Anyone want Wes Welker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Nope, not even at his prime, he had a knack for dropping crucial catches on 3rd down. He was the reason why the Pats got slaughtered by the Ravens in the 2013 AFC Championship game..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I could see some pass heavy team giving him a shot. They can never have too many receivers. Maybe Green Bay or New Orleans?

jap

Legend
Who needs Wes? We already have Sted. The Horns ought to make him the slot guy and move Tavon all over so he can truly be a match-up nightmere.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I agree with this however in my bipolar nature it also makes me wonder if for the same reason it might be a guy who Austin could watch, learn and emulate
I'd get your cat checked on first of all. I'll bet he's sick.
But 2nd thought is Cignetti had Jackson in college and he was used well enough to see him taken in the 2nd round. So it's on record someone knows how to use him. And bringing in Welker to bring that to the field would be a roster spot we need to give someone else much more needed. (Oline, safety, Dline, etc)

Moostache

Rookie
No. He is now a poor man's Danny Amendola instead of the other way around.
Hang 'em up Wes, and hope that you have not already damaged your brain beyond a healthy post-career life.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd get your cat checked on first of all. I'll bet he's sick.
But 2nd thought is Cignetti had Jackson in college and he was used well enough to see him taken in the 2nd round. So it's on record someone knows how to use him. And bringing in Welker to bring that to the field would be a roster spot we need to give someone else much more needed. (Oline, safety, Dline, etc)
Actually, Desean Jackson was in the NFL in 2008 when Cignetti was at Cal.
If we take anything out of Cig's one year at Cal its that Jahvid Best had his career year that year
I wouldnt be opposed to having Welker on a cheap deal, doesnt take a roster spot away from anyone, maybe he buddy's up with Austin. If he cant be beaten out during TC/PS by another WR then he sticks around.
But I also wouldnt have a gram of disappointment if they didnt bring him in

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Actually, Desean Jackson was in the NFL in 2008 when Cignetti was at Cal.
If we take anything out of Cig's one year at Cal its that Jahvid Best had his career year that year
Geeeeeeeeee Diets........it's a good thing I don't get high anymore.....you would be ruining it. We need our receivers to be productive, it's already been shown we can get some mileage out of our backs..........
I just think he (Welker) would fit in better somewhere else and we need to utilize that roster spot another way.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Geeeeeeeeee Diets........it's a good thing I don't get high anymore.....you would be ruining it. We need our receivers to be productive, it's already been shown we can get some mileage out of our backs..........
I just think he (Welker) would fit in better somewhere else and we need to utilize that roster spot another way.
Dont get what you mean by utilize a roster spot. We re going to have plenty a WR in TC/PS that will compete for a spot that have no chance to make the team. I dont see how a Wes Welker is taking any spot away.
Again, Im with you that he's not necassary, but I could see the upside to having him around as well

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Dont get what you mean by utilize a roster spot. We re going to have plenty a WR in TC/PS that will compete for a spot that have no chance to make the team. I dont see how a Wes Welker is taking any spot away.
Again, Im with you that he's not necassary, but I could see the upside to having him around as well
In the final 53.......

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Nah. I can't throw the ball and catch it. Plus TA is about to blow this shit up.