AP Pro32 comments about Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-pro32-c ... --nfl.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comments on the St. Louis Rams by the AP Pro32 panel (ranking in parentheses):

---

ST. LOUIS RAMS (22)

Chris Berman (ESPN, 21) - Defense every week.

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 23) - Off day by kicker cost them dearly against Dolphins.

Rich Gannon (CBS Sports/SiriusXM NFL Radio, 26) - Up and down from week to week as expected with a new staff.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 21) - Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein finally missed a field goal - three, actually - and they proved crucial in a three-point loss to the Dolphins.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 24) - The Rams are unbeaten at home but winless on the road. That all adds up to 3-3.

Clark Judge (CBSSports.com, 20) - The Rams are tough and competitive. They're also a year away.

Ira Kaufman (Tampa Tribune, 25) - All of a sudden the Rams find themselves stuck at the bottom of a very competitive NFC West.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 21) - Jeff Fisher is making significant progress with this team but the loss of Danny Amendola is a big adjustment.

John Lynch (Fox Sports, 19) - They lost a tough one to an improving Dolphins team. The Rams compete hard every week.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 15) - The special-teams unit that had spearheaded the Rams' first three victories failed in a 17-14 loss to Miami.

Dan Pompei (Chicago Tribune, 20) - The Rams are becoming the type of team that commands respect even in defeat.

---

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Those all seem pretty accurate.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Wel I don't think we're a year away, from what?
You are not guaranteed to progress so what you are is what you are, and the league is so equal from top to bottom that a 3-3 team is easily "in it".
Fisher has taken it slow with some of his rookies but gradually they are getting more playing time.
My bet is this, JJ won't brain fart like he did again for a good while ( I think in retrospect that the PR duties added to being an every down CB might have been overloading a rook), that Brian Quick will learn from his mistakes and if we can keep the .500 record into Dec. and we don't have a ton of injuries we can make a playoff push SOOOO we may be 10 weeks away.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Thordaddy said:
Wel I don't think we're a year away, from what?
You are not guaranteed to progress so what you are is what you are, and the league is so equal from top to bottom that a 3-3 team is easily "in it".
Fisher has taken it slow with some of his rookies but gradually they are getting more playing time.
My bet is this, JJ won't brain fart like he did again for a good while ( I think in retrospect that the PR duties added to being an every down CB might have been overloading a rook), that Brian Quick will learn from his mistakes and if we can keep the .500 record into Dec. and we don't have a ton of injuries we can make a playoff push SOOOO we may be 10 weeks away.

Even senior players have "brain fart" moments - and jj has done more good than bad in my opinion - one of our better draft picks in a long time. And i hope and pray Quick is going to get up to speed soon, Givens is proving he's going to be be a solid deep threat game after game too - we're playing much better this year than last - we're a couple of places away from being a VERY good team week in week out.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
X said:
ASSOCIATED PRESS
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-pro32-c ... --nfl.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Comments on the St. Louis Rams by the AP Pro32 panel (ranking in parentheses):

---

ST. LOUIS RAMS (22)

Clifton Brown (Sporting News, 23) - Off day by kicker cost them dearly against Dolphins.

Bob Glauber (Newsday, 21) - Greg "The Leg" Zuerlein finally missed a field goal - three, actually - and they proved crucial in a three-point loss to the Dolphins.

Alex Marvez (Foxsports.com, 15) - The special-teams unit that had spearheaded the Rams' first three victories failed in a 17-14 loss to Miami.
---

Huh? They act like GZ missed 35 yarders in a dome...do they not know the conditions and situation? Probably not.

Pat Kirwan (SiriusXM NFL Radio/CBSSports.com, 21) - Jeff Fisher is making significant progress with this team but the loss of Danny Amendola is a big adjustment.

Huh? C'mon Kirwan. Danny never was the point scorer, except the team made the highest offensive output against a good D. Points were the problem.

Rick Gosselin (Dallas Morning News, 24) - The Rams are unbeaten at home but winless on the road. That all adds up to 3-3.

No shit. How much did he get paid for that?

HUH!?