AP: Denver Cuts Shelley Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

manmaderam

The one and only
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29135359/shelley-smith-waived-by-broncos-make-room-sam-brenner

Shelley Smith waived by Broncos to make room for Sam Brenner

By Troy E. Renck The Denver Post

Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2015 - 9:19 p.m.

The Broncos' Shelley Smith signing began with good intentions and ended Wednesday without him ever playing. The former Colorado State product was waived to make room on the 53-man roster for offensive lineman Sam Brenner.

The Broncos claimed Brenner of waivers on Wednesday afternoon. He played in three games for the Miami Dolphins this season. Undrafted from Utah, the 25-year-old, 310-pounder can play guard or center, though it's unlikely he will be active for this Sunday's game.

Smith signed a two-year, $4.25-million deal in the offseason with a $1 million signing bonus. He will count $500,000 in dead cap money next season. Smith struggled to gain traction in training camp. Ben Garland and Max Garcia moved ahead of him on the depth chart, and any chance of Smith starting vanished when the Broncos signed Evan Mathis after the second preseason game.

Smith had appeared in 36 regular-season games in his previous five seasons with Houston, St. Louis, and Miami

Should we consider resigning him to help out with our recent oline problem? The guy knows the system

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Should we consider resigning him to help out with our recent oline problem? The guy knows the system

35k9atk.gif~c200
those-awkward-moments-when-you-cant-stop-laughing_851.gif
tumblr_mzucauvoa11ru72puo1_r1_400.gif

:hellno::wtf:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think the fact that Shelley Smith and Chris Williams both got decent sized contracts when they left us shows how good of a coach Boudreau is, because he got production out of literally nothing.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I say that our remaining OG's after loosing Saffold & Brown will be good enough to run with for a while. Reynolds has proven to be effective @ OLG. Looking forward to watching the brute Cody Wichmann @ ORG the remaining 7 games. Top interior OL reserve Demetrius Rhaney should get his chance to fill in when needed too. The 4th OG would be our 4th rd pick this past draft Andrew Donnal. Then theirs those two new interior OL'ers WWC's Eric Kush & Brian Folkerts. I see no reason to give him a thought.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the fact that Shelley Smith and Chris Williams both got decent sized contracts when they left us shows how good of a coach Boudreau is, because he got production out of literally nothing.
Or, perhaps, how desperate some teams are for Oline help.

Just sayin'....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't think we can overlook the Urkell. Shelley means nothing.......