Aqib Talib Now a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

Now imagine this with Marcus Peters on the other side, with Joyner on the back end this secondary is going to be nastttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyy!!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Not to mention Hill was looking good late last year, and he had looked good previous year. I like our CB depth for sure. This frees us up to address LB and NT in the draft this year.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
:flanders: "Aqib, can you tell us why you chose the Rams over the Patriots?"

2213.png

"Because I actually want to WIN the Superbowl."

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There will be a lot of sacks to be had that’s for sure.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So maybe my crazy prediction of having Talib, Peters and Trumaine is going to come true? :sup:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Where are we with the cap now?!? Where will we be with cutting Austin?? How about Barron??

nighttrain

Legend
i can see Peters and Talib having a hellava good time competing against each other, @opponents QB's expense
train

Ram65

Legend
Luke warm on him, 32 and probably declining. I'd rather have Tru

I'm listening @Ram65, convince me he's not on the downhill slide at 32 playing CB

I'm excited about getting Talib. Still a pro bowl player that teams stayed away from even at 32. He comes with a contract of 11 Mil and 8 Mil for two years. That is almost the amount TruJo gets for one year. I say he is a better fit as a physical press in your face CB than TruJo. The dude is super competitive. He can make up a little speed lose with technique. He isn't the 27 year old version but, he still has some juice in the tank.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/8/1...alib-pro-bowl-cornerback-2018-nfl-free-agency

Part of an article.............
He’d make his first Pro Bowl the following season, then depart in free agency to sign a six-year, $57 million deal with the Broncos. He’d been just as good in Denver, earning Pro Bowl honors each year with the team, returning six interceptions for touchdowns, and making five tackles in his team’s 24-10 Super Bowl 50 victory over the Panthers. Despite a down year in interceptions and tackle, Talib was rarely targeted by opposing quarterbacks last season. When he was, he was still quite efficient in coverage.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow! First Peters, then Talib, and throw in veteran Sam Shields as babysitter:yess:. Phillips has it all figured out!:thinking:

Rams leadership not screwing around, giving Phillips ammo, and I bet they're just getting started.

Next up, Linebackers.:boxing:

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I know it would be crazy, and there's only so many corners on the field at once, but Trumaine re-upping would be something else.

I know it's a bit of a pipe dream, but it's not like any of these corners are locked in for long. Peters and Talib are on 2 year deals and Talib likely wouldn't be brought back after his is done unless it's for a near vet min. price.

Wishful thinking, I know.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We are putting our players on blast. If you want to be a Ram, then prove it. Drag your feet, and they are going to get caught in the door on the way out.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Talib's cap hit is around Quinn's salary and roster bonus for 2018.