AP Sources Say Law Official Sent Rice Video to NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Daryl Washington busted a chick's collarbone and nobody seems to give two spits.

You are so right. I bet there are at least 50 women a day who are battered and beaten worst than Janay. The visuals make this case different but not different or unique.

I know this might be considerd an invasion of privacy, but I would like EVERY Domestic Violence charge to be accompanied by a public release of the police report AND the pictures of the VICTUM at the time of the arrest. These visuals might begin to address the devastion of this and drive us to get it right.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Adam Silver did SUCH a good job that I almost...ALMOST... want to watch the NBA.

I mean...THAT'S how good a job he did.

Goodell has done such a poor job that I almost...ALMOST want to stop watching the NFL.

I mean...THAT'S how bad a job he's done.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think there are 2 differences when comparing the two

1. Adam Silver didn't mess around and waste anytime and did what was best for his league / He came out looking powerful, trustworthy and decisive

2 They are equally grievous actions, both racism and beating women are deserving of lifetime bans

The two actions by the two men are not even close. One's feelings were butt hurt because his concubine was flaunting men who happened to be black in front of the world and made stupid comments in a private phone conversation. The other man was willing to cover up a sick act by one of his star players for the love of power and money. I'd say the two actions are not even remotely equal. Goodell should be removed today! Ray Rice and his victim decided to get married after their MMA style elevator ride. Figure that one out. True love?

Alan

Legend
Dieter the Brock deserving extra likes:
They are equally grievous actions, both racism and beating women are deserving of lifetime bans
I needed room to give you more likes so...

Like, like, like, like, like

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
You are so right. I bet there are at least 50 women a day who are battered and beaten worst than Janay. The visuals ad the potential of the visuals make this case different.

I know this might be considerd an invasion of privacy, but I would like EVERY Domestic Violence charge to be accompanied by the police report AND the picturs of the VICTUM at the time of the arrest. We might begin to address and get this right.

I like the fact that many who are speaking out about it (love him or hate him, KO's take down calling for Goodell's resignation a few days ago was on the money) ALSO are taking the time to incorporate the JUDGE, DA and Prosecutor among those who allowed justice to go unfulfilled and bolstered the reality that domestic violence goes mostly unpunished in this country.

I also like that sports journalists are FINALLY not just bootlicking. Maybe because they finally see that Goodell may not be Commissioner anymore or that there will be accountability for any who didn't hold him accountable or, who knows? Payback? Whatever the motivation, I like that sports journos aren't just asking the owners what they should write...for once...

209RamsFan

Deny Deny Deny Goodell....is that what they taught you at Washington&Jefferson College Goodell??!!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
They just do not get it...

NFL's security investigating the NFL....seriously:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...investigating-whether-league-office-got-tape/. Most relevant quote....

"Furthermore, there’s an obvious, blatant conflict with the NFL having its own security department conduct this investigation. If the NFL wants anyone to trust any type of investigation into this matter, it needs to ask an independent investigator who’s not beholden to the league to conduct the investigation."

Who would your independent investigator be?

cracengl

Rookie
Here's my theory, and it's based on Georgia open records law. (So I'm sure there's leeway and differences). I think they're technically telling the truth about requesting it and being denied. But here's the thing, until the investigation is over and it has no disposition, law enforcement will not give out that type of stuff-and they're not required to. But once it is closed and disposed of then it becomes subject to open records laws. I think when this happened the NFL was probably in full cover up mode and had no interest in asking again. Or they're telling the truth 100%, but something about that just doesn't add up.

iced

Knowing how goodell is with tapes,i bet he saw it and destroyed it

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I hope Goodell gets the boot. The way he covered up spygate for his pet franchise was sickening. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew about it when it happened. The country needed an underdog named the "Patriots" to beat the big, bad Rams and the GSOT. Goodell, Belichek and Bernie Kukar made it happen. They had to involve Kukar in case knowing the plays ahead of time didn't work.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Minimum:

1. He is suspended for a year without pay just like S Peyton who did not know about Bounty gate.
  2. Loses his ability to be prosecutor, judge and jury.
  3. The NFL commits $100 M of their portion of this years revenue to domestic abuse/women shelters in the US

O
Don't forget about the $500,000 fine. Min.
His cover ups are worse than what Isray has done.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
finally, the nfl is caught in a quagmire of lies that it cannot lie its way out of. this time the beast is fully exposed in all its glory.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I hope Goodell gets the boot. The way he covered up spygate for his pet franchise was sickening. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if he knew about it when it happened. The country needed an underdog named the "Patriots" to beat the big, bad Rams and the GSOT. Goodell, Belichek and Bernie Kukar made it happen. They had to involve Kukar in case knowing the plays ahead of time didn't work.
it's way deeper than goodhell, but he may fall on the sword to save the beast.

RamWoodie

Legend
LET IT DIE ALREADY! Rice has been thoroughly condemned. Leave the guy to hopefully work on himself and become a better husband and person.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
LET IT DIE ALREADY! Rice has been thoroughly condemned. Leave the guy to hopefully work on himself and become a better husband and person.

Is any of that happening? This is important because Roger Goodell has SIX more cases of Domestic Violence before him since he signed that letter...including Ray McDonald.

Moreover, Ray Rice had his wife....*grinds teeth*... apologize for her role in the "incident". I refuse to "blame the victim" on this. I won't speculate about their relationship, why she still went through with the wedding or indict HER in any way. Ray Rice doesn't seem to think that he's a batterer.

So, I really have no qualms about NOT letting him off the hook and to continue to keep this issue in the spotlight including keeping the spotlight ON RAY RICE, who btw isn't in jail as he should be. In order to ask for forgiveness, one must actually be contrite. Ray Rice only seems to be frustrated that Janay couldn't take a punch better...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

That sword should impale them as well as a few others, to be quite forthright about this...