Anyone watching Brett Hundley tonight?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
That's why I'm saying Jason Campbell. Exact problem Campbell had. Similar physical attributes, size, and weaknesses.
People get caught up, as do teams, in the size, athleticism, and arm strength. I hope the Rams don't and if the do please not at 10.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I could see that but what I've seen of him I believe he throws open a WR better than Capernick and can read a defense at least on the same level. By no means am I saying he's polished but the dude is very intriguing to me to maybe move up into the late round of 1st and pick him up.

I'd rather have Petty in that spot right now.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd rather have Petty in that spot right now.

Have to concur and with others too. Keep waiting for Hundley to throw down the field and he does not although Petty is older and will be 24 next season I would still lean in that direction or Shane Carden later on.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
My viewing experience is limited.
However. Between Cook, Hundley and Petty. I like Petty by far.

The run first mentality of Hundley concerns me.

Cooks arm is strong, but he use sprays the ball. Way off on his accuracy at times. Even when given tons of time to throw a strike.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he's got a long development coming in the NFL but he is intriguing.

Watching this game I really like the WR Lockett of K-State, kid has enormous heart and plays big. Can't imagine him not being a solid possession type WR in the NFL. I always enjoy watching Kendricks too, dude flat out is always around the ball. Neither are high draft picks but both are gonna be good players at the next level I think.
Lockett, the way he makes full speed cuts, his speed, hands, understanding of routes, concepts, and he had NFL bloodlines. He looks like a pro to me, all he lacks is good size, but he is very impressive. I thought Hundley played a pretty good game, not the best I've seen him play, but he made a couple exceptional plays in the pocket with a lot of pressure in his face, and around him. His receivers dropped a few crucial first downs, which were not his fault, and he made a good decision to throw a ball away when his receiver was double covered.

He has improved his game in all aspects, so I see no reason that he can't keep improving. #10 is probably too high, but not sure he will make it to mid 2nd round, because he is such a smart, driven kid, some teams will fall in love with him through the process. A lot of say he's a run first guy...IMHO, he is not a run first guy, but he will run when he needs to.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Like I said, I see Jason Campbell.
Campbell not a bad comparison, actually, but I don't think Hundley has peaked, at all. That would be the difference to me. I've seen his every game, and he is still improving. I can't overlook that.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I was real interested in watching to see how well he threw the ball. I thought he was decent but not great with his throws. Got the ball to the outside with decent zip to get there for some nice first downs in the first half. I hated the way they shutdown in the second half and he really didn't show much but they got it done.

I think at 10 would be over drafting him but at 41 he would be about on schedule. I think someone will probably take him earlier than that as always QBs will elevate up the draft boards. I think he will take at least a year to develop and I doubt the Rams staff's ability to do that more than his ability to learn.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24932453/nfl-draft-brett-hundley-flashes-first-round-form-in-alamo-bowl-win
NFLDraftScout.com

I just read this, and, this is how I see him, so I agree with this report. I think it's pretty consistent to what I've seen. DR RAM.

2015 NFL Draft: Brett Hundley flashes first round form in Alamo Bowl win
By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com
January 2, 2015 10:37 pm ET
img24932545.jpg

Brett Hundley has a smooth, over-the-top delivery and the ball explodes out of his hand. (USATSI)
In the final game of his collegiate career, UCLA quarterback Brett Hundley showed off the physical traits - and improved poise as a pocket passer - that could have his stock steadily rising as the 2015 draft approaches.

The redshirt junior accounted for 232 all-purpose yards and scored three touchdowns in leading the Bruins to a 40-35 win over Kansas State in the Alamo Bowl.

Hundley didn't post the gaudy statistics that will generate excitement in the media. He guided the Bruins to a commanding 31-6 halftime lead and the Bruins elected to run the ball most of the second half, limiting his opportunities. The manner in which Hundley earned his numbers, however, will catch the attention from scouts.

Hundley completed just 12 of 24 passes for 136 yards, including a seven-yard touchdown. He also ran for another 96 yards and two more scores. His passing numbers would have been even better had his receivers not dropped several passes against the Wilcats, including a perfectly thrown deep ball that Thomas Duarte let slip through his hands with 11:21 remaining in the second quarter.

A few of the passes Hundley attempted against Kansas State were relatively simple screens and option-throws - the same kind of throws Mariota made last night against the Seminoles.

Most of Hundley's passes, however, were straight out of an NFL playbook, including deep-outs, posts and slants.

Even more impressive than Hundley's accuracy, though, was his improved eye level and poise in a muddied pocket.

While the 6-foot-3, 227 pound Hundley boasts many of the physical traits scouts are looking for in a potential franchise quarterback, he's hasn't always played with the poise in the pocket required in the NFL. Too often when pressured over his career, Hundley has taken his eyes off his receivers and essentially become a running back, looking to elude pass rushers and scramble. He's such an instinctive, graceful runner that he can get away (and even star) with this at the collegiate level.

The NFL, however, has consistently humbled scrambling quarterbacks who can't throw accurately from the pocket. As such, Hundley's development in this area is critical.

Fortunately, Hundley did show improved patience in the pocket this season. Here's a clip demonstrating Hundley stepping up and delivering a nice pass for a first down against the Wildcats, for example. Other than Friday night's Alamo Bowl victory to cap his career, Hundley showed improved instincts as a passer in a big road win at Arizona State and in the rivalry game victory against Southern Cal.

The well-built Hundley is a graceful runner, with a combination of agility, acceleration and beautiful touch on the deep ball that reminds me of a young Randall Cunningham. He has a smooth, over-the-top delivery and the ball explodes out of his hand.

Flashes of gains as a pocket passer and Hundley's undeniable potential could be all a QB-hungry NFL needs to have one of its clubs draft him in the first round.

Hundley, who Bruins head coach Jim Mora confirmed last month would indeed be entering the 2015 draft, is NFLDraftScout.com's No. 43 overall prospect and third-rated quarterback. He sits behind only projected top two picks Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston. That's nearly 50 spots higher than Baylor's Bryce Petty, NFLDraftScout.com's top-rated senior quarterback.

Because Hundley remains a work-in-progress as a pocket passer, he probably should be selected on Day Two. Given his potential and the huge drop-off at the quarterback position behind him, however, it isn't difficult to imagine a team with a mid-first round pick gambling on him. The Houston Texans and Philadelphia Eagles, for example, could be interested.