchez signed and he has some experience in this league.”

Ward and Jones-Drew both broke out in laughter after Ward completed that thought, which doesn’t suggest much faith in the former Jets and Eagles quarterback’s ability to get the job done. Given what they got from the quarterback position last season, though, whatever Sanchez brings to the team could be just fine if Ward and his defensive teammates keep on rolling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pretty much, but I'll trade Quick for Demaryius Thomas and Britt for Emmanuel Sanders if they want.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes they are, but apparently the altitude in Denver has inflated their pre-season power rankings...where the Broncos are top 5 but the Rams are bottom 5.

not_having_it.gif

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

gonna be interesting when ward and sanchez meet the first time at OTAs.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Their pass catchers are better and their D is slightly better, though maybe not anymore.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
They are much worse off at QB but are better most every where else.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
No , the Broncos are actually good

Dean-Martin-dean-martin-31435570-500-275.gif

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Their pass catchers are better and their D is slightly better, though maybe not anymore.

The Rams D could be as good or close as the Broncos if they had any consistant help from the O, 2 or 3 1st downs then punt is much better than 3& out. The Rams D seems to wear down over time due to all the mins they play/ game. But if the OL can get some push TG should be able to provide either more rest for the D or quick points.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When Osweiler signed with Houston, and had no QB on the roster, I thought all things were equal.
Now that they have Butt Fumble Sanchez we have moved ahead